Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" Cox_ba12

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" Empty
Live on Patrol

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires"

Go down

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" Empty Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires"

Post  Kim Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:35 am

A short sampling of yesterday's fun with the Sky Squires.
More to follow.

"From yesterday's Fun-Fly with the Sky Squires...a few moments with one of the coolest, weirdest, meanest-looking flying machines to come from the folks who gave us the Mustang:
The OV-10 "Bronco"    "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL_UIL3pp9Y&t=2s
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" Empty Re: Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires"

Post  getback Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:53 pm

Yea not a Mustang LOL wild looking ship , I didn't know it was propeller till later in the flight , thought it was Jet ! Seems to bee pretty stable in the air and threw in some rolls too Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" Empty Re: Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires"

Post  Kim Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:23 pm

getback wrote:Yea not a Mustang LOL wild looking ship , I didn't know it was propeller till later in the flight , thought it was Jet ! Seems to bee pretty stable in the air and threw in some rolls too Thumbs Up  

Yes, it's got a fairly wild history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Rockwell_OV-10_Bronco

There also a great book: "Flying Black Ponies"...about their service in Vietnam.

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" Black_10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Amazing flight video of the R/C OV-10 Kim.  I love that aircraft.  We're I 60 years younger, had a couple of million, and owned about 100 acres of flat Nebraska I would have one.  

The OV-10 does not lend itself to control line due to the high mounted elevator, but I'm sure some innovator here could come up with something.

A couple of months ago Mark found me this model at the flea market.  Seller was just wrapping up for the day and was leaving when Mark let him know that he had left the model behind.  "Take it he said, I'm not taking it home."  It was missing both props and spinners, a note off to Bernie fixed that.  .020 props.

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" P1013596

You must have seen this ad in Air Classics.

Another Weekend---Another Fun-Fly...This time with the Marion, Illinois "Sky Squires" P1013595
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:58 am

Bob, Pat King makes some wonderful and quite different not too mention rare control line kits. He offers the OV-10 for 1/2A scale and also a .15-.20 size version. I own several of Pat's kits and they're top notch. Mostly generic looking at first, no boxing, simple cad drawing and no instructions. The high tail isn't a issue as many control line planes are done in similar fashion. Generally a pushrod coming from the wing to a vertically mounted bellcrank on or inside the fuse with a pushrod to the stab. Another plane that comes to mind is the PBY Catalina and the Mig.15. The Mig is more complicated as it has a high stab and a V-tail.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:55 am

Thanks Ken, PM sent.

The OV-10 I pictured was custom made in the Phillipines and goes for around $186.00 used on ebay.  They offer all kinds of military and civilian airplanes marketed mostly to Airmen/Squadrons flying the type.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down