Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay - Page 4 Cox_ba12

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 11:23 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 10:59 am

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by roddie Today at 10:54 am

» How's the weather?
by rsv1cox Today at 10:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay - Page 4 Empty Re: Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay

Post  rdw777 Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:05 am

Beautiful and sleek looking airplane Bob….. A super nice addition to the fleet!!….I always like to see random shots of your display room too…. Like taking a peek into the 70’s Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay - Page 4 Empty Re: Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay

Post  MauricioB Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:40 pm

First of all, I want to thank you very much Bob for the gesture of putting my name there, on one of your pretty model airplanes. I'm really thankful for that!
On the other hand, I want to continue learning about his flight system, I have read everyone and I appreciate the time of those who answered the questions, thank you very much.
So I want to ask now to clear my doubts:
1) Given the monoline spiral system, it is operated with two hands then? One holds the handle and the other operates the reel that spins the twisted cable line? Is that correct?
2) I want to see a photo of the control transmission system, right in the connection that transmits the control to the elevator.
3) It is assumed that a system is somewhat late in responding given the form of command transmission? Is that why the model becomes unstable? Is it like the pilot's order is behind the model's response?
4) Is there a video where I can see the pilot in action (flying his model plane) with a single line?
If one of these questions is not understood, please let me know, as I want to learn.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:06 am

I share your curisoity Mauricio.  I would like to know more about these monoline systems but I am still unclear how the attachment is made to this connecton.  It must be secure and allow for a twisting motion but it's more of a ball than a square.

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay - Page 4 Monoli10

Also this mechanism.  It's built in so I can't investigatge it without damaging the airplane.  It looks like a cam that acts on the bellcrank.  I can't get my fingers or anything in there to twist or pull the ball end.

Vintage Cox Tee Dee .049 speed plane - nice ebay - Page 4 Mono_l10

Seems that no one has a theory about the two fuel line connections to the engine. Mine is, a long or short flight duration, but you would have to block the other open end.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:59 am

OK, here is a video of a guy flying monoline. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBA9cTS9GmA You will notice that he is holding on to the handle pretty tightly. The other hand is just using two fingers to slide the spool in and out to spin the twisted wire on the handle. As far as the attachment of the line, the end of the solid wire line is just looped around and soldered like a normal control line that is wrapped in thin copper wire. It is fed through the wing and spread out carefully over the little button that shows through the unit. The unit has the wire around the button in a similar way, but will not come off. The made up end on the flying wire must have a loop that is not so short that it will come off, but not so long that it falls off. I had one come off once, and it was exciting but not good. As far as the tank, I think it is uniflow so one tube goes to the back of the tank at the bottom, and the other tube should be slightly in front of it. The idea is kind of that the air entering will make a bubble that will float to the inboard side and not interfere with the feed tube. The tube that is not attached to the motor should be facing forward in clean air to give a slight pressure to the tank as it is moving forward at 85 mph. If the pressure tube does not go near the feed tube, and only goes to the top, then it just goes to the pressure backplate.
No one uses the pressure nipple on the plastic carb housing that I know of. They just fall off. There are two tubes on the side that are only for filling. There is a piece of maybe 1" fuel tubing that is used to fill the tank. It is filled through one tube and when full it escapes through the other. After it is full, you just insert the tubing over the other tube to seal the tank, so it is a U shaped silicone or rubber tube.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4