Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 am

Surfer_kris wrote:
MauricioB wrote:
Now look at the photo of the piece I received, it matches the sale page, but the support is curved, this is what may be generating some unwanted air entry! can be?  Huh...

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Dsc_0910

Well, that's a pity, it is clearly machined incorrectly. Perhaps they simply have missed a step in the machining of the parts (and forgotten to flatten the sealing surface) but these parts should never have reached any customers.  Rolling Eyes

I hope Matt can help you out with the proper product, it is a pity though with the ridiculously long shipping time.

I agree with you
If another customer -user has these parts and does not realize it, he may not enjoy his engine / engines, so I sent Mr. Matt the link to this post and additional photos. I'm waiting for news.
The combination of these grooves in the piece: Needle Valve Body (see photo), with the curved seat of the piece: Tee Dee Carb Body (see photo), make the intake of unwanted air and the bad performance of the engine.
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 020nvb10
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Dsc_0911
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Mr. Matt answered me, I share your answer:

We have run tests with these surfaces and while the OEM ones were flat, the tests completed performed fine with the rounded edge. Having said that, for ease of use the current production run has these flat.
Best Regards,

my answer:

All right, Mr. Matt, I wanted to tell you about my experience. Thank you in advance for the time it has taken to check this.
Greetings,
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:21 pm

I was comparing the engines.
On the one hand the Pee Wee 020 and on the other the Tee Dee 020

The registered numbers are the following:
Both engines have speed regulation ring
Pee Wee .020:
7500 / 16800
Tee Dee .020
8500 / 18800-19200
Propeller Cox: 4 x 2 1/2
Fuel:
N-R-M: 25%-20%-Rest
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm looking forward to using the Pee Wee and also the Tee Dee, so I'm thinking about reconditioning Baronet (who is currently wearing a 049) to do the tests, actually a bit of fun ... Very Happy Very Happy Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Dsc03133
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Dsc03135
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Dsc03134
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:14 am

Per your results:
Pee Wee .020:
7500 / 16800
Tee Dee .020
8500 / 18800-19200
Propeller Cox: 4 x 2 1/2
Fuel: N-R-M: 25%-20%-Rest

Pee Wee Static:
16,800 / 5.3oz thrust / 32mph / .028hp / 21w

TD Static:
19,200 rpm /  6.7oz thrust / 36mph / .041hp / 30.6w

Very good numbers tremendous thrust with the TD!

RC Plane
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:33 am

We have run tests with these surfaces and while the OEM ones were flat, the tests completed performed fine with the rounded edge. Having said that, for ease of use the current production run has these flat. wrote:
Sounds like to me there were more than just you that may have had an issue with this run of CBs , But not to start a dispute about it i am glad to see they are changing it back for Looks and Ease of operation !! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo The changing of the .049 to .020 should bee a little challenge to get the weight down for good flight ? Huh...
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:18 am

Who made these carb bodies? Mike Parkin was making them and I'm also aware because Mike told me himself that a few other have made them as well.  Are these Mike's carb bodies? I own several of Mike's offerings and none of them are rounded like depicted. I also don't own one for a .020 but I own a dozen of the .049's and larger units in which all of them are machined flat. I personally would lap those machine marks on the needle valve body on a piece of glass. You need very little footprint to seal that area and it doesn't require it totally being flat in order to do so. I have also never witnessed those marks and if they're intentional, I can only suggest they're there to prevent it from turning or loosening.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:48 am

I haven't seen anything listed in Mike's eBay store in a while. Hope all is well.

For the carb body with the curved surface there is no way that can seal tight. The needle valve body needs a flat surface to seal. The threads will not seal against a leak. Sounds like a mfg boo boo and it got passsd along.

Edit:

I just checked one of my TD .020 engines that has an aluminum carb body. Not sure who made it as it came in an eBay lot but it has tool marks on the flat surface deep enough to cause air leaks. Even the carb bodies with flat surface are not worth bringing home. Go delrin or go home.

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Img_5819
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Img_5820
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

No big deal a flat fine file will level that off in less than a min.
I like aluminum cools better with zero chance for stripped threads
no loose NV body no leaks no lost venturi in the grass.

RC Plane
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:09 pm

I have broken every plastic body when I was flying combat with TD's. Not a time where I didn't break the venturi out of the plastic threads. In addition, the entire assembly would be lost in the dirt or it flew off during flight never to be found again. While I'm not against the plastic, I feel there's a real place for the aluminum and I'm glad were able to have them.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Hello friends, I understand perfectly that each one gives his opinion with the best sense.
From my part I did what I thought was right, I informed the manufacturer, I shared here with you in case someone happened to you.
Today in the morning I enjoyed a few hours with friends in the club, I took the opportunity to make a video showing the rpm of the engine to support my previous comment.
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t11390p25-cox-odyssey-spare-parts-and-more#145049
Brad, I found that the fresh morning air favored, since the engine reached more rpm in static than my previous experience.
As soon as I can post a video of the Pee Wee .020
I hope you enjoy the video Tee Dee .020 cheers
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Img-2012

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Jason_WI wrote:I haven't seen anything listed in Mike's eBay store in a while. Hope all is well.

For the carb body with the curved surface there is no way that can seal tight. The needle valve body needs a flat surface to seal. The threads will not seal against a leak. Sounds like a mfg boo boo and it got passsd along.

Edit:

I just checked one of my TD .020 engines that has an aluminum carb body. Not sure who made it as it came in an eBay lot but it has tool marks on the flat surface deep enough to cause air leaks. Even the carb bodies with flat surface are not worth bringing home. Go delrin or go home.

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Img_5819
Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 Img_5820

Friend, I count about 17 engines ?! 17 engines? If you lived here, you would have a chest full of treasures! Damn! Clapping
they are new?

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 pm

I have a couple of new TD .020 in the crystal and red/black/silver box. The ones in the picture are all used. Lots of new tanks and carb bodies though. All have the starter spring. Most of these came from the large .010/.020 lot I bought a few years back on eBay. Don't ask how many .010s I have..... or Pee Wees for that matter.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Jason_WI wrote:I have a couple of new TD .020 in the crystal and red/black/silver box. The ones in the picture are all used. Lots of new tanks and carb bodies though. All have the starter spring. Most of these came from the large .010/.020 lot I bought a few years back on eBay. Don't ask how many .010s I have..... or Pee Wees for that matter.

Very Happy God bless you brother! Very Happy Thumbs Up

I'm scratching what's here, little and nothing and debastado ... if you have a couple of new cylinders and piston - crank to the vein, let me know, I could use a couple of them, I'm gathering information to place an order and organizing so that it does not have a problem!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 am

getback wrote: Small Cox Logo   The changing of the .049 to .020 should bee a little challenge to get the weight down for good flight ? Huh...

Friend Eric, here is the change and the video, in this case place the Pee Wee 020 with home accelerator ring.
Run the battery and condition the equipment, it is compensated and the desired CG is achieved! Smile
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:44 am

I see Mauricio , just move the equipment components around to get the CG were it needs to bee , very nice flight !! All my RC planes are bigger but the same principle is used. RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Mauricio what do you think of this TD .020 back plate Eyebrows

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 2017_110

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:47 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:Mauricio what do you think of this TD .020 back plate  Eyebrows

Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ... - Page 2 2017_110

Friend looks great !!, and with an o'ring! ... very good! .....
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:20 pm

I am glad you like the design, since you have made two for your engines seeing this
version would be interesting. The O ring is good insurance to avoid air leaks.
Thank you for the greenie Very Happy Very Happy

RC Plane

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:25 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:I am glad you like the design, since you have made two for your engines seeing this

RC Plane

Thanks to you for sharing friend ...! Flying cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:02 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:I am glad you like the design, since you have made two for your engines seeing this

RC Plane

I am in my workshop doing something and I thought ... if we would be close, I think we would spend nice hours of workshop and flying days! RC Plane
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2