Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Cox_ba12

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 6:47 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Empty
Live on Patrol

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Go down

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Empty Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:59 am

Sometimes it's tractors and actual physical work.

My morning. Broken glass, downed snow laden broken branches, and West Virginia Vultures/Airbus or Boeing flying overhead. Not work. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting that I baked yesterday. Don't get between me and chocolate frosted Yellow cake..........

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles P1015002
Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles P1015001
Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles P1015003
Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles P1015004
Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles P1015005

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Empty Re: Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  getback Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:06 am

Baked yesterday ! Man that cake is losing the battle lol! lol! Sunny and clear here today too , need to getback on that downed tree , worked on it yesterday with the limb saw on the limbs that is What? RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Empty Re: Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Post  rdw777 Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:11 pm

Me too Bob…. Building up a raised bed for planting…. Hauling in sand and dirt about 55 gallons at a time …. We have about three inches of top soil here then rock…. Going to try and raise some gourds this year to become houses for my Purple Martins….

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Fd6fd110
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:32 pm

Your going to scratch the bed liner on that fine GMC truck yet Robert. Smile

That soil looks pretty good. Mostly shale here in West Virginia. Sand in Florida but with enough fertilizer we could grow most anything in it. We had rich soil (Mom called it loam) in New Hampshire. She always turned out a really great garden.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:22 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Your going to scratch the bed liner on that fine GMC truck yet Robert. Smile
Aren't bed liners to protect an already scratched, abused truck bed? Very Happy

My S-10 pickup already had a badly cracked dashboard, but a new dashboard liner that cleaned up the looks, now looks great. Very Happy Yet on my other vehicles, 2013 Journey and 2019 G. Caravan, put a new dash liner to prevent them from cracking. Huh... Laughing

Six of one, half a dozen of another. lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:18 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Your going to scratch the bed liner on that fine GMC truck yet Robert. Smile
Aren't bed liners to protect an already scratched, abused truck bed? Very Happy

My S-10 pickup already had a badly cracked dashboard, but a new dashboard liner that cleaned up the looks, now looks great. Very Happy Yet on my other vehicles, 2013 Journey and 2019 G. Caravan, put a new dash liner to prevent them from cracking. Huh... Laughing

Six of one, half a dozen of another. lol!

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles 001-ne10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:45 pm

Yes, The liner may scratched up little lol!….. But that’s OK, She’s a worker Thumbs Up
Very handy to have the PU truck…. I actually use that function quite a lot
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:50 pm

Bob, not sure about your post on the NM Zia, your point?  Huh...  Cool  lol!
rdw777 wrote:Yes, The liner may scratched up little lol!….. But that’s OK, She’s a worker Thumbs Up
Very handy to have the PU truck…. I actually use that function quite a lot
Regarding usefulness, Robert, similarly, my 1999 S10 base pickup (nothing fancy, no air conditioner) that replaced my 1990 Dodge D150 long bed pickup with high fiberglass camper top is useful. Thought I'd miss the larger truck, but found this little S10 is the truck that could (think Thomas the Tank Engine Train Very Happy ), still very useful. (Thomas was a favorite with my son when younger, and now with the grandsons. Wink )
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:18 pm

Nothing at all wrong with a smaller truck George…. Matter of fact, Sometimes can be an advantage…..I had a 96 Nissan that I really liked…. Five speed manual with 4 cylinder…. I changed the timing chain on it once in about a 10 hr straight thru….

My GMC is pretty plain jane just the way I like…. No fancy audio but gets my favorite station just fine on the radio…..Rubber floor….No key fob, Gotta put your key in the door…. I do wish it had a lock on the passenger side though ….etc….
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:59 pm

Bob, that's some damage you did to the cake!

I like small trucks. I still miss my Ford Ranger. That motor was a tractor! No AC, Pinto carb, late model shorty factory exhaust "header," roller rockers and cam, all on a 2.0 Lima (Pinto heritage) engine.

That truck kept work in perspective. I could never get more than a day's work in it. Therefore I never had to store more than a day's pile of (left-over) material from one day to the next.

Now, my FILs GMC long bed could cause a "work pile-up." I won't use it to get a lot of building materials.

Sigh...I still miss that Ranger.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 pm

I love the ease of entry with my Honda Accord proximity key.  Walk up to the locked car with keys securely in your pocket, slip your hand under the door handle and pull.  Hit the start button and your on your way.  Keys never leave your pocket.  

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles Proxim10

Certainally not new. 2015 edition.  I have serious intentions one day of trading in my loved Nissan 350Z in for a Hyundai Santa Cruz just to get that feature.  But you can't find them on the dealers lot, you have to order, pay full price and wait.  Paying full price for a new car is not in my game book.

What I don't understand is why Hyundai is building a lot of cars that do not sell and not building the Santa Cruz.  

BTW - For me even thinking about buying a Hyundai borders on the unthinkable.

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles 2022hy10

Edit......

George.  NM State flag.  Sun eats up cars interiors.

put a new dash liner to prevent them from cracking.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:27 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I love the ease of entry with my Honda Accord proximity key.  Walk up to the locked car with keys securely in your pocket, slip your hand under the door handle and pull.  Hit the start button and your on your way.  Keys never leave your pocket. Certainly not new. 2015 edition.
Our 2013 Dodge Journey SXT is keyed exactly like your Honda with FOB in pocket, door unlocks by grasping the handle, push brake and start button same time. But I like the remote start feature of the Grand Caravan. While parked in driveway, press the FOB start button twice from dining room, automatically starts up, runs for 10 minutes then shuts off unless you enter beforehand. If below 40ºF, automatically turns on steering wheel and seat heaters. I enter a toasty warm car.

rsv1cox wrote:I have serious intentions one day of trading in my loved Nissan 350Z in for a Hyundai Santa Cruz just to get that feature.  But you can't find them on the dealers lot, you have to order, pay full price and wait.  Paying full price for a new car is not in my game book. What I don't understand is why Hyundai is building a lot of cars that do not sell and not building the Santa Cruz. BTW - For me even thinking about buying a Hyundai borders on the unthinkable.
It's accorded to by their marketing strategy. Here it is easier to get that pickup. Good number of the dealers here and nearby rural Texas Panhandle, you see more pickups parked out front than you do sedans. But we don't have easy access to vehicles available in your locale, like some luxury vehicle models. Yet, you can easily get Mercedes Metris Van in your local, not New Mexico. I wanted to get one, has the interior space of a Chevy Astrovan, a bit bigger than the Caravan. Judging by the ads, most are available in the largest city areas and East Coast, not the Southwest.

Every one locally that I looked at had one problem or another. These were late model, only a couple years old or less and less than 60K miles. One, someone had nicked the GPS Navigation, an $800 option. (Module can be easily accessed through a door in the glove box back.) Dealer photos showed the GPS. Engine splash pan was lacking plastic rivet fasteners, possible someone also nicked the optional stability control module by dropping the pan (located in engine compartment near steering mechanism, easy thefts with good payback, less than 5 minute removals).

One, someone had rattle canned the steel rims to hide the rust, very poorly done, plus vehicle had an abusive life. Big dents in the floor, some through the hard rubber floor liner, appeared to be operated by a drilling rig crew. (These are used as airport shuttles, taxis, and cargo vans.) Another had saw cuts in the rear trailer hitch.

The Caravan has been a blessing in disguise, has all the luxury features except passenger DVD units, just blends in with the background. The Mercedes big star is a good way to get rolled in some cities or vandalized, because thieves think you have money.

rsv1cox wrote:NM State flag. Sun eats up cars interiors. put a new dash liner to prevent them from cracking.
Bob, I think that is a universal problem everywhere, not just us. lol! One good thing is with roads not salted as frequently (they use coal dust or sand), body steel lasts forever. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:36 am

Yes, the carpet in my South Carolina RX-7 under the glass hatch turned to dust when I removed it. Right to the trash can OEM or not. Smile

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles P1015011
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:39 am

Bought wife unit a Chrysler and it has a proximity key, push button start and rotary dial for trans.
We both left it running more than once, she parked it once and left it idle for five hours.
At least the tank was full cause it used more gas than I would have thought.
You could also shut engine down in drive and car would roll, they changed that with a recall.
We are used to it now.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:43 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Yes, the carpet in my South Carolina RX-7 under the glass hatch turned to dust when I removed it.  Right to the trash can OEM or not.  Smile
I can understand that, not worth saving. Just curios Bob, but does someone similar to a dash cover maker have a pattern already, you just need to custom order from them?

crankbndr wrote:...Chrysler... We both left it running more than once, she parked it once and left it idle for five hours. At least the tank was full cause it used more gas than I would have thought. You could also shut engine down in drive and car would roll, they changed that with a recall. We are used to it now.
Interesting, parking paw problem, did not engage like it should. Had a 1999 Ford Taurus, really nice car, but seemed to have a mind of its own to lock the doors once in a while without me hitting the door lock switch with keys in the ignition. I learned since to roll the driver window of all vehicles down part way, so I could reach for the door handle from inside.

That happened to me 14 years ago, in the middle of a freezing winter. Fortunately, office keys were on another ring. I opened the office, took a company vehicle to another job site I needed to visit. Taurus was idling for about 5 hours. Came back after job done, called my wife from the office. She came out with her set of keys so I could drive home.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:02 pm

One of the first things I ordered George. Should have been the last.

Life isn't always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles S-l50011

Did the same when I first got my Accord. 85 YO ears did'nt help. Look for it now.

CR-v will lock doors with the fob in my pocket without pressing the button. Static electricity I would think.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:40 pm

rsv1cox wrote:One of the first things I ordered George.  Should have been the last. Did the same when I first got my Accord.  85 YO ears didn't help.  Look for it now.
For me, sometimes just getting an eyesore of an item out of the way, even though lower priority makes it worth it. As I recall, the hatchback was the first area you started in to open the outside fuel door. New replacement looks nice, will clean it up considerably.

rsv1cox wrote:CR-v will lock doors with the fob in my pocket without pressing the button.  Static electricity I would think.
If I have other things in my pocket, sometimes just moving causes the pocket to shift, which in turn causes another item (other keys, coins, etc.) to hit one of the buttons.

Several time it has set off the Journey panic alarm, other times locked doors.

Recently, a replacement FOB for the Caravan went bad (DOA - dead on arrival) even after replacing battery. Pressing buttons with new battery didn't work, so I used the manual key from it to open the driver door, which set off the alarm. Ran back to the house and got the other FOB to shut off the alarm. Had an additional FOB with one less feature (no remote start button), so trashed the bad one, now it is the backup.

So much for "high tech". Doh!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:59 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:One of the first things I ordered George.  Should have been the last. Did the same when I first got my Accord.  85 YO ears didn't help.  Look for it now.
For me, sometimes just getting an eyesore of an item out of the way, even though lower priority makes it worth it. As I recall, the hatchback was the first area you started in to open the outside fuel door. New replacement looks nice, will clean it up considerably.

rsv1cox wrote:CR-v will lock doors with the fob in my pocket without pressing the button.  Static electricity I would think.
If I have other things in my pocket, sometimes just moving causes the pocket to shift, which in turn causes another item (other keys, coins, etc.) to hit one of the buttons.

Several time it has set off the Journey panic alarm, other times locked doors.

Recently, a replacement FOB for the Caravan went bad (DOA - dead on arrival) even after replacing battery. Pressing buttons with new battery didn't work, so I used the manual key from it to open the driver door, which set off the alarm. Ran back to the house and got the other FOB to shut off the alarm. Had an additional FOB with one less feature (no remote start button), so trashed the bad one, now it is the backup.

So much for "high tech". Doh!

My brother was so proud of his Caravan.  "Look, 4X8' sheets of plywood/panelling slide right under the seats."  Was his pickup truck.  My daughter always wanted me to get one, loved the space and sliding door.  

When we went to New Hampshire (Accord) an old childhood friend took us sight seeing in her's.  I hadn't been home in over 50 years. Pacific or Pacifica as I recall.  For some reason I cram my body into little RX-7's and 350Z's.

I do so want that Santa Cruz but I'm not adding a fourth (running) car and I'm not giving up any that I have.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down