Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor! Cox_ba12

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 10:11 am

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor! Empty
Live on Patrol

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor!

Go down

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor! Empty Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor!

Post  ukanduit Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:15 pm

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but it turns out Ebay's global shipping program will not ship a model airplane engine.
I guess that in and of itself would not be a big deal but the problem is that they keep your engine and force you to accept a refund.
The idea is that a model airplane engine might have flammable and or toxic residue on it and they are afraid that it might be a danger so they refuse to ship it and refuse to return it to the seller so they can arrange other means of shipping. And when you complain, the customer service rep tries to persuade you that it is actually a good thing. Because model airplane engines are dangerous, and this policy is in place to protect me.

It is really hard for me to imagine a policy maker in a large company like Pitney Bowes ( the ones responsible for this) or even Ebay would be so *utterly* ignorant to think that the undetectable VOCs on a model airplane engine would pose any kind of threat. The box it is packed in is more of a fire hazard than the engine. Seriously.

Bottom line, please do not use the global shipping program!

//rant

ukanduit
ukanduit
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor! Empty Re: Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor!

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Wow, I would be extremely angry. Sorry you had to deal with that, what a bummer.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor! Empty Re: Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor!

Post  ukanduit Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks Cribbs,
I wish this didn't make me so angry!
I have a message for the CEO of Pitney Bowes:
You sir are an idiot.

That's it.

I wish MBA's had to take science seriously as a degree requirement.
Obviously the Pitney Bowes idiot that made this decision couldn't tell you what F=MA means.

I'm a jerk. Pitney Bowes decision maker: your an idiot.

ukanduit
ukanduit
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:07 pm

I refuse to deal with "global shipping" this is a reoccurring problem.

For international shipping I bag in plastic, tied shut, declared as "hobby parts" or "machine parts" or similar. There is some effort in shipping international, but it really is easy.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ukanduit Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Good idea, that is the way to ship them.

Man, I wish I would have contacted the seller before they used global shipping.

It was a beautiful engine!

Some locally (England) made (reproduction) Mills 1.3cc diesel.

Ugh!!!
ukanduit
ukanduit
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:32 am

I thought there had been a previous discussion or thread on this very problem. I know it really has to suck to “lose” a engine in this manor. Somebody somewhere must have a nice collection of ill gotten model engines, or is getting rich reselling them and NOT using their employers method to ship them.
I wonder if there is a way to find out the exact disposition of these “non shippable” items.  
Sounds like a good investigative news story for 20/20, Dateline or even Chris Hansen!!
“The Mystery behind the Disapearing Diesels and No Show Nitro’s”

Maybe that Idiot at Pitney Bowes could tell you, just to clear is name.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:10 pm

These people hire from the same pool of applicants as TSA.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:12 pm

"For international shipping I bag in plastic, tied shut, declared as "hobby parts" or "machine parts" or similar. There is some effort in shipping international, but it really is easy."

Just declare them as sex toys.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:22 pm

OOOHHHNNNooooo, Broom Hilda will take it out to play!!!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Don't use Ebay's Global Sipping Program to ship model airplane engines. Caveat Emptor! Empty another lost engine by global shipping

Post  Ognyan2019 Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:30 am

I have also lost a HP 40 engine, paid on ebay, sent from England by global shipping to me in Bulgaria, in 2017. As far as I understood, here is what happened. Engine delivered finally to UPS carrier. Arrived at an UPS office in my town, stayed there for two weeks, then returned for "incomplete address". Finally arrived at an UPS store in Duesseldorf, Germany and remained there not known how long. According to data from UPS series of track numbers info. No money back from ebay or global shipping! Package never got  back to seller in England either.  
This "incomplete adress" is the one I gave  to ebay and used many times quite OK. I have included in this address field my phone number too. But someoone at ebay has removed the phone number from my address, possibly for security reasons.  Otherwise the UPS staff might have contacted me while the package was still in my town.  
Else, I made an effort to read the Gobal shipping rules/conditions. As far as I understood, in case package not delivered, it cannot get back to seller. Clearly stated. I.e. package gets  lost forever.
So for all my later on  purchases at ebay, I  always make sure not shipped by global shipping. This is hard to achieve but not impossible to ship another way.  
I hope this may help to exclude global shipping as an option at ebay at all. Sad

Last edited by Ognyan2019 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:40 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : errors)
Ognyan2019
Ognyan2019

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down