Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961 Cox_ba12

Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 7:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:03 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Today at 1:26 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:14 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 2:31 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 10:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:20 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 am

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961 Empty
Live on Patrol

Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961

Go down

Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961 Empty Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961

Post  balogh Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:54 am

Just for those who have not seen it yet....amazing, I watched it with yearning eyes from a continent away, and many decades after the heydays of COX...how I wish I had been born in sunny California instead of behind the Iron Curtain!!! The sorrowful thing is my parents contemplated their emigration from Hungary in the October 1956 revolution against the communist regime, a heroic struggle that was finally  oppressed by Russia, (and that saw hundreds of thousands of Hungarian war refugees settling and starting a new life  around the world including the USA) , but finally changed their mind, because of their love and affection for relatives they did not want to leave behind in Hungary, and then having me born in 1958 in Budapest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnCmcEmaHUw&lc=Ugy9AUZiChZv5u7plg54AaABAg.A1Bvga28SAdA1C623o6qFv
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961 Empty Re: Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961

Post  Yabby Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 am

thanks Andras cheers Thumbs Up great personel story of yours and good reminder of how fortunate many of us born in other countries to yours are.

Great video. cheesy, but I really enjoyed it. Beer Cheers
wish my PT 19 had been as indestructable as Wallys plane. lol! This Site Rocks!

thanks Andras. cheers

Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961 Empty Re: Wally's Wings - a COX promotional film from 1961

Post  rsv1cox Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:22 pm

X2 on Yabby's comments. Like your parents, you can't choose the country that you are born in. Too many of my country's citizens do not appreciate the great gift that being born in the USA offers. "From sea to shining sea!"

Loved the video Andras, and thank's for sharing. Somehow MECOA has obtained the rights and shares it with the public. Lot's of highlights, especially the kid flying three airplanes, one in each hand and one in his teeth. Also the 59' or 60' Corvette driven by Wally's Dad. I took one down to nuts and bolts over a six year period.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:17 pm

Thanks Yabby and Bob! Maybe in my second life unless I will be reborn as an exotic plant,  but just as another Wally in LA, I will revive myself the joy of the early 60-s kids in the US who could afford flying those planes.

Funny, how they re-dubbed in the film the sound of COX engines into a low frequency murmur...the real sound of a COX was probably counter-productive in a promo film wanting to find new customers, who knew not too much about what a COX engine is capable of (mechanically, and acoustically too  Smile ) until they started their new COX in a friendly and consolidated neighborhood  Damn!

And the castor stains left on the tarmac of that airfield with real-size airplanes in the background hangars...would OSHA of today tolerate castor on the runway??? (I remember my one and only Super Sport Trainer left similar marks on the asphalt of our high school basketball field, and the culprit was at large, never to be found ( i never admitted I was the one using the basketball field as a thimble drome)

And yes, Bob, that 60'-s Corvette is just mouth-watering...I saw that recently in a Johnny Depp film Rum Diaries...simply ever-lastingly beautiful design, a gal'-catcher if you know what I mean!! lol!

The whole film radiates the welfare and joy of the 60-s in the USA...my goodness gracious...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:37 pm

Neat video Andras, It was a neat time to be a kid in 60’s and 70’s in the US…..Kind of surreal to me to circle back around to the engines we knew then……Seems a lot more meaningful now…
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:09 pm

Cool little film I was surprised to see a guy fly two planes at the same time but even more so when he does it with three Damn!  It's strange how things change at the time we see lots of young people Participate today, young people hardly go out anymore I wish I had my wings like those wally recived And Wally's dad's car is magnificent, a friend of my father's had one like new back in 1986 I remember we filled the gas under the sign To see this car I imagine that the father was rich Shocked Huh... We then see the target audience at that time of course very different from today But despite better accessibility for less wealthy people. we only see a few young people joining While at that time seemed to be made up of mostly younger people
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down