Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Today at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Today at 6:25 pm

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by rdw777 Today at 6:11 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Today at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Today at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:47 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:48 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines

Post  Cox International Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:46 pm

czarobest wrote:Is there still TD .010? I'd like to fly this toddler right after PeeWee .020 Very Happy. I would be happy to buy it if it was at such a bargain price Cool

There are two 010 engines like this one for $95 (engine only). Please email me directly at support@coxengines.com if you would like one or more.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines

Post  Cox International Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Jason_WI wrote:
batjac wrote:*** SIGH ***

I already have all of those...

The Disappointed Collector Mark

Tell me about it. No .010 tie clip engines, RR-1s, rear drum valve olympics, space hoppers, or Strato bugs........

Mark,

There will be a Space hopper at 1/2 price for $149 (engine only). Please email me directly at support@coxengines.com if you would like it.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:50 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Bernie I miss spoke on the phone the Muffled RC .049 is a Medallion sorry for the confusion and argument...grin

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 20200910

lol! lol! lol!

Happydad,

The engine top middle is the one I was referring to, Cox item # 2501
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  czarobest Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:54 pm

Cox International wrote:
czarobest wrote:Is there still TD .010? I'd like to fly this toddler right after PeeWee .020 Very Happy. I would be happy to buy it if it was at such a bargain price Cool

There are two 010 engines like this one for $95 (engine only). Please email me directly at support@coxengines.com if you would like one or more.

Thank you very much, I'm very excited now Clapping . I wrote to you Smile.
czarobest
czarobest
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Cox International wrote:
sosam117 wrote:Bernie,

Are you going to sell them on your website?
When are you going to post/list them?

Thinking of getting "two" Pee Wee 020's. to go into a Willy Nillies S-Tee and Jr. Falcon?
Ordered the kits last week (electric?)
Thanks,

Sorry, day off yesterday Smile

Yes, on our website or directly to requesters; whichever comes first. However, looks like all the Pee Wees are spoken for before this reply.

Bernie,
I was the 1st one to post here Tuesday Oct 20, 2020 at 5:12pm.
That was 1/2 hour after your original post at Oct 20, 2020 at 4:50pm.
Why did I not get a chance to get the "two" Pee Wee engines? confused

I'm a little disappointed. No Sad
There were some Pee Wee engines available at that time, were there not? confused

How did someone else get the engines before me? confused

I'll take a Tee Dee 020 with a Pee Wee tank. Sad
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:31 pm

sosam117 wrote:
Cox International wrote:

Thinking of getting "two" Pee Wee 020's. to go into a Willy Nillies S-Tee and Jr. Falcon?
Thanks,

Yes, on our website or directly to requesters; whichever comes first. However, looks like all the Pee Wees are spoken for before this reply.

Bernie,

There were some Pee Wee engines available at that time, were there not? confused

It was a phone call, albeit admittedly some time after your post. I guess the issue is that we / I don't continually monitor the forum. We only had two "loose" ones and they went to the same buyer for $69 / each, as opposed to the regular priced ones @ $129: https://coxengines.ca/50-cox-.020-pee-wee-engine-cbox.html

However, what is your full name (post here or email to support@coxengines.com ) and I will see what I can do.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Cox International wrote:
sosam117 wrote:
Cox International wrote:

Thanks,

Bernie,

It was a phone call, albeit admittedly some time after your post. I guess the issue is that we / I don't continually monitor the forum. We only had two "loose" ones and they went to the same buyer for $69 / each, as opposed to the regular priced ones @ $129: https://coxengines.ca/50-cox-.020-pee-wee-engine-cbox.html

However, what is your full name (post here or email to   support@coxengines.com   ) and I will see what I can do.

Since you are a very good customer, we will give you two NIP ones for that same low price Smile Tomorrow project ...
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Cox International wrote:
Cox International wrote:
sosam117 wrote:
Cox International wrote:

Thanks,

Bernie,

However, what is your full name (post here or email to   support@coxengines.com   ) and I will see what I can do.

Since you are a very good customer, we will give you two NIP ones for that same low price Smile Tomorrow project ...

Thanks Bernie,
I sent you an email to the support@coxengines.com.
Send me an invoice for PayPal and I'll pay for the engines.

Mike McIntyre
sosam117
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:12 pm

I feel a little sorry for Bernie, although the stress he is under to keep track of all the enquiries from this forum is probably a little self-inflicted. It's great for us members to have first option on his "special offers", but personally I would support a more formal way of taking orders than just a bunch of guys stating "I wouldn't mind one of those....." or in sosam117's case, "Thinking of getting..." I can see how things could easily become confused. Probably best for him to set up a "CEF special offer" page in his store so that the ordering process can be a little more formal.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:I feel a little sorry for Bernie, although the stress he is under to keep track of all the enquiries from this forum is probably a little self-inflicted.  It's great for us members to have first option on his "special offers", but personally I would support a more formal way of taking orders than just a bunch of guys stating "I wouldn't mind one of those....."  or in sosam117's case, "Thinking of getting..."   I can see how things could easily become confused.  Probably best for him to set up a "CEF special offer" page in his store so that the ordering process can be a little more formal.
A different way to do it, is how Matt at EXModelEngines listed "New Parts Lot #1".
He listed Cox parts w/prices, and posted an email address for contact. After contacting
him, he emailed a link to purchase. Easy peasy, done.
  This is by no way, any kind of slam on Bernie!!! He and Matt are gods in my book.
I think he wanted to give us the heads up,and he got ambushed. If I needed one of those
engines, I probably would have jumped too.
I hope this came out ok, and I didn't offend anybody.
  Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:27 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:I feel a little sorry for Bernie, although the stress he is under to keep track of all the enquiries from this forum is probably a little self-inflicted.  It's great for us members to have first option on his "special offers", but personally I would support a more formal way of taking orders than just a bunch of guys stating "I wouldn't mind one of those....."  or in sosam117's case, "Thinking of getting..."   I can see how things could easily become confused.  Probably best for him to set up a "CEF special offer" page in his store so that the ordering process can be a little more formal.

If you looked at the rest of the posting I asked Bernie when he would post the engines and their prices.

As I originally posted it:
Bernie,

I have been looking in the RC Group Classified for "Aircraft -Fuel- engines and accessories for Pee Wee engines for a while.
Not many do come up for sale.
So maybe typed looking on getting "two" Pee Wee 020s. instead of thinking.

Also, not everyone is looking at everything on these forums. We do need to eat, sleep, work, build airplanes. Normal life stuff.
Bernie took a few days off from this forum and came back a few days later.

I kept looking on the Cox International website for the engines to be posted. That way there would be an account of what I thought would be what engines are available, the cost for each engine and quantity of available engines for that group?

Last edited by sosam117 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Couple peewees here.....couple more there..... pretty soon you need a bucket to store them in.

Point is don’t get worked up over a missed deal. Tomorrow a better one comes along. I’ve probably added 15 peewees to this since taking the picture and I wasn’t really looking for them.

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 69602b10
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 pm

Plot twist: Jason was the one on the phone with Bernie earlier! Eyebrows

No just joking... LOL  Crazy Eyes  (well...I guess I don't know that  Paranoid )

I will say that we see another example of the great customer service from Bernie and Cox International. Clapping  We really do have the best guys on here.

I will agree that it wouldn't be a bad idea to post contact instructions, email address, etc. so this doesn't happen again.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:50 pm

Jason_WI wrote:Couple peewees here.....couple more there..... pretty soon you need a bucket to store them in.

Point is don’t get worked up over a missed deal. Tomorrow a better one comes along. I’ve probably added 15 peewees to this since taking the picture and I wasn’t really looking for them.

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 69602b10

If I guess the right amount of Pee Wee engines in the jar, do I win the jar of engines? Huh...
Like, guess how many gumballs in the jar? Leaves

I haven't participated in that game of chance in years. Old Bugger
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:55 pm

I forgot how many were in the jar.......

Could have another guess the # of engines in the jar contest. Maybe with TD .049/.051 engines.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:50 am

In my mind I already refer to these gentlemen as Sir Bernie and Sir Matt.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 am

No offence whatsoever taken lol!

However, I have opened a can of worms and have learnt my lesson. Was being lazy and trying to sell without creating listings but ended up with more work instead DAMMIT!
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:14 pm

Pee Wee 20s are everywhere on eBay, Cox International posted "value priced" LOL lol!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:46 pm

crankbndr wrote:Pee Wee 20s are everywhere on eBay, Cox International posted "value priced" LOL lol!

Our regular price for NIP Pee Wees is between $109 and $139 and no problem selling them Smile

Our over 8,000 customers have learnt to trust that they will receive what they pay for and, if something is amiss, we will make it right.

eBay is hit and miss, unfortunately. We have purchased many hundreds of "new" Cox engines on eBay. On average, 30-40% are stuck and have to be disassembled and about 10% are not "new" (mounting marks, etc). But yes, with a bit of patience, there are some good bargains on eBay although, at present, they are not exactly a bargain:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=cox+pee+wee+engine&_sacat=0
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Got no problem with your pricing, looking hard at that 99$ Black Widow. Had to stop myself twice. Cant have to many Widows.I need a bucket of em like Jason!! I just meant everyones looking for a bargain, not that theres anything wrong with that.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:25 pm

crankbndr wrote:Got no problem with your pricing, looking hard at that 99$ Black Widow. Had to stop myself twice. Cant have to many Widows.I need a bucket of em like Jason!! I just meant everyones looking for a bargain, not that theres anything wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with bargains and there will be at least one Black Widow for $59.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:38 pm

Cox International wrote:
crankbndr wrote:Pee Wee 20s are everywhere on eBay, Cox International posted "value priced" LOL lol!

Our regular price for NIP Pee Wees is between $109 and $139 and no problem selling them Smile

Our over 8,000 customers have learnt to trust that they will receive what they pay for and, if something is amiss, we will make it right.

eBay is hit and miss, unfortunately. We have purchased many hundreds of "new" Cox engines on eBay. On average, 30-40% are stuck and have to be disassembled and about 10% are not "new" (mounting marks, etc). But yes, with a bit of patience, there are some good bargains on eBay although, at present, they are not exactly a bargain:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=cox+pee+wee+engine&_sacat=0

I know what it's like Bernie on eBay when you say hit or miss.
I bid on a engine only to be outbid the last second by someone waiting on that last second for his bid to snatch it.
Another way I bid is to put in my max bid ( what I think it's worth) and hope not to get out bid on my max bid.
If it does go over my max bid -- oh well, maybe I'll find another? (but would have liked to have won it).

Or the best bid I ever got:
Bid on a Cox Medallion .15
Seller posted "as is", clean engine, looks to be never mounted, excellent condition, crank turns freely.
Bids started at $50.00 --- I won the engine at $153.00 plus shipping.

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Img_0030
Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Img_0031

Paid the money and couldn't wait for the engine to show.
Response from seller, engine shipped.
One week, two weeks. I contacted the seller. Where is the engine? Seller said he shipped it.
I asked for tracking number. Seller said he'll look for it.
Finally got a tracking number. Engine was really shipped the 3rd week.

Engine delivered in mailbox. Now 4 weeks from close of auction to my receiving the engine at my door.
Opened up the box, there was the Cox Medallion 15 looking nice!
One problem ---- NO PISTON!

Upcoming - Value priced new Cox engines - Page 2 Img_0032

Contacted seller to complain ---- "sold- as is" (SOL)
Contacted eBay --- sided with the seller. Nothing deceitful in the posting, seller did not say anything about compression, only crank was free to turn. WHAT-- REALLY! I got hosed.
Also another problem. eBay said it took more than 4 weeks to complain about the problem.
eBay has a 30day window for complaints. Hosed again.
That's why the engine took so long to get mailed to me. Seller also have a few bad reviews as well.

So, I'm looking for a piston to work in my nice, never mounted or run Cox Medallion 15 engine.
Asked Matt if one of those Sportsman pistons would work? Matt got back to me with the answer "no". Piston size is smaller.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:25 pm

OOPS!
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Cox International wrote:

Wow thats my pee wee for sale on top DAMMIT! someone will sweep it at cost
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:53 pm

You should post the sellers name that sold you that .15 Medallion
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next