Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

CECF is back to what it is supposed to be. - Page 2 Cox_ba12

CECF is back to what it is supposed to be. - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by rdw777 Today at 6:13 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 6:09 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 5:58 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Yesterday at 9:49 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Yesterday at 6:32 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Sun May 12, 2024 8:55 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

CECF is back to what it is supposed to be. - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

CECF is back to what it is supposed to be.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CECF is back to what it is supposed to be. - Page 2 Empty Re: CECF is back to what it is supposed to be.

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Admin,

Maybe you could contact him offline and see what he is all about? Heck! Give him a phone call. He did say a few things I didn't agree with but, I wasn't offended by him just didn't agree with much.

As far as advertizing, he is selling parts and a lot of us including myself have advertized on here for that very reason.

Anyway, It seemed he was coming around. I have seen some stuff on other forums that make his posts look tame. As Admin I respect your decision, I just think it would be nice to find out more about him.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

CECF is back to what it is supposed to be. - Page 2 Empty Re: CECF is back to what it is supposed to be.

Post  dckrsn Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:18 pm

I fully agree with Ron. It is easy to misinterpret someone's posts as upposed to talking to them in person.
Scares the crap out of me sometimes when I think of how I convey myselfe on line. Some of my best friends made
the worst initial impressions.
Bob
Also................Happy Birthday Ron!
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks Bob!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:38 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Thanks Bob!

Did you get your Birthday Popup?

Well, I'll let him back in 2 weeks.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:58 am

Admin wrote:

No, no pop up. Sad

I access the forum through an Iphone so that may be why. No worries though it's the thought that counts!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:00 am

Admin wrote:

Ahhh,,, a little CEF timeout.

The one thing is if he will run away and start flinging poo about this forum and people on the other boards. Then his true colors come out. I guess we get to watch and see.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:26 am

cribbs74 wrote:
Admin wrote:

No, no pop up. Sad

I access the forum through an Iphone so that may be why. No worries though it's the thought that counts!

Happy Birthday you old so and so.
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 am

Happy Birthday!!!

CECF is back to what it is supposed to be. - Page 2 X0zayo10
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 am

The only reason he didn't get banned immediately is because he blindsided us, slipping through without an introduction or even asking the administrator for permission to advertise. We, the staff, will be better prepared next time.

We can moderate and make sure everyone follows the rules, but the members of the community have to come together and make it clear what we expect of our fellow community members and what it means to be a part of it. There is no reason the members of a can't tale a little ownership in their community and let trolls know they are not welcome to run free and create a nuisance. For instance, you don't have to wait for the police every time your neighbor makes a mess.

Next time a troll comes through the door, take it as an opportunity to firm up the backbone of our community. Step up and tell him. I promise others will have your back. Sure, let the forum staff know you are offended, but you don't have to leave it at just that. This is your house.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:25 am

Rusty:

Yes, and I did just that and didn't get a response. I think he know pretty well who I am so "blew off" my comments as a "whino" (his term).

BTW, who is "the bully's mother"? (Again, his term)
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:29 am

SuperDave wrote:Rusty:

Yes, and I did just that and didn't get a response. I think he know pretty well who I am so "blew off" my comments as a "whino" (his term).

BTW, who is "the bully's mother"? (Again, his term)

Yes you did. Hopefully next time more members will get behind you, as this has been a learning experience.
I don't know who the bully's mother is. Likely just juvenile noise.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 am

microflitedude wrote:Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Hey John you got 10 years on me!

As to the topic, did anyone prompt him to do an intro? SuperDave usually makes sure folks do a proper intro. I didn't and maybe I should have. Not trying to defend his actions as he posted some not so nice things about our large supporters Matt and Bernie and maybe a couple members.

I try to see the good in folks even if it's not readily evident. Let's see if he comes back in 2 weeks. If he does I will be sure to promptly message him.

As for now I am going to put this out of my mind.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 am

He dug his own grave if you ask me.

It is good to hear that people who requested the free parts received them, but I would still caution people when buying from him. You will pay less, but I question the quality and advertising of the remaining parts he has to offer.

Matt
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:05 pm

I am with Matt on this one,

Between Reggie, Matt and myself we have purchased thousands of $$'s worth of parts from Tom, propably over $10,000 worth of it. A large portion is R & D material and factory seconds. A good portion of it we managed to salvage as it passed our (less stringent) criteria and often was only of cosmetic nature. Other stuff went into "flawed product" auctions.

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cox-Tee-Dee-09-TD-Stock-Crankshaft-09-/260954535740?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc21a373c

Now, come on lol. If others were new and shiny, would one not use one of those for the listing picture instead of the rusty one?

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Cox International wrote:I am with Matt on this one,

Between Reggie, Matt and myself we have purchased thousands of $$'s worth of parts from Tom, propably over $10,000 worth of it. A large portion is R & D material and factory seconds. A good portion of it we managed to salvage as it passed our (less stringent) criteria and often was only of cosmetic nature. Other stuff went into "flawed product" auctions.

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cox-Tee-Dee-09-TD-Stock-Crankshaft-09-/260954535740?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc21a373c

Now, come on lol. If others were new and shiny, would one not use one of those for the listing picture instead of the rusty one?

cant believe he considers that "new"

mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Bernie/Matt:

So why did Tom "go off" on the forum as he did? (You can PM me if you wish)

Regards,
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Aside from the potential product deficiences, what I found most disturbing is his reason for joining the forum.

I have zero issues with him wanting to sell on here. He can have better pricing, give away merchandise, claim none of his products are not OEM Cox (true) and give people reasons to buy from him. That is not the issue.

The issue I have is that his mindset seems to include wanting to make his competitors look bad. That in itself is a very short-sighted approach but some sellers still use such tactics.

Bad enough, but the allegations include statements about his competitors that are simply untrue (and therefore damaging) and he refuses to correct such when it is pointed out to him; as such he cannot expect me to be sympathetic to his cause.

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/4x-Cox-049-Golden-Babe-Bee-Texaco-Black-Widow-Venturi-Fuel-Tank-Gasket-049-/260953137777?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc204e271

This listing contains a link to our similar product (you have to copy and paste the link into a browser) and states "Compare to Chinese manufactured Bootleg merchandiser"

First, our items are not bootlegged
Second, the venturi gaskets are manucatured in the USA and not China (not that this matters)

It is his maliciousness, his bad-mouthing and his lack of ethics that is bothering me and, I am sure, others as well.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Cox International wrote:Aside from the potential product deficiences, what I found most disturbing is his reason for joining the forum.

I have zero issues with him wanting to sell on here. He can have better pricing, give away merchandise, claim none of his products are not OEM Cox (true) and give people reasons to buy from him. That is not the issue.

The issue I have is that his mindset seems to include wanting to make his competitors look bad. That in itself is a very short-sighted approach but some sellers still use such tactics.

Bad enough, but the allegations include statements about his competitors that are simply untrue (and therefore damaging) and he refuses to correct such when it is pointed out to him; as such he cannot expect me to be sympathetic to his cause.

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/4x-Cox-049-Golden-Babe-Bee-Texaco-Black-Widow-Venturi-Fuel-Tank-Gasket-049-/260953137777?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc204e271

This listing contains a link to our similar product (you have to copy and paste the link into a browser) and states "Compare to Chinese manufactured Bootleg merchandiser"

First, our items are not bootlegged
Second, the venturi gaskets are manucatured in the USA and not China (not that this matters)

It is his maliciousness, his bad-mouthing and his lack of ethics that is bothering me and, I am sure, others as well.

i agree with you on that, he is being a jerk and telling non-sence lies to make his conpetitors look bad, i will not be purchasing anything from him and will stick to bernie and matt for all of my cox engine needs
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:30 pm

SuperDave wrote:Bernie/Matt:

Regards,

No need to PM as what I state can always be shared.

I think it is just Tom's personality.

Also, there is possibly some resentment at our success. About 3 years ago he tried selling his wares on eBay and it was a fiasco and he complained to me about how buyers "don't get it".

Like the time over 50 of his packages (to all over the world) got delivered a month late and he was getting bad feedback.

His story: The post offices screwed up. My story: He sat on payments weeks before shiping. I know because I was having the same problems with him, over and over.

I clicked on some of his youtube links. Perhaps he finds it amusing to shove a live canary into his mouth but myrespect for the animal world is most certainly different.

Anyhow, back to more productive things :
sunny:

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:00 pm

SuperDave wrote:Bernie/Matt:

Regards,

I would agree with what Bernie said about his personality. He seeks attention, and obviously wasn't generating many sales from his limited product listings.

I'll be honest and say I just don't trust the guy anymore. His assertion when he supposedly sold me every last part he had, and I would never see him selling on eBay again, only to see these parts show up again are enough to make me never want to deal with him again. Sure, is it possible he got more parts, maybe, but not probable.

Also, as Bernie has said his listing depict an item that looks used, but is listed as new. That has been my experience when buying parts from him. Sorting through the good and bad was just part of the process.

Matt
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Or as the Japanese would say: "All foam and no beer". KAMPAI!
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:28 pm

microflitedude wrote:Happy Birthday!!!

Hey, you know this is my thing! lol!

Happy Birthday!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

lol!

Thank you!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Ok, I need to post this as it is the right thing to do.

When Tom offered a free part to the first 15 requesters, I was the first to post. I never expected anything and the intention was to be faceteous. He replied "it's on its way" and I thought "yeah right".

Well, the R & D Venom reed arrived today so, in fairness, I have to share this with the forum, admit that I was wrong in thinking that he would not follow through on the freebies and apologize for having publicly insinuated such.
Embarassed
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:55 pm

'Twas the honorable thing to do Bernie and for that I admire you.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next