Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

CzarDrill - my first model for Cox - Page 3 Cox_ba12

CzarDrill - my first model for Cox - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 11:55 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Today at 11:52 am

» Simple Gliders
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:52 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by getback Today at 7:24 am

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by getback Today at 7:23 am

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 2:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 8:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

CzarDrill - my first model for Cox - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

CzarDrill - my first model for Cox

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

CzarDrill - my first model for Cox - Page 3 Empty Re: CzarDrill - my first model for Cox

Post  smooth_bill Thu May 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Czaro,

I'm impressed!  Laughing

That was a very good flight, and the hand launch was perfect!

Agree that the control throw may be a little too much, so fix that while rebuilding that lovely airplane.

Bit too fast for me, but my reflexes are 65 years older than yours.

Actually, I no longer fly and my once rock steady hands shake enough that I don't have to stir my coffee in the morning! Very Happy

Best of luck,

Bill
smooth_bill
smooth_bill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

CzarDrill - my first model for Cox - Page 3 Empty Re: CzarDrill - my first model for Cox

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 14, 2020 7:20 pm

smooth_bill wrote:Czaro,

I'm impressed!  Laughing

That was a very good flight, and the hand launch was perfect!

Agree that the control throw may be a little too much, so fix that while rebuilding that lovely airplane.

Bit too fast for me, but my reflexes are 65 years older than yours.

Actually, I no longer fly and my once rock steady hands shake enough that I don't have to stir my coffee in the morning! Very Happy

Best of luck,

Bill

I know the feeling Bill.

Bob circa 1937
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  czarobest Fri May 15, 2020 4:30 am

Thank you Bob!

The model is fast but it will be a good training before the A6M5 Zero which I am planning to build (but not for Cox, but for OS-FS48) Very Happy.

During that flight, my hands were shaking too, but from the stress Smile.
czarobest
czarobest
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 am

hey czarobest, I see that you fly in fields where you find an alternative place, my friend András, also does the same, looking for a place where they can enjoy some healthy flights, my question is: do you have a club to attend ?, or Are you always looking for an alternative place? ... My question is because I highly value all those who make this effort to launch their model somewhere possible to fly.
Some people have a specific place to fly (club) and do not value it (they do not take care of it) they always have an excuse, which makes me wonder if they really feel the activity of model airplanes, or simply do not know what to do with their time.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 15, 2020 7:01 am

Mauricio is a Master modeler and superb flier czarobest and also is 1/2ANut czarobest , you have talent for building and fling , with some instructions on fine tuning you will bee able to enjoy and go further in the sport/hobby Very Happy Enjoyed the video but you don't want to repair it every time you go out Rolling Eyes Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  czarobest Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 am

There is no modeling club in my town, there is a modeling airport, but it is quite far from my house, so I have to borrow a car from my dad Razz. Additionally, fuel in my country is expensive Razz.
I like to fly close to my house because I can do it quickly Very Happy. But with bigger models (which have to take off from the ground and need a good landing site) I have to go to the airport Smile. But there it's also nice because I can find other modelers Smile .
czarobest
czarobest
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Fri May 15, 2020 9:38 am

It's only a 2h drive from where you live to our airfield:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Kobylnica/%C5%81%C3%B3d%C5%BA/@52.0995324,17.2078767,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x47045e8517d33a0b:0x93d61662c544623!2m2!1d17.0925845!2d52.4489287!1m5!1m1!1s0x471bcb24754556af:0xcb7cae639b21dbac!2m2!1d19.4559833!2d51.7592485!3e0

Pay us a visit one weekend. Hurry before the airfield is closed!
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  czarobest Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 am

I hope to go and see your models someday Very Happy.

Your airfield is to be closed? Why?
czarobest
czarobest
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri May 15, 2020 10:46 am

czarobest wrote:There is no modeling club in my town, there is a modeling airport, but it is quite far from my house, so I have to borrow a car from my dad Razz. Additionally, fuel in my country is expensive Razz.
I like to fly close to my house because I can do it quickly Very Happy. But with bigger models (which have to take off from the ground and need a good landing site) I have to go to the airport Smile. But there it's also nice because I can find other modelers  Smile .

Okay, I understand perfectly. I greatly appreciate the effort and energy you put there to be able to fly.
I hope you repair your model soon and have it back in flight !!. by the way what battery pack do you have on board the model? .... 7.4 volt? and mha?
Thanks for your answers and for your video.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Fri May 15, 2020 11:24 am

because the sight of gliders circling in the sky was bothering the dwellers of the nearby town. I hope they like skyscrapers better, cause that's what they're getting.

This is why we can't have nice things.
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri May 15, 2020 11:35 am

dirk gently wrote:because the sight of gliders circling in the sky was bothering the dwellers of the nearby town. I hope they like skyscrapers better, cause that's what they're getting.

What an unfortunate friend .... I can't believe that people are bothered by the gliders in the sky ... but well if that's the case, I'll never know ... that's more a matter of doing business ... skyscraper and density wails after ...
open field and open air, priceless! ...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  czarobest Fri May 15, 2020 11:39 am

MauricioB wrote:
Okay, I understand perfectly. I greatly appreciate the effort and energy you put there to be able to fly.
I hope you repair your model soon and have it back in flight !!. by the way what battery pack do you have on board the model? .... 7.4 volt? and mha?
Thanks for your answers and for your video.
Thank you Smile.

I used this equipment:
Battery - LiPo 370mAh 2S (7.4V)
Servos - HobbyKing HK15178 (too big, I know Wink)
BEC - HobbyKing Micro BEC 3A/5v (Switch Mode)
Receiver - FrSky RX6R + FrSky GPS module to logging speed

dirk gently wrote:
because the sight of gliders circling in the sky was bothering the dwellers of the nearby town. I hope they like skyscrapers better, cause that's what they're getting.
That's sad thing Sad. I don't like to complain and I know we don't have the worst. But it seems so Polish.
czarobest
czarobest
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri May 22, 2020 12:22 pm

y dont use bec for powering my spectrum reciver can take 8.3v to low 3.2v tink y use smal lipo from umx beast reciver is like 2gram. linear servo 1.2g to 2g for diferent control surface on trotl use two tiny 1.2g servo for eleron. elev ruder use larger linear long trow servo compatible wit as3x system very fast trow Cool
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3