Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE" Cox_ba12

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 12:55 pm

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE" Empty
Live on Patrol

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE"

Go down

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE" Empty Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE"

Post  Kim Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:40 am

Stumbled across this video, converted from film footage shot by an unknown Airman.  Check out the Control Line footage at 2:29.

That B-29 is not your run-of-the-mill model airplane, so I'm gonna see if I can find it in one of my old mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V2xvP1qgQs
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE" Empty Re: Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE"

Post  Marleysky Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:03 am

That's cool, I like the ground crew!  Looks like one engine bit the dust, literally, on the first take off attempt.  Did you try and look up the tail number of the B29 for any history? Could it be a scratch built by the locals?

Last edited by Marleysky on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE" Empty Re: Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE"

Post  Ken Cook Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Kim, that in my opinion would have to be a Japanese Eureka kit. It appears to have some sparkers in the cowlings. I suppose it could also be a Kyosho kit. They were very large, they also made a B-36. I caught a glimpse of a Dynajet behind it. I do recall a American Modeller showing a B-29 flying. I will check my mags as well. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Facinating footage Kim. Thanks for posting that.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks, I enjoyed that
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Kim,

Excellent video of early post war antics. Funny though as I have have flown through Yokota and it looks much different.

The B-29 was tail heavy. Glad they got those sparkies going though.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:30 am

Some of those planes look so underpowered. Who decided that anti-clockwise was the way to go? Looks like a pretty even mix of both directions in those days.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  daddyo Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 am

That's such a cool video, how did they start four engines in that huge B-29 back then??  Must have taken an hour to get them all going...

As I was watching that video, a couple beach scenes looked familiar, a couple years ago I went back to Guam and happen to take an exact photo of at least the scene at 7:50 in the video, on Anderson Air Force Base (13°37'36.16" N 144°53'40.57" E):

Old Film Footage on You Tube: "OCCUPIED JAPAN HOME MOVIES YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE" Imag0010

You can check it out on Google Earth, a look behind is the double-peaked mountain range in the video.

I followed the company that uploaded that film and they sell B-17 pilot manuals, wouldn't that be interesting to read http://periscopefilm.com/b-17-bomber-manual/
daddyo
daddyo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down