Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Jr Ringmaster plans Cox_ba12

Jr Ringmaster plans Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 6:10 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 5:42 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by MauricioB Today at 4:50 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Jr Ringmaster plans Empty
Live on Patrol

Jr Ringmaster plans

Go down

Jr Ringmaster plans Empty Jr Ringmaster plans

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Anybody have a PDF copy?

I have a Fox .15 and some .09's looking for a good home.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Jr Ringmaster plans Empty Re: Jr Ringmaster plans

Post  Ken Cook Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Ron, you may want to check with the guys at the Brother Hood Of The Ring website. The Ringmaster Jr like all of Sterling's planes never came with plans. Pat King does laser cutting for the Brotherhood and also lists his services on Stunt Hangar. He certainly would be able to provide you with Ringmaster's from .010 to .60 size. My son learned to fly the stunt pattern on a JR Ring. I was rebuilding this plane daily. I do have outlines of the parts as all the ribs are different. The Ring builds extremely noseheavy. I lengthened my fuse by 2". After it crashes, the fuse breaks directly behind the trailing edge. When I rebuilt the fuse, I added a strip of 3/4oz glass cloth top and bottom of the trailing edge where it joins and also around the fuse at the trailing edge.

The Jr Flite Streak and also the Brodak Jr Lightning Streak both being almost identical fly far superior to the Ring. The wing is a constant chord wing as well so no need to cut individual ribs. Fast flying and extremely maneuverable. These are very good flyers. Your Fox .15 however would also make a great powerplant in a Sig Akromaster as this plane was designed around that engine. They make great stunters. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Ken Cook wrote: Ron, you may want to check with the guys at the Brother Hood Of The Ring website. The Ringmaster Jr like all of Sterling's planes never came with plans. Pat King does laser cutting for the Brotherhood and also lists his services on Stunt Hangar. He certainly would be able to provide you with Ringmaster's from .010 to .60 size. My son learned to fly the stunt pattern on a JR Ring. I was rebuilding this plane daily. I do have outlines of the parts as all the ribs are different. The Ring builds extremely noseheavy. I lengthened my fuse by 2". After it crashes, the fuse breaks directly behind the trailing edge. When I rebuilt the fuse, I added a strip of 3/4oz glass cloth top and bottom of the trailing edge where it joins and also around the fuse at the trailing edge.

The Jr Flite Streak and also the Brodak Jr Lightning Streak both being almost identical fly far superior to the Ring. The wing is a constant chord wing as well so no need to cut individual ribs. Fast flying and extremely maneuverable. These are very good flyers. Your Fox .15 however would also make a great powerplant in a Sig Akromaster as this plane was designed around that engine. They make great stunters. Ken

Wow Ken great bit of info and help. Yes my Ring is nose heavy to say the least. Headed to the Brotherhood of the Ring now! .010 sized you say? Too cool.

Thanks!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Ron, just for the record I'm not trying to persuade you from building the JR Ring. I was merely suggesting that some others do a bit better. I should've mentioned the most important part of any Ringmaster. The ply doublers should be made to extend back to the high point of the wing. Sterling had a way of really keeping the length of the ply doublers quite short, this in turn causes a stress riser and the nose breaks right at the end of the plywood. Making these longer gives the fuse a fighting chance not to mention stiffens up the nose. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Ken Cook wrote: Ron, just for the record I'm not trying to persuade you from building the JR Ring. I was merely suggesting that some others do a bit better. I should've mentioned the most important part of any Ringmaster. The ply doublers should be made to extend back to the high point of the wing. Sterling had a way of really keeping the length of the ply doublers quite short, this in turn causes a stress riser and the nose breaks right at the end of the plywood. Making these longer gives the fuse a fighting chance not to mention stiffens up the nose. Ken

Ken,

No worries I wasn't turned off from building one. Sterling must have an entirely different kit as the plans I built off of had no doublers to speak of. The entire fuse is 1/4" Balsa.

These plans were based on Matt Kania's original version I believe.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 am

The 1/2 A versions didn't use doublers, I add them to all my 1/2 A models nowadays. I use 1/64th ply. For models with a ply firewall it really gives the fuse good support so it doesn't break in front of the leading edge. The Sterling Baby Ring used a one piece molded nylon and the fuse would snap right where the nylon stopped. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:51 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Anybody have a PDF copy?
I have a Fox .15 and some .09's looking for a good home.

Ron

Ron, the last Ringmaster Jr. that I built was not like the original. It had a sheeted wing. The wing was built in two parts, then joined. I built mine as one piece and included the space between them to increase wing size. Apparently they were intending the updated version for racing because they had installed a BB Fox .25 in it. Mine has an Enya .09.
I would suggest finding a plan (drawn by someone later) of the original. As mentioned Sterling (and Estes) used assembly plans, not building plans.
Here's an old pic of mine:

Jr Ringmaster plans Ringma10

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Looks sharp! How does it fly?

I jumped onto the Brotherhood of the ring forum and I am about to receive a slew of plans.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Ron, I know this a bit of topic, I just meant to mention this above . My all time favorite flying 1/2 A bird. I've yet to find a plane aside from the Baby Flitestreak that matches its performance. The Dumas Baby Tomahawk. I saw this on RCG. This didn't come with full size plans either. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764411&page=2 Mine has been with me for 35 years. Its had all different kind of engines. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Ken Cook wrote: Ron, I know this a bit of topic, I just meant to mention this above . My all time favorite flying 1/2 A bird. I've yet to find a plane aside from the Baby Flitestreak that matches its performance. The Dumas Baby Tomahawk. I saw this on RCG. This didn't come with full size plans either. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764411&page=2 Mine has been with me for 35 years. Its had all different kind of engines. Ken

Looks good Ken. Perhaps a perfect Hotel build. Kim Stricker sent me a very nice set of Scout Plans. Might make a perfect pair!

Thanks for the link. Boy I had better get busy!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Jr Ringmaster plans Empty re : ringmaster JR plan

Post  happydad Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 am

cribbs74 wrote:
Ken Cook wrote: Ron, I know this a bit of topic, I just meant to mention this above . My all time favorite flying 1/2 A bird. I've yet to find a plane aside from the Baby Flitestreak that matches its performance. The Dumas Baby Tomahawk. I saw this on RCG. This didn't come with full size plans either. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764411&page=2 Mine has been with me for 35 years. Its had all different kind of engines. Ken

Looks good Ken. Perhaps a perfect Hotel build. Kim Stricker sent me a very nice set of Scout Plans. Might make a perfect pair!

Thanks for the link. Boy I had better get busy!

Ron

Ron: i found another plan condensed in a pdf file. but i can't host it. did you get what you were looking for? the Jr plan was done by Lock, Stock and Barrel.
happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio RC Plane

happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down