Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Shopping in the beauty products isle Cox_ba12

Shopping in the beauty products isle Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:37 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Shopping in the beauty products isle Empty
Live on Patrol

Shopping in the beauty products isle

Go down

Shopping in the beauty products isle Empty Shopping in the beauty products isle

Post  rsv1cox Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:29 pm

Years ago, I commandeered one of my wife's facial brushes and found it perfect for touching up problem spots on models etc.. It works well for all types of paints. Latest is my Spad fix-up project. Spray a little aerosol paint into a cup as touch-up and apply, same for thinned Testor's and other enamels. They do a great job of laying paint without brush lines. Very fine camels hair brushes soft and very flexible.

After 20 years or so it's showing its age, so today I looked for another. Found this assortment reasonably priced at Walmart for $7.97, a bargain if you have checked the prices of artists brushes lately. I think all useful but the chiseled example particularly. I also looked for nail filing emory boards. They use to be cheap, seems they have gone upscale. They are excellent for sanding in small places.

Also shopped in the adhesives and paints isle.

Shopping in the beauty products isle P1017105
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Shopping in the beauty products isle Empty Re: Shopping in the beauty products isle

Post  akjgardner Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:05 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Years ago, I commandeered one of my wife's facial brushes and found it perfect for touching up problem spots on models etc.. It works well for all types of paints.  Latest is my Spad fix-up project. Spray a little aerosol paint into a cup as touch-up and apply, same for thinned Testor's and other enamels.  They do a great job of laying paint without brush lines.  Very fine camels hair brushes soft and very flexible.  

After 20 years or so it's showing its age, so today I looked for another. Found this assortment reasonably priced at Walmart for $7.97, a bargain if you have checked the prices of artists brushes lately.    I think all useful but the chiseled example particularly.  I also looked for nail filing emory boards.  They use to be cheap, seems they have gone upscale.  They are excellent for sanding in small places.  

Also shopped in the adhesives and paints isle.

Shopping in the beauty products isle P1017105
WOW , I was just looking for one of them nail files not 10 minutes ago….
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Shopping in the beauty products isle Empty Re: Shopping in the beauty products isle

Post  sosam117 Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:23 pm

When go to my barber shop (hair solon), right there at the counter where the woman that makes the appointments (for the next haircut), they have a coffee cup full of the nail files and I grab a couple each time I'm there.
And when I'm walking back to my car after getting my haircut, I stop off into my Insurance Agent and pick up a couple there sometimes as well.

Shopping in the beauty products isle Img_0250

The ones with no writing on them are from the barber shop.  ---- cheaper
One side is course, and the other side is finer.

The Barber shop does have nail files that are also embedded with fine/coarse diamonds (the boards are made of metal) and the seem to more like "metal" files and seems to last longer than the regular nail files.
I did purchase two of those and have been using use for about 5 years.

I have used the nail files for years on model airplanes, also for those old cars that had contact points (under the distributer cap) and, when my wiper blades on the car streak and squeaks and bounces on the windshield, I use the nail file on the rubber wipers edge to sand off the dried up rubber (try it!) and you'll get a little more life out of the wiper.
Just remember to also wipe the rubber down (rubbing alcohol) after the light sanding job.
Also good to run the nail file over the blades when you just pulled the blades off a frozen windshield as it will slightly repair the torn rubber.
Learned that from a car mechanic friend of mine.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:12 am

Good one Mike, free is always better. I will have to check my local State Farm Agent. Unusual that they would have nail files to offer as freebees. Maybe they use them to sharpen their pencils when bill time comes around.

One set I bought has a foam cushion core. I'm not sure how effective that will be.

Shopping in the beauty products isle P1017106
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:01 pm

I'll be picking up more nail files at the insurance agents office as I have my house insurance to pay.
And not to forget the barber/beauty salon on the way?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:51 am

I bought some of the nail files some time back and use them for cleaning between the fins on glow plugs while on the drill .>> I need to find them Now !
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down