Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

finally fly again  Cox_ba12

finally fly again  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 10:11 am

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

finally fly again  Empty
Live on Patrol

finally fly again

Go down

Happy finally fly again

Post  Yabby Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:57 am

new house moved into, winter, working as a lead on a new defence program - no flying. Neutral

sorted out 3 planes today and ran the cox 049 engines on them. all seems ok. brand new spare batteries etc. weather looks great for the morning. hopefully they start and hand launch ok. Im out of the groove and have really missed flying.

got my .15 OS LA in a corro plane as a backup. It starts and runs super easy and reliable but its like flying a truck compared to a small half A jigger. I prefer flying half A as they feel more responsive and light on the lines.

I will be very happy if i can get some half A flights in again. finally the start of the flying season. 🤗
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: finally fly again

Post  getback Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:31 am

Well alright then , had wondered what had happened to ya . Good that you got to run some engines , waiting on it to cool off some here 94F to much for this old fart Old Bugger But i am getting some things in order little at a time > Good to hear from you Yabby Very Happy Small Cox Logo Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:17 am

Ah yes, the old reversed seasons trick.  I'm enjoying coming out of winter.  Had some beautiful (almost) spring days after some chilly mornings.  Is this going to be the year that I have another shot at flying?  Hope so, but I can only fly over rough grass, so to land anything precious is not going to be pretty.  I'll have to go and re-measure my little paddock.  A couple of overhanging trees may be a problem. Crazy Eyes
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:20 am

Yea, Yabby's back. You should love that OS .15 wonderful little engine.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  HalfaDave Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:44 pm

Hi Yabby,
Great to hear from you.
My Fall, is your Spring...
I like how,
Cox Engines run...
Worldwide... Cool
Take care,
Have fun,
Dave
HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:43 am

Thanks Eric, Bob, Rod and Dave. cheers  It turned out to be a great day of flying for myself and my son. We got out to the club flying field at about 8:30 am this morning and got about a dozen flights in before we packed up and the main crowd starting turning up. We hung around though and helped people launch. The three engines we used ran great and nearly every start was first prime first flick with the spring. sunny I ran two 049 engines which are basic surestart/product crankcases with Killer Bee cranks, TD cyclinder and TD head and a mylar reed with the grey horseshoe backing and external tank. I run them on 25% nitro, 20%castor and 55% methanol. We tachd them between 18 and 19k on the ground and they both unloaded beutifully when launched. I ran the 049 TD on the same fuel and it started and ran awesome today. I love it when my engines run really well as then its just down to me and my ability to fly the plane(s). The engines running so well certainly kept the usual derogatory Half A comments at bay at least cheers I think this season is going to be a very good season, it has certainly started off the right way.

My OS .15 didnt even get started today. But  agree with you Bob that they are a great little engine. They are very compact, light and very easy to start. even with a muffler and using a 7 x 4, I think its 4 not 5, but its definately 7, the engine revs at 18K using the same fuel as I use for my Half A Jiggers. And they are really cheap for what they offer.

I hope you get you paddock and trees sorted out Rod, so as that you can make this the year that you fly. Long grass cushions the landings, be that unpowered or powered landings  lol!

Yep, little bit at a time Eric, gets you there eventually. Very Happy and 94 F  takes some of the fun out of it. Wont be long and Ill be having days well over 100F, but I would rather that than cold and wet. Very Happy

Your right Dave. The Cox engines do run really well and world wide. I reckon most people who fly control line either started with Cox engines or have used one at some time. when I was young, they were everywhere. Laughing

Maybe Ill fly my Coro (truck - thats what it feels like to fly  lol! ) next weekend.  Airplane  cheers
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:30 am

Man ,that sounds Great a Fun time right off with good engine runs and fling fun ! Good to hear your son is there with you to fly and enjoy you and your hobby , always makes for more excitement Small Cox Logo What this truck (Coro) Look like ? I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:02 am

Hey Eric @getback , here is my coro - Coreflute plane I mentioned above.

finally fly again  Coro_p10

It flies OK. Needs a lot of trimming.  Its 5mm coreflute. The engine bearers are 1.2mm aluminium and the tail crutch is 12x12mm pine. Its got an OS .15 LA on it. The design is very cheap, strong and easy to build. I think the design for this specific plane came from the Brisbane Control Line Club in australia. Its intended as a trainer and I think it probably is a very good trainer as it is very easy to fly round and round, takeoff, land etc. Its very stable when you fly round and round and doesnt do anything quickly. It feels quite heavy when its flying and thats why I think it feels like a big heavy truck with a big slow turning circle. but that said some of the fellas at the club that are really good pilots have made one of these fly inside loops, outside loops, inverted, and horizontal eights. Airplane   It pprobably also feels heavy to me as all of my other planes are small, light, half A planes on 42 foot lines with very little line tension and they feel like they just fly where you point your hand as there is so little tension on the lines.  But its a fun plane to fly. Apart from my very first plane a Cox PT19 when I was young, this is the only plane I have flown with wheels. so its been a bit of fun taking off and landing with wheels. cheers sunny
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:02 am

Cool , can see where it would need some changes in material to make it a sport plane / but nu-the less good for training as you say . Am sure it has a truck feel to it LOL Yea take off and landings touch and goes are alot of fun if you have the circle for it Flying Thumbs Up The LA .15 makes it look fast at first when I looked at it then noticed the hi wing , plenty of lift witch I am sure it needs , Cheap easy build , FUN !! cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:03 am

Hi Yabby!…. Glad to see you get ready for some flying….Great times for you and your son!!!…. Starting to cool off just a little here for a couple of early morning outings lately…Very pleasant and enjoyable….. Look forward to your reports!

Robert
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content