Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Looking for glow fuel Cox_ba12

Looking for glow fuel Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Looking for glow fuel Empty
Live on Patrol

Looking for glow fuel

Go down

Looking for glow fuel Empty Looking for glow fuel

Post  Grf4413 Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:06 am

Been looking on the web for some glow fuel. Sig doesn't have any in stock and I couldn't find any listing for gloplugboy's fuel. just wondering where you.are getting your fuel from?
Grf4413
Grf4413
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Looking for glow fuel Empty Re: Looking for glow fuel

Post  balogh Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:24 pm

I am not living in the US but like many others here, I blend my fuel from its components bought individually wherever I find them..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:37 pm

Hey GR > let me see >>  https://brodak.com/fuel/fuel-qt-15-nitro-11-5-castor-11-5-synthetic-1.html  see if they have what U need ?that time again
Surprised this is a Good source if he has it he has IT ! .>> http://fitzfuels.com/index.php?id_category=13&controller=category Very Happy

Last edited by getback on Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:25 pm

http://ritchsbrew.com/rb.html You need to call, don't rely on e-mail
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Looking for glow fuel Empty Looking for glow fuel

Post  Grf4413 Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:12 pm

Thanks for replies.  Found torco has a gal jug of 100% rc nitro.  $97 and free shipping. May try to blend up some 1/2a fuel.  I do that for my bigger glow motors, but have been using sig's for my cox engines.  Brodak does have 1/2a fuel, $15 a quart..
Grf4413
Grf4413
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:07 pm

I used to go to Bones Brew for high nitro/low oil fuel, then add Klotz BeNol to customize the blend, however, it looks like another supplier has been regulated out of business.

From the Bones Brew site:

I appreciate all of the support and business from customers over the years.  Over the last 4 years there have been numerous compliance changes in the manufacturing and shipping of nitro fuel that I have had to implement to continue producing a quality product at a reasonable price.   June is right around the corner and there is again, an additional new compliance requirement to have a flame retardant device (they have pushed until next year) in the container and a tested and certified child resistant cap that is also senior compliant.   This testing and compliance is a costly change to the manufacturing, selling, and shipping of R/Cfuel and other flamable products .  Having a good solid product and being in compliance with the required changes, has been our mission all along.  After numerous days of thought, looking at the timeline and cost to be compliant, I’ve decided to shut down the Bones Brew Fuel portion of the company once our current inventory is gone.   With that being said, I want to thank the great people at VP Racing, for setting me up as a dealer of the VP Racing R/C Fuels coming to our website SOON. and forming a partnership with them going forward.  In the next week you can check the website www.bonesmotorsports.com for blends and pricing on VP Racing R/C Fuels or call, text, or e-mail for more info on the VP fuel and how it compares.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  049flyer Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:02 am

I’ve been making my own fuel for years but I understand why the price of fuel has increased so dramatically lately. Years ago I owned a hobby shop and purchased about 60 gallons of fuel several times per year. When you purchase 60 gallons the manufacturer pays the shipping and it is normally shipped by a major trucking company like Yellow Freight, Central or similar. Not by Fedex or UPS. These days hobby shops, if you can find one, buy fuel in much smaller quantities from general hobby distributors like Horizon who then ship by Fedex or UPS and thereby incurring the Hazmat fee of $10.00 per gallon PLUS the cost of shipping to the hobby shop. What was a $20 gallon of fuel now cost $35.
049flyer
049flyer
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:38 pm

I live in the capital of a small country so shipping cost is no issue: I drive to buy methanol and castor at a chemicals wholesaler in the other part of town..if I am lucky I also find nitro in the 3 or 4 hobbyshops that stayed alive. Then mix my stuff in the % blend I want...always 20% castor, then 20% nitro for my 049 and higher up sizes, and 30% nitro for my smallest giants, the 010-s and 020-s....luckily all these COX engines run on very small consumption, so one blend typically lasts for a year or 2, when my new quest for ingredients comes around.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down