Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Today at 11:03 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 10:41 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 10:20 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home

Post  ian1954 Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Mmmmmmm! Huh... What a good idea!

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Bungal17

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Bungal18

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Bungal19
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Great minds think alike Ian. Smile

When I built this loft above the garage in three years ago at the young age of 75 I thought there might be a need for extra storage places.  Then this forum came along. Smile

Hanging 4X8' sections of sheet rock (dry wall) above your head wasn't easy, but with a ladder and a 8' T bar made out of 2X4's I did it.  Today, looking back I have no idea how......

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_014

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_011

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_010

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_012

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_013
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Attic storage. You really can't beat it for non-evasive protection. On the other hand.. out of sight.. out of mind. That's ok.. because you'll always have a model in waiting.. or else you wouldn't have stowed it safely away.

I had an apartment attic that had full access to the ridge-line. It was cold-storage in the winter and hot storage in the summer for 10 years. Open-bays between the rafters.. I strung string through screw-eyes about 2ft. down on both sides. Two 12ft. lengths.. 7 bays ea. in which held small flying models. Stick-models deserve to be stored hanging in a nook where nothing would knock into them. String slings with bungee cords for the airframes.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:23 pm

When we built our house 17 years ago, I placed a heap of particle board flooring in the roof prior to plastering, planning to construct attic storage. Eventually I did manage to construct the floor & proceeded to hoard stuff up there to get it out from under my feet. The trouble being that under a corrugated iron roof in Australia, roof cavity temperatures can be extreme. Also, I have no way to get up there apart from a step ladder to the man-hole. Needless to say, it's been so long since I've been up there I can't remember what's stored there. The roof trusses are intrusive so it's difficult to line & insulate, but that really needs to be done to make the space usable, along with an air conditioner and access ladder. Oh well, seemed like a good idea at the time. Embarassed
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:49 am

I have thought about building shelves for my models, but string is a good idea too.  I will have to look at that.

While Ians, cubbies are nicely finished, mine are cobbled together from left over OSB board, drop ceiling tiles, dry wall, and lumber.  It's a crazy quilt in there.  

I'm most proud of my stairs which replace pull-downs.   Only thing new are the 2X10's, everything else is left over lumber and carpet.

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_015

Also I'm pretty happy with the door made out of solid core bi-folds glued and clamped together.

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_020

A flap on a piano hinge keeps me and the dog from falling through.  Magnets keep it up.

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_019

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_017

It's a steep decent down there, especially when carrying airplanes, etc. Taking a header would really hurt. Sad

Adopted !!Storage Unit Find: Cherokee'ish Low-Winger...Free to a Good Home - Page 2 Loft_021

Thanks Kim for letting me (I hope) step all over your thread..... Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:49 am

Heck, I've been enjoying it. I've arraigned and re-arraigned my storage shed and back room more times than I can remember--trying to get just a tiny bit more space AND have everything somewhat accessible. So, around the globe, we're all still trying to save our stuff.

I've joked that if I were to move into a gymnasium, in a few weeks, there'd be stuff stacked to the rafters.

Love My Toys Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2