Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Cox_ba12

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 11:24 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:20 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 5:02 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Today at 12:51 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 12:41 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 8:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 4:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 2:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 9:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Empty
Live on Patrol

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve

Go down

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Empty K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve

Post  rueschda@gmail.com Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:25 am

Can anyone show me a photo of the needle valve parts (all parts). I have one that is definitely missing stuff and want to see what I'm I'll need to find or make. Thanks, Dan
rueschda@gmail.com
rueschda@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Empty Re: K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve

Post  Ken Cook Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:56 am

K&B made two styles of needles for this engine. The one version was what looks similar today known as the K&B universal and they made a racing style. The universal uses a spraybar, a needle, a ratchet clip and the nut to retain it. The racing style doesn't use a spraybar. It used two separate pieces. The needle itself passed through the venturi and not a spraybar which opens up the cross section of the venturi allowing for more air. I do have a .19 and I just equipped it with a original new in the package needle and spraybar. I will post pictures when I get a chance today.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Empty Re: K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve

Post  Ken Cook Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:08 am

In addition, a important factor to this engine is the aluminum insert which goes into the venturi. This also takes up choke area and is critical to proper fuel draw on suction. These were typically removed by many and are no longer present in the engines. One thing to note about the spraybar assembly is that nut which retains the bar is on the ratchet side and not on the entrance side.

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Dscn3174

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Dscn3175 My example no longer has the green head, the cylinder and head itself were turned down to fit inside a speed plane. I blued the head and left the cylinder head mill finish. I should paint the head as I found a very close match and recently re painted a Torp.35. So far the paint is holding up nicely.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve Empty Re:K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve

Post  Eddy Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:20 pm

Ken, Wanted to comment to you on this thread. You brought up some important things, I appreciate your knowledge here much. I was shortly gifted an almost brand new Green Head .35. it was minus the carb insert. Fortunately, I have a parts engine that gave up the correct carb insert. The .35 did come with a brand new in package needle valve assembly. I only bring this up as the package states it fit's .19 & 45 engines with the original price of only $ .50. The .09 to .15 must have used a similar same needle valve assembly for those engines I guess? Not to hi-jack this thread, Last year we talked about the K&B series 75 .35 engine which I had been having issues with the engine speeding up after launch. You suggested a uniflow fuel tank, and you were right with that suggestion. Just wanted to get back with that information to you, A big thank you my friend.
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:03 pm

Eddy, I do have the .09 Torpedo and the .15 as well. The .09 has the stock needle valve but the .15 I have is using a old Austin Craft. I like the Austin Craft as it was a high quality inexpensive replacement. My .15 runs quite strong. I also have two of the .15 rear rotor versions. I think they're the most beautiful engines ever made.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:06 am

Ken, I remember those Austin Craft needles, used to be advertised in America's Hobby Center and other shop catalogs and nearly every hobby shop engine section. Now that I think of it, they used to advertise occasionally in the modeling magazines.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ffkiwi Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:00 pm

While we're discussing Greenhead 19s...Has anyone got a spare prop driver for the Greenhead .19? I have one here that is minus the whole front end...the nut and washer I can make  if needs be-but the prop driver has a D-shaped hole-to engage with the equivalent male D-shape on the shaft. [And you need a broach to make those accurately] Have searched fruitlessly on Ebay for a GH19 one (as well as trying other brands such as OS for size...with no luck).

ChrisM
ffkiwi
ffkiwi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down