Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

wen mac-testors spare parts Cox_ba12

wen mac-testors spare parts Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 9:18 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

wen mac-testors spare parts Empty
Live on Patrol

wen mac-testors spare parts

Go down

Wanted wen mac-testors spare parts

Post  chevyiron420 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 pm

I have two engines I would like very much to repair. I need two crankshafts for the wen mac or testors mccoy 049. They must be the front carb engines. Pipe bomb cranks wont work. If you have anything your willing to let go, please let me know.
Phil
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: wen mac-testors spare parts

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 am

Phil. I'm sure there's someone closer to you who can help out, but the same offer I made Roddie stands. I can spare a crank if you can cover the postage from Australia. My spares are earlier ones without the counterbalanced crank, but they fit and work just fine. I think that's what Roddie installed in his Testors/McCoy.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:11 am

Rod, thank you! It would depend on just how much it would cost for economy shipping to US 31625 code.
Phil
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:24 pm

We'll bump this post back to the top & see if anyone State-side can help you out with a crank. If need be I'll see how cheaply I can get it sent. To make it worth the postage I'll even throw in a brand new piston & rod for you. I have a heap of them, but not so many cranks, (which aren't new).
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm

That's a super great offer from Rod!  But, he's correct in the shipping costs could be expensive.   Try looking for e bay seller PeterParisi11,  he found one for me and shippped quickly.

Re: Details about item: marleysky sent a message about Wenmac .049 crankshaft for early control line engines.
eBay Member: peterparisi11

Try here and click on contact seller on right hand side:
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=peterparisi11&ftab=AllFeedback

Last edited by Marleysky on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Seller contact.)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Phil. If you don't mind Economy Air letter (6 day delivery, no tracking etc) and I can get the package under 20mm thick, the parts are yours for nix. One crankshaft and one piston & rod, checked out of 30 units for the best ball socket fit. I'm happy to throw in another piston if it doesn't exceed the weight limit for a letter, but my crankshaft supply is very limited. I know you are after two, but with the apparent frequency that these things seem to need cranks, I'd like to hang onto the two other spares I have.

So if you're happy with me sending them in an envelope, they're yours. I won't be offended if you find a better deal (two crankshafts) closer to home. Whatever works best for you.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 am

Hey Phil. Parts all packaged up at 38 grams and on their way shortly. Sending for the cost of a letter so no issue with covering cost. My humble gift to you. You ended up with one WenMac/Testors crankshaft (WenMac most likely), two brand new Testors piston/rod assemblies (One has no movement in the socket and the other very little), plus a bonus, a backplate to suit without the threaded tank post as requested. I only found the one in my quick look around, but I'm sure I'll have others stashed somewhere. If I need to resort to using one with a tank post it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Sorry, I was going to include a local souvenir sticker or something "Aussie" but didn't get a chance to go shopping lol!

I look forward to seeing another Testors 049 resurrected.

Cheers.
Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:18 am

Oldenginerod wrote:Hey Phil.  Parts all packaged up at 38 grams and on their way shortly.  Sending for the cost of a letter so no issue with covering cost.  My humble gift to you.  You ended up with one WenMac/Testors crankshaft (WenMac most likely), two brand new Testors piston/rod assemblies (One has no movement in the socket and the other very little), plus a bonus, a backplate to suit without the threaded tank post as requested.  I only found the one in my quick look around, but I'm sure I'll have others stashed somewhere.  If I need to resort to using one with a tank post it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Sorry, I was going to include a local souvenir sticker or something "Aussie" but didn't get a chance to go shopping lol!

I look forward to seeing another Testors 049 resurrected.

Cheers.
Rod.

Thanks Rod, the parts in the envelope are the best souvenirs.
I will take some pictures and post here, and I hope to make a run video. I have a camera but not the smarts to make a video,at least not a edited one.
Phil
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Well, the lady at the post office was determined to stop you getting your package.  I'd attached 3 x $1 stamps as per the website postage calculator, measured and weighed.  All good to go as a "letter".  (Her)"We can't accept it with domestic stamps attached".  Muttered something to do with the exchange rate and the inclusion of tax.  Hang on!  Australia post wanted $3 for an international letter, so that's what they got.  (Her)"You need to remove the 3 stamps and purchase 3 more $1 'international' stamps".  What?  Since when?
"I'll have to ask my supivisor".  Waiting............  "Well we'll let it go this time if you pay an extra 30 cents for an airmail sticker and fill out a customs declaration".  (Me)"What!  It's a letter, right size, right weight, right envelope".  (Her)"Is it just documents?"  (Me)"Doesn't matter.  As long as it fits the size and weight criteria it's just considered a letter."  (Her)"Well pay your 30 cents and fill out the forms & we'll let it go just this once".

Man, I should have just slipped it in the slot outside and be done with it.

And they wonder why no-one sends letters any more!!

Anyway Phil, the short of it is, your parts are on their way.  (Man....I hope they're on their way Mad )
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chevyiron420 Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Rod, I am sorry you had so much trouble with those people, but I am very happy that parts are coming!!!
Phil
chevyiron420
chevyiron420
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:19 pm

chevyiron420 wrote:Rod, I am sorry you had so much trouble with those people, but I am very happy that parts are coming!!!
Phil
That's ok Phil.  I wasn't looking for sympathy No!  Just glad to be able to get the parts to someone who needs them.  There's plenty of people here who've done the same for me.
I'm sure everyone else has had similar experiences.  My problem was that I was in the next town on business so went to the post office there.  If I had of stuck to my home town office I can guarantee this wouldn't have happened.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down