Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but Cox_ba12

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 6:38 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Admin Today at 5:50 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but Empty
Live on Patrol

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but

Go down

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but Empty I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but

Post  rsv1cox Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Conservatism lost a friend today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rush-limbaugh-r-i-p/ar-BB1dLSjf?ocid=msedgdhp

Love him or not, he was a force to be reckoned with.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but Empty Re: I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but

Post  dckrsn Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:21 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Conservatism lost a friend today.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rush-limbaugh-r-i-p/ar-BB1dLSjf?ocid=msedgdhp
Love him or not, he was a force to be reckoned with.  

Well put, Bob. Differences aside, he was a human being. RIP Rush.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but Empty Re: I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but

Post  Admin Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Like him or hate him, he is often credited for keeping AM radio viable and saving numerous stations that would've otherwise gone under. He brought in so many listeners that it gave stations a chance to boost their ratings on other shows they aired and make the stations relevant.

I wasn't a religious listener but I liked to put him on every so often to hear what he had to say about particular current events. We'll have to see what happens to his show, who fills his spot...

Here's today's show when the news broke. I actually didn't plan to record today's show. I was poking around a local WebSDR (software defined radio) this morning and hit record just before the top-of-the hour news, I left the recorder running after I heard his wife announce the news.

Mega Dittos, Rush.

RIP

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:15 am

I only listened to him on my car radio.  I agreed with his conservative philosophy but differed with him on some other aspects.  I'm a financial conservative that believes in a hand up instead of a hand out. But I'm a tree hugger first class and a social liberal.  Never-the-less he was reported to be a genuine nice guy and saw things as they should be not as they are.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:31 am

Anyone dying too soon is always tragic. No matter what side of the fence you are on. Rush lived a good life even if it was cut a little short. He liked his cigars and I am sure he knew the risks.

We aren’t promised tomorrow, only today so I will continue to eat the fat on my steak! lol!

Personally I will miss him. Greenie for Bob (dckrsn)That is a good attitude to have.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:19 pm

Lost a cousin last week to cancer,and my best friend and best man at my wedding 37 yrs. ago is in hospice dying ...of cancer. Looks like a rough start to another crap year. I've outlived all my friends...which is giving me an uneasy feeling.. After 2 heart attacks I fear I'm next. ..I got s@%$  to do! Rush was the same age as me.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:05 pm

OhBee wrote: I've outlived all my friends...
Hey...what are we? Chopped liver?

Mr. Steve, I know this is a weak attempt at lifting your spirits. I certainly understand the overwhelming dread of feeling once's own mortality. I should have been dead a few times already. You are on my prayer list.

I hate the winter...and would make a terrible Eskimo. Spring is around the the corner...Spring is around the corner...keep saying that. It helps me!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Hell...I never saw any of my friends very often the last few years anyways....so you guys count too ! 😜... considering my past, it's a miracle I'm still here.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:06 pm

OhBee wrote:Hell...I never saw any of my friends very often the last few years anyways....so you guys count too !   😜...   considering my past,  it's a miracle I'm still here.

And we are glad that you are OB.

Lost my brother a couple of weeks ago to Parkinson's, he would have been 88 next month. Led a hard life, drank and smoked to excess. To bad, all my grandparents lived well into their 90's, drink and smoke was not in their lifestyle.

Bob Dole, a true American hero is reported tonight to share Rush's disease. Life is precarious, but yes, Spring is just around the corner and life renews. So it is, so it always has been.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:07 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Spring is just around the corner and life renews.  So it is, so it always has been.  
Here's to a euphoric spring of springs, Bob. The older I get, the more I savor every day.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:11 am

dckrsn wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Spring is just around the corner and life renews.  So it is, so it always has been.  
Here's to a euphoric spring of springs, Bob. The older I get, the more I savor every day.
Bob

Me too Bob.

Getting up this morning I saw four deer bedded down in the snow right at the tree line and watched them while eating breakfast. Gone now.

I don't mean to touch a nerve here, but P1010757

Soon, one got up and wandered the woods looking for something to eat while the rest remained just watching her.  Not much energy to spare when a foot of snow covers the ground and your food supply.  

She returned and started attending to the other three, nuzzling each one.  Pretty sure they are the mother and twins that stayed on my property last year and later were joined by a third fawn.

Soon it will be Spring and they will repopulate.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down