Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by aspeed Today at 8:06 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Empty Re: Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box

Post  crankbndr Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:11 am

Marleysky wrote:
R Watson wrote:So I’m between a rock & a hard spot here. I had  several guys try buy. I told them sure but at a fair price. For  example Bob. The offer you gave me on the cox engines . I have offers of half your price . I wish I was never giving these motors And I do respect the history. But these motors are over my head. And I would hate to see them go back into the closet. Thanks guys ..

OH No!! Not back into the closet! You want them to go to good homes, to people who will love and take care of them! Selling them on E bay will give you national exposure and usually Top Dollar. But,you’ll have to, as previously mentioned, catalog them post pictures , prepare them for shipment and let E bay take a 30% cut off the selling price. If you were just “given” these engines, your probably not attached to them and won’t mind only getting 70% of their value, with a zero cost you do end up with 100% profit.

Otherwise, you can Free of Charge, list them for sale, here On this web page, you can do a Bid by private message, or set price and know your dealing with fellow modelers who will appreciate not having to overpay to compensate for e bays cut of the sale.

If having these engines is really causing you grief and heartache, I will at my expense have you pack and ship them all to me. I then will endure the pain and suffering of having them displayed in my engine collection. You Don’t need to loose any sleep over doing the right thing.  PM me for my shipping address. Thank you.

eBay and PayPal only take 13%, still a lot but not 30%
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Empty Re: Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box

Post  Marleysky Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:34 am

eBay and PayPal only take 13%, still a lot but not 30%

It has been a long time since I sold anything on E bay, the reason I stopped was they were making more money than I was. Maybe they lowered their rates? I’ll let my estate find out after I’m gone.....

Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Ok guys sorry to have wasted your time . I been told by at least two of your guys to only sell at at package deal . Between the two they came up with 125.00 per motor. I’m asking for 87.50 per motor , And if my Collection sells to a Member of this forum . I will personally give back 4% and ask no questions .

Now I have only pulled out the 4 Cox’s motors & the aluminum prop . The rest of the collection is in tack.!! Again guys thanks for helping.
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Are you wanting more money? Or a good home?

If you desire more money then a package deal is not the way to go. Individual engines will always sell for more. Actually a package deal is really best for the buyer in just about every deal I have seen.

If you just want to see them go to a good home, cherished and not wanting to deal with selling engines individually then a package deal makes sense.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do,

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Ok guys . I’m out . Thinks for your time.!!
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:58 pm

...earlier tonite i just deleted this guy from the 049 Collectors/Gas powered facebook group.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:51 am

Well just saved me 500 clams , i am sorry but for someone who has only been on the Forum for a few days and is out to sell a collection with NO Past history makes me weary of what may come out ! I ask for some background info and got zilch!Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:05 am

Things got testy on Facebook because his engines were bigger than .049, members started complaining because his engines were too large for the forum.
Nothing to do with his integrity as a seller. Some members liked his photos and encouraged him to post more.

Last edited by crankbndr on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:06 am

Hmm, something sent him over the edge. I found him polite and our responses helpful and measured. Obviously Sum Ting Won.

I can't help admiring his collection though. Hope they all find proper homes.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 am

O Yes i liked the collection too , wanted to do alittle myself , No one could confirm they knew of the gentleman. Ihad alot going on yesterday and by the time i got back i think he was already discouraged. Sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:30 am

Im always stepping into things back wards. But Im 61 and its to late for me. But I did come here for information as well as going to face book. I posted 3 pics on the .049 forum. I fly but only electric .I had no idea that .049 was a motor size. I posted 3 pic's over there and then asked if could post more . My cell blew up with request for more .... So I started posting. It took me two days to get them all posted. Then i started getting trashed for posting motors bigger then ,049. Where were you Mark Boesen . One when i was posting @ two when I was being trashed. Im not going to apologize to you or your forum. But I will apologize to this forum & the the guys that have help me . If I could stay long enough with out getting kick out. I would like for you guys to know me & my plans for the motors..
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:59 am

getback wrote:O Yes i liked the collection too , wanted to do alittle myself , No one could confirm they knew of the gentleman. Ihad alot going on yesterday and by the time i got back i think he was already discouraged. Sad  

getback I can appreciate you not wanting to buy from me because no one could confirm who I was. But I did not come here to sell my motors. But I did get caught up with all the offers. Looks like alot of you guys collect motors . I collect planes, Old Baseball cards, Old wagons, Old hot rods. And now I collect old motors.

Guys Sorry for getting off on the wrong leg here . And getback I have no problem sending you the motors before payment. But dont ask me question about these motors that I dont understand. If their not what you want just send them back. K.
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:42 pm

OK R Watson , i don't think anyone here has NO bad feeling and a little back ground goes a long way !! Wink Some here have the $$$ to spend for the whole Shbang (( and i have but am not that willing (( i am pretty deep in engines and planes right now , heck i wish i had seen this an hr. ago i just spent 99- on a O&R 60 ignition But i will take you up on the offer and you can bee sure I will NOT bee the bad person .. .Alot of people know me here i am just wanting to try out some new adventure in engine (sparkies) I would like to see you stay on and tell us more about your hobbies , we talk about just about any and every thing ..... Popcorn All right if you want to do this let me know through PM if your willing to trust me then i will give you my info ... Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:00 pm

R Watson wrote:Ok guys sorry to have wasted your time . I been told by at least two of your guys to only sell at at package deal .  Between the two they came up with 125.00 per motor.   I’m asking for 87.50 per motor , And if my  Collection sells to a Member of this forum . I will personally give back 4% and ask no questions .

Now I have only pulled out the 4 Cox’s motors & the  aluminum prop .  The rest of the collection is in tack.!! Again guys thanks for helping.

Today the whole collection sold. Thanks to this forum @ the menbers. If someone could PM me i have a 200.00 check to send ya'll.. Again thanks guys.
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:19 pm

getback wrote:OK R Watson , i don't think anyone here has NO bad feeling and a little back ground goes a long way !! Wink  Some here have the $$$ to spend for the whole Shbang (( and i have but am not that willing (( i am pretty deep in engines and planes right now , heck i wish i had seen this an hr. ago i just spent 99- on a O&R 60 ignition But i will take you up on the offer and you can bee sure I will NOT bee the bad person .. .Alot of people know me here i am just wanting to try out some new adventure in engine (sparkies) I would like to see you stay on and tell us more about your hobbies , we talk about just about any and every thing ..... Popcorn  All right if you want to do this let me know through PM if your willing to trust me then i will give you my info ... Eric

Im own face book. Ronnie Watson. Im really not a bad guy..Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Img_e110
Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Img_e111
Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Img_1110
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:27 pm

This is my 7 year grandson & his first crash.
Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 Img_1211
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Very good model planes. Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Nothing wrong with electrics Ronnie.

I have that same T-28

Space Bug 1952 New In Blue box - Page 3 B-25_e10

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 pm

No nothing wrong with them . You just have to be a pilot... But with a gasser not only do you have to be a pilot but a mechanic also. I watch you guys at the field. Although I admire yalls talents... I pass @ going to stick with electrics for now. At least untill I get my grandson on his own.. Just cheaper that way..This Site Rocks!
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Glow vs electric. It’s a topic that gets debated to death. I appreciate both, but this guy will always be a glow junkie. Although I am pretty handy with IC engines of all types so that helps.

To each their own, you should try a glow engine though. If you ever want to give it a go I will happily provide you with an engine free of charge.

My only concern with electric is that it is causing a severe lack of production in glow fuel! Sad
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:28 am

Glow vs  Electric . Last year I went to visit with my grandson. He wouldn’t take his eyes off the tv long enough to even look at me. I put his b/t in the truck & we went to the  local hobby shop . We started off with electric because of what they call safe. A plane one can build and fly. When we can get to a  level of flying without safe . My goal is to build a balsa wood plane  with him and go with Glow.The only thing I can debait Glow vs electric is that we were flying the next morning. I had to start him with something. After my  experience with the motors I was given and learning about free flight and u wire. I’m going to take him back in time . We’re going to build a free flight plane. And move up from there. And start him his own collection of  Cox engines . The past few days with you guys has been Great. Thanks again guys. Y’all have a great place here , hope to be a part of all this soon.
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:13 pm

Ronnie.
Glad we got things sorted out.  Sorry if some here acted a little suspiciously.  That happens a bit here with new guys.  The motives of some newbies are questionable and I guess the regulars feel a little protective of our friendly little group.
While I don't share your love of electrics, I acknowledge that anyone wanting to do some serious flying is pretty much forced to go that way by public opinion.  I know I may be half deaf but I (unlike the general public and authorities) still like the noise an IC engine makes, and the smell.  Well, sort of. My sense of smell is pretty much shot as well.  Oh, why do the things we love end up kiling us?
Anyway, I'm guessing that you'll end up getting hitched on this forum like the rest of us and I look forward to the report of when you finally do give an IC engine a shot.  Once you're hooked on nitro then we can work on the Diesel thing Laughing

Rod.

Last edited by Oldenginerod on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  R Watson Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:31 pm

It’s all good Rod. I have a friend on this forum that might make me a good deal on one or two of his old motors to get me started in the right direction.
R Watson
R Watson
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3