Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Tach Race Entry Check-In - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Tach Race Entry Check-In - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by MauricioB Today at 1:50 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 1:42 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:20 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:00 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Yesterday at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Tach Race Entry Check-In - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Tach Race Entry Check-In

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tach Race Entry Check-In - Page 3 Empty Re: Tach Race Entry Check-In

Post  Admin Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:04 am

Paulgibeault wrote:[img][/img] I hope this photo comes out OK... These are my entries.

Merry Christmas, Paul G.

Apparently I don't know how to attach a photo, sorry guys.

http://coxengineforum.forumakers.com/t367-how-to-post-an-image-in-a-topic
Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:19 am

Paulgibeault wrote:[img][/img] I hope this photo comes out OK... These are my entries.

Merry Christmas, Paul G.

Apparently I don't know how to attach a photo, sorry guys.

Hey Paul!

Photos or nor, Thank You for your entry!

Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:38 am

Kim,

Just to clarify. You received two packages, correct? Total of 3 engines, a couple dozen props and plenty of spare parts?

The Killer Bee II is not an entry and is meant as prize. The other 2 engines are entries from Xena and myself and you can dispose of them as you see fit, together will all the parts.

Also, as emailed to you, our entries are for entertainment purposes only. Although I do not belive they run fast enough but, in the unlikely event that they do place, we want them disqualified due to conflict of interest (we are sponsors).

Merry Christmas!
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:44 am

Good Morning Bernie!

Yes, I got your engines AND the package of supplies ! Understand the designation of the engines, and that you are in it for the Sport and FUN !

Thank you again...and I DO appreciate the check-in !

Later ! Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudhen Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:15 am

Last edited by Mudhen on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mudhen
Mudhen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 am

Mudhen wrote:Paul Gibeault is in on this gig? Do we have an emoticon that shows a mudhen fainting?
Kim,
Based on the number of entries, how much time do you think you'll have to run each engine?
How do you intend to start those engines not equipped with a spring starter?
Hand flip, electric starter, MA1A APU?
The reason I ask is because, although I can start my engine - hand flip/no spring starter - my technique for starting differs from yours. (I watched your videos.) Consequently, it would be useful for me to know. I designed a removable restrictor to aid the start, but I'm trying to keep it simple. Anyway, if all goes well this monday then you should have the engine by friday the 30th.
Finally, I think it's pretty cool of you to take time out to do this. Hopefully, it will be fun!
Lates...
Mud

Yes.....Mr. Boesen has handed me a job that includes some Rare Company ! The Status of the Skunk Works will rise like a Bright Star...or crash and burn...sending me into exile !!!!

My Plan is to go after the Unlimiteds first...starting at about 11:00am to try and give an even spread to temperatures, and get the "Hard Stuff" at the beginning.

My first attempt at starting the engines will be gloved finger flip or a hose-type chicken stick. I'd forgotten to ask entrants for their preferences on starting...knowing some feeling toward electric starters. I use a 1/2A Sullivan Starter on mine. There's still plenty of time for folks to check in with their requests, and I promise to adhere to their directions.

Any tips you can provide on your technique will be appreciated, and I promise to do my best to emulate them. I do appreciate the thought of keeping it simple, because I am REALLY stepping out into Space with this little endeavor.

Thank you for your kind comment on the Race. I've ALWAYS loved this stuff, but only started getting REAL traction a few years ago with Mark's .049 Collectors Group, and now, along with this Forum. Like a lot of you, in my area, I'm a sort of "Lone Wolf" with my interest in these little powerplants, and the chance to exchange ideas and stories with like-minded enthusiasts is a great treat! Even Lone Wolves like a little company! Even my Uncle Wayne, my childhood mentor and the cause of all of this, shakes his head when I start talking about these things!

It's already starting to be fun...just tempered with my trying to be as absolutely "Fair and Square" as possible !

Later ! Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Hey Mark!

Just got you email saying that you'd sent you engines for the Tach Race!

By strange, cosmic happenstance, as the electrons carrying your message were coursing their way through wire and ether, my friend, Tony the Postman, was walking them up the driveway to my back step! Even more cosmic (or strange), I have a video record of the event which shall be posted later today on my airport's WiFi.

Titled (for reasons that will become obvious upon viewing)...."The Fencing Sailplane"...it is sure to take it's place alongside such Aviation Classics as: "Multi-Winged Pedal Plane", "Mechanical-Winged Woman Jumps off Rock...Then Off Bridge", and the forever-loved, "Rocket-Powered Flying Bicycle".

Suffice to say, that if you need a break from...building models, running engines, or drilling on engines...flying your favorite Long-Winger in high winds, will definitely clear your mind!

Tach Race Entry Check-In - Page 3 Windy_10

Legal disclaimer: "No sailplanes, video cameras, pilots or postmen were harmed in the making of this video".

Fencing Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:12 pm

Kim wrote:
Mudhen wrote:Paul Gibeault is in on this gig? Do we have an emoticon that shows a mudhen fainting?
Kim,
Based on the number of entries, how much time do you think you'll have to run each engine?
How do you intend to start those engines not equipped with a spring starter?
Hand flip, electric starter, MA1A APU?
The reason I ask is because, although I can start my engine - hand flip/no spring starter - my technique for starting differs from yours. (I watched your videos.) Consequently, it would be useful for me to know. I designed a removable restrictor to aid the start, but I'm trying to keep it simple. Anyway, if all goes well this monday then you should have the engine by friday the 30th.
Finally, I think it's pretty cool of you to take time out to do this. Hopefully, it will be fun!
Lates...
Mud

Yes.....Mr. Boesen has handed me a job that includes some Rare Company ! The Status of the Skunk Works will rise like a Bright Star...or crash and burn...sending me into exile !!!!

My Plan is to go after the Unlimiteds first...starting at about 11:00am to try and give an even spread to temperatures, and get the "Hard Stuff" at the beginning.

My first attempt at starting the engines will be gloved finger flip or a hose-type chicken stick. I'd forgotten to ask entrants for their preferences on starting...knowing some feeling toward electric starters. I use a 1/2A Sullivan Starter on mine. There's still plenty of time for folks to check in with their requests, and I promise to adhere to their directions.

Any tips you can provide on your technique will be appreciated, and I promise to do my best to emulate them. I do appreciate the thought of keeping it simple, because I am REALLY stepping out into Space with this little endeavor.

Thank you for your kind comment on the Race. I've ALWAYS loved this stuff, but only started getting REAL traction a few years ago with Mark's .049 Collectors Group, and now, along with this Forum. Like a lot of you, in my area, I'm a sort of "Lone Wolf" with my interest in these little powerplants, and the chance to exchange ideas and stories with like-minded enthusiasts is a great treat! Even Lone Wolves like a little company! Even my Uncle Wayne, my childhood mentor and the cause of all of this, shakes his head when I start talking about these things!

It's already starting to be fun...just tempered with my trying to be as absolutely "Fair and Square" as possible !

Later ! Kim

Hey Kim.
The super new has a spring starter on it.
I do t mind how they are swatted as long a they don't get damaged and I am sure they will not. Treat mine how you treat yours and they will be good.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:54 pm

... so if you look close you can see my engines?

oh, and i think theres a FW-190 comming at you.

Tach Race Entry Check-In - Page 3 Windy_10
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudhen Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:13 pm

Last edited by Mudhen on Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Mudhen
Mudhen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:19 am

[quote="Mark Boesen"]... so if you look close you can see my engines?

oh, and i think theres a FW-190 comming at you.

Actually, your engine box is sitting at the step below my door...just blocked by the corner edge of the old shed's roof!
For some reason, Tony wanted get his delivery out of the way and stand ready to run as the B.O.T. turned onto it's final approach!

Poor guy...made the mistake of asking me if I could still control the sailplane when the engine stopped!
"THE ENGINE DOESN'T STEER THE AIRPLANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF IT COULD, I'D HAVE ANOTHER EXCUSE FOR THE WAY I FLY !!!!!"

Beautiful, scarey engines by the way !

AND...I'll take on the FW-190..as long as I don't have to deal with that Cursed Spitfire !!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 am

Mudhen wrote:Well...as they say...my engine is "off to the races."
For all intents and purposes, it's a prototype. I fiddled, marred, shaved, cut, or otherwise disrespected every single part, (literally.) If it blows up, comes apart, scatters, shells, or poops, I don't care. Just have fun and please be careful.
Mud

Thanks Mud !

I will be careful, both with myself, and your engine! My crew and I shall don eye and ear protection for all of the runs!

I found a note from DHL on my door Friday, so they tried to deliver someone's engine. Gonna get it Monday!

Later! Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:07 am

Kim, my engine will go out Monday. I know I am really pushing the deadline, but I was having trouble with it. (bent crankshaft!)

Sorry for any inconvenience.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:19 am

microflitedude wrote:Kim, my engine will go out Monday. I know I am really pushing the deadline, but I was having trouble with it. (bent crankshaft!)

The more I think about it, it must have been a crooked screw hole because the drive plate does not seem to wobble. I wish we had just put a standard Bee crank in it yesterday. If you have the time and inclination today, you could try it.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:13 pm

RknRusty wrote:
microflitedude wrote:Kim, my engine will go out Monday. I know I am really pushing the deadline, but I was having trouble with it. (bent crankshaft!)

The more I think about it, it must have been a crooked screw hole because the drive plate does not seem to wobble. I wish we had just put a standard Bee crank in it yesterday. If you have the time and inclination today, you could try it.

Rusty,

When I had just the drive plate and crank installed in the cranckase the driveplate did appear to whobble. After I installed the piston and cylinder the whobble seemed to dissappear. I did not run it though, and I wish I had a proper dial to check if the crank was true and the driveplate was concentric.

I also installed the old driveplate and it too was off kilter even though it was also seated flush. That would indicate a crank issue.

I really hope it gets resolved as I am very curious as to what the fix action is.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:54 pm

cribbs74 wrote:
RknRusty wrote:

Rusty,

When I had just the drive plate and crank installed in the cranckase the driveplate did appear to whobble. After I installed the piston and cylinder the whobble seemed to dissappear. I did not run it though, and I wish I had a proper dial to check if the crank was true and the driveplate was concentric.

I also installed the old driveplate and it too was off kilter even though it was also seated flush. That would indicate a crank issue.

I really hope it gets resolved as I am very curious as to what the fix action is.

I guess I will have to put a Bee crank in it as Rusty suggested. But that KB crank looks so cool... Laughing
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3