Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Good day for me! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Good day for me! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox water wizard
by Mark Boesen Today at 9:10 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:35 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Good day for me! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Good day for me!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Good day for me! - Page 2 Empty Re: Good day for me!

Post  nitroairplane Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:51 am

cribbs74 wrote:That's quite funny, I have a park zone playmate. I guess it's time. I will get it high and hope for the best. Thanks

Cool hope to see a report of how it goes.
Btw I think you meant fly zone playmate.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:43 am

microflitedude wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:If I were you I'd get him a
Little parkzone cub or something small and rather inexpensive and let him try and get it up himself.
Or maybe just a little silverlit to have fun with like the x twin classic trainer.

I recommend the HobbyZone Champ. Smile

This model is quite possibly the most popular and easy to fly trainer around. My brother had never flown before, he tried to fly one and did ok until he got far off and handed me back the TX. A few months later he tried again, and never had another problem. I even think it's fun.

I just bought the HZ Champ and let me tell ya,, it is a kick. Another fella had the Micro Albatross WWI fighter and that thing flys really well also. everything is in the box, nothing else needed in the immediate,,other than maybe a extra battery or two Very Happy
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/ultra_micro/HCAA2551.html
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:29 am

nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:That's quite funny, I have a park zone playmate. I guess it's time. I will get it high and hope for the best. Thanks

Cool hope to see a report of how it goes.
Btw I think you meant fly zone playmate.

Yep, your right! Fly Zone, it didn't look right after I wrote it. I will let you know how it goes.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:37 am

[quote="PV Pilot"]
microflitedude wrote:
Little parkzone cub or something small and rather inexpensive and let him try and get it up himself.
Or maybe just a little silverlit to have fun with like the x twin classic trainer.

Laughing
This model is quite possibly the most popular and easy to fly trainer around. My brother had never flown before, he tried to fly one and did ok until he got far off and handed me back the TX. A few months later he tried again, and never had another problem. I even think it's fun.

I just bought the HZ Champ and let me tell ya,, it is a kick. Another fella had the Micro Albatross WWI fighter and that thing flys really well also. everything is in the box, nothing else needed in the immediate,,other than maybe a extra battery or two Very Happy
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/ultra_micro/HCAA2551.html[/quote

I do like that one, to be honest though I am just not keen on the electric power, but I wonder if I could squeeze a .010 in one? I think it may be a bit nose heavy but it might still fly ok. Thing is the running time would be nowhere near 10-15 mins unless I added an auxillary tank, but again more weight. Perhaps I could find one used like my playmate and that way it wouldn't be a big deal to butcher it.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:50 am

[quote="cribbs74"]
PV Pilot wrote:
microflitedude wrote:

Laughing

I do like that one, to be honest though I am just not keen on the electric power, but I wonder if I could squeeze a .010 in one? I think it may be a bit nose heavy but it might still fly ok. Thing is the running time would be nowhere near 10-15 mins unless I added an auxillary tank, but again more weight. Perhaps I could find one used like my playmate and that way it wouldn't be a big deal to butcher it.

I think it would be more power than it could handle. But I've never owned an .010. You would also need to fuel proof it somehow.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  dankar04 Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:29 pm

cribbs74 wrote:I mean't to say my son not my sin...... He was a blessing for sure!

I know it was a typo but kind of funny.
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:41 pm

microflitedude wrote:[I do like that one, to be honest though I am just not keen on the electric power, but I wonder if I could squeeze a .010 in one? I think it may be a bit nose heavy but it might still fly ok. Thing is the running time would be nowhere near 10-15 mins unless I added an auxillary tank, but again more weight. Perhaps I could find one used like my playmate and that way it wouldn't be a big deal to butcher it.

I think it would be more power than it could handle. But I've never owned an .010. You would also need to fuel proof it somehow.

I dont think that would work out to well. I'ts some pretty delicate foam on that Champ. I think it would be massively nose heavy, and adding weight to balance it, fuel proofing, ect, would kill all forward progress with trying to do that.

Not trying to be a Donny Doomsayer,,just saying.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:47 pm

[quote="microflitedude"]
cribbs74 wrote:
PV Pilot wrote:
microflitedude wrote:

Laughing

I am sure with fuel proofing and the right balance it can be done.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Stop putting ideas in my head!!!! I already gave this up. Very Happy I may purchase another .010 though......... Laughing
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2