Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

test stands - Test Bench for My New Car Setup Cox_ba12

test stands - Test Bench for My New Car Setup Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by Boats13 Today at 12:43 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 12:22 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by 1/2A Nut Today at 12:08 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

test stands - Test Bench for My New Car Setup Empty
Live on Patrol

Test Bench for My New Car Setup

Go down

Happy Test Bench for My New Car Setup

Post  Yabby Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:44 am

test stands - Test Bench for My New Car Setup Car_en10

After building my two RC Air Cars which have done a huge amount of work over the Christmas break I decided I will build myself a "from scratch" Car with a Cox 049 engine driving a rear axle. This Jig I setup was just to mount the engine and an axle and test out if the heatsink would work. And it works great! cheers I have used the Cox glow plug adapter with an external glow plug deliberately to try and get the revs down, and the muffler helps with that a bit. After the photo I added an OS 10G RC Carby to the horseshoe inlet and put a servo on the test bench.

The engine ran in nicely, I just start it by turning the hub via the slot in the front with a Cox engine tool. Lol. works no problems. I glued a rubber band to the end of the hub after this to build up a round ridge at the end of the hub so as that the drive rubber band would stay on. for this with beady eyes. Lol. The cog,sprocket up against the end of the engine held on by the hub is nothing to do with drive. I had it lying around and it did fit. HaHaHa. So it just holds the spring and stuff on. :-)

The drive gear/pulley fixed to the axle has been modified a lot since the photo to increase its diameter as I need to get the low end wheel speed right down.

Once a build a prototype quick and dirty car using this drive system, I will start thinking how I am going to do an axle that is driven through a straight shaft from the Cox engine and a bevel gear sort of setup on the axle.

The new car is well on the way to running on the street or a bitumen tennis court or such so I will post some photos of it once its complete. It is running in a real basic way on the street out the front of the shack I now live in  sunny  cheers , but needs some mods and balancing and weight added to stop the front end pushing so hard. Im also working at ways to get the revs on the Cox able to come right right down and be stable, I think I might be starting to try to get them too low and have to work with gearing to get the base low speed.

Cheers,
Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: Test Bench for My New Car Setup

Post  getback Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:32 am

Popcorn I am in Yabby you come up with some Wild and Crazy things and that is what makes this world go around ! Is that hot glue your using just wondering if so is it fuel proof ? sunny Beers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:38 am

A little thing you could use big oring it's stiffer You could find a small pulley that would be ideal I have already made a motorized car with a strap clutch système like on a small snow blower it work Good Keep this beautiful enthusiastic mind going I can't wait to see what you're going to make Clapping Airplane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:27 pm

HaHaHaHa sunny Beers thanks for the laugh and positive comments! cheers started my day very nicely. Lol. Its not hot glue, its really really cheap epoxy thats just blobbed all over the place. I thought about hot glue and my missus has a hot glue gun. Huh... no, maybe not, it could be life shortening using her hot glue gun. Lol.

I have watched much of your car development david and very much admire your engineering skills and the models you produce! cheers sunny Mine will never end up so finished and nice as yours thats for sure. Lol. There are very very few things I have started and finished in my life! much to the annoyance of some people. I like learning and understanding and trying to see if I can implement what is normally a complex technical thing using really simple tools and tech, just to see that the theory and my understanding is correct or even wrong and then I have to go read, lookup things, try again and learn. It serves no value other than it makes me happy and I like sharing my stuff for the few that understand and can have a laugh at it for what it is. sunny cheers Beer Cheers

Ill post some more of it soon with pictures. I think youll get a laugh at the way the car has been built. Lol.

Thanks Clapping

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:47 pm

Yes, O ring and a V shaped pully would reduce slipping and give more grip.

Eagle eyed Eric picked up on the hot glue/epoxy err.......mess that I completely missed. Smile

Can't wait to see your car.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content