Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Cox_ba12

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Empty Re: [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine

Post  fargophil Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:49 am

Started to hook wire to the clip and so far the clip has stumped me on assembly. Do you have a good closeup of the finished clip so I can figure out how to assemble it?
fargophil
fargophil
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Empty Re: [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:56 am

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Screen87
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:58 am

Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:04 am

Here is a close up from Jim's photo:

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Screen88
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 am

Levent Suberk wrote:Is that one? Same?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372881261924

It isn't same in shape. It is for bigger engines. However assembly is similar.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:53 am

Successfully assembled it Phil?
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fargophil Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:15 am

had time to download the picture you sent and print it , much better than the instruction on the back of the card which I finally noticed. off to dialysis this morning so will assemble when I get back. I have a Lil Stinker plane I want to start the engine on.
fargophil
fargophil
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Empty Watch for momentary shorts!

Post  944_Jim Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Guys,

I also picked up the big brother. And it IS bigger! I'll try to submit a picture of this little one on a Medallion .15 along with the bigger Dubro clip later this weekend. This little one may take some tweeking to fit a Pee Wee or Tee Dee .020 so it can clamp on the head. As is, it touches the .020 cylinder just below the head. Does the black conduct electricity?

When you wire up your clip, be aware of the area where shorts can occur. The 90 degree bend is so the sliding contact ring terminal doesn't short against the fixed one. The bent one needs to come off the side of the clip so as it goes in and out with the terminal.

Levent, I'll PM you later tonight or tomorrow.

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Dubro_10

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:28 pm

Thanks.

A piece of heat shrink tubing on short fixed terminal can solve the short circuit problem.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fargophil Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:40 am

Modeler 1,Clip 0! Finally got it together and tested it on my Cox mini Stunt. Takes a little practice to hook up but when hooked up right hods on well even after the engine starts.[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Img_0710
fargophil
fargophil
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:45 pm

Got a green thumb from me... Santa
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Good for you, Phil!

When I checked it on my PeeWee, I didn't like the "hold." I wanted to check the fixed side to see if flipping it over in the body would get it on the head instead of the cylinder. But then, I do have a habit of over-thinking things.

Does it grab and release.in a way that you are confident using it? Have you tried it on a small Norvel?

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:15 pm

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 4ec66510

Another confirmation for .020….I haven’t cranked an engine with it but seems like it’s easiest to grip it like a syringe to install and release….. To get it off cleanly depress the spring with the thumb and roll the back end up just a bit and it will release from the tip of the plug cleanly without hanging….. Classy little clip!!!
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fargophil Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:31 pm

i am reasonably confident it will stay on. Ran the engine for a full tank with the clip on, just to see how vibration effected it an it stayed on. Haven't tried a small Norvel yet, tomorrows project. Can only take so many fumes in the shop in one day. To cold to run it in the garage or outdoors.
fargophil
fargophil
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:46 am

Thats good to know , Thanks Phil for bearing the fumes and cold ! Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Empty Is there one more clip in Santa's bag?

Post  Wingman Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:18 am

Hello Jim,
I'm the new old guy and haven't made the required number of posts in order to send you a PM.  
Do you think it would be okay (safe) to post my P.O. Box #?

Wingman
Wingman
Wingman

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:49 am

Mr. Wingman,

I recommend NEVER posting email addresses/physical addresses/phone numbers in any website's publicly viewable threads. These threads can be viewed without logging on. The information then can become tools for identity theft. PM's on CEF however, are not publicly viewable. I won't make that last claim for ALL websites.

Your wish is my command...I'll have it packaged within the 24 hours. I may hold off on mailing yours (and Gary's/Russ's) until after Christmas. Sorry Gary and Russ, I arrived at our local PO this weekend to find a line out the door. Needless to say, I wasn't waiting two hours for a couple of glow clips. Maybe you'll have the clips before you take down the tree. Feel free to take a picture of the clip hanging in the tree (no obligation to keep the tree up)...chuckles! I may try purchasing/labelling at the house tonight so I can drop them off in a street-side mailbox tomorrow. My packaging is light, and no bigger than an envelope. It shouldn't take very long to get there.

Please reach out to me via "reply to PM," since I just sent you one. Or hit me up via off-site email (in the PM). I have two (mentioned above) to take to the PO, so I can add yours to the stack before I go. If I don't hear back in the next day or two, do not fear I'll run out of these. Yours will be packaged and waiting until we can PM or email.

Sincerely,

Jimxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

[solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine - Page 3 Empty Re: [solved]most Efficient Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine

Post  Wingman Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:56 pm

Jim,
Many thanks, for the advice and your generosity in offering these Kwik-Klips.  I was one of the lucky ones who responded to your offer.  My Klip arrived today.  
Thanks again,'
Wingman
Wingman
Wingman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3