Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share Cox_ba12

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 8:59 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:29 am

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Yesterday at 9:49 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Yesterday at 6:32 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Sun May 12, 2024 8:55 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share Empty
Live on Patrol

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share Empty A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share

Post  SuperDave Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 pm

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share Empty Re: A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 pm

magnificent video, thanks for sharing
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share Empty Re: A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Dave, it brings tears to the eyes of anyone who knows just how much those men, of every nation, have given so that we can live as we do today.

A wonderful and inspirational U-tube too good NOT to share Flags10
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 pm

That was beautiful.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm

microflitedude wrote:That was beautiful.

+1
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 pm

mitch:

The airplanes shown and the pilots that flew them are one of the reasons America is still a free country.

Note in particular the short clip of "Doolittle's Raiders" as they carrier-lauched their B-25 Mitchell bombers prior to their retalitory strike against Japan in 1942. You might find it interesting to read about the raid and the sacrifices the pilots and their crews made once it was completed.

The story of their heroism is told in the film "Thirty Seconds over Tokyo".

BTW, I'm old enough to vividly remember most of the events of WWII so my heart swelled with pride when I fist saw this on U-tube. I'm very pleased that it brought others to the realizations that they have expressed here on CECF.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:11 pm

SuperDave wrote:mitch:

The airplanes shown and the pilots that flew them are one of the reasons America is still a free country.

Note in particular the short clip of "Doolittle's Raiders" as they carrier-lauched their B-25 Mitchell bombers prior to their retalitory strike against Japan in 1942. You might find it interesting to read about the raid and the sacrifices the pilots and their crews made once it was completed.

BTW, I'm old enough to vividly remember most of the events of WWII so my heart swelled with pride when I fist saw this on U-tube. I'm very pleased that it brought others to the realizations that they have expressed here on CECF.

thanks Dave, the doolittle raid is very amasing to me because they can launch a full scale bomber of the flight decks of a aircraft carrier desighned for smaller fighter planes
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:32 pm

mitch:

You might finding interesting to know that the B-25 Mitchell bomber was named for General Billy Mitchell who demonstrated the superiority of air power by sinking a captured WWI German battleship in 1924. The conventional wisdom of the time was that battleships could triumph over any other military weapon.

When Mitchell first proposed his idea he was court-martialed by his military superiors (another interesting read for you) Smile Finally Mitchell was granted permission to attempt sinking a battleship with bombs dropped from an aircraft.

(EDIT: Lauching from the USS Langley (the first US aircaft Carrier), he did, the battleship sank and Mitchell became a legendary figure in military air power.

Last edited by SuperDave on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 pm

You might finding interesting to know that the B-25 Mitchell bomber was named for General Billy Mitchell who demonstrated the superiority of air power by sinking a captured WWI German battleship in 1924. The conventional wisdom of the time was that battleships could triumph over any other military weapon.

When Mitchell first proposed his idea he was court-martialed by his military superiors (another interesting read for you) Smile Finally Mitchell was granted permission to attempt sinking a battleship with bombs dropped from an aircraft.

He did, the battleship sank and Mitchell became a legendary figure in military air power.

wow i did not know that thank you
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 pm

General Mitchell also has a long history as a civilian pilot as well leading up to WWII involvement. Pretty interesting guy. Check him out on Wiki.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 pm

cribbs74 wrote:General Mitchell also has a long history as a civilian pilot as well leading up to WWII involvement. Pretty interesting guy. Check him out on Wiki.

i will check him out on wiki later, but for now me and my mom are going to hobby lobby in a few minutes, thanks for the suggestions and information
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:27 pm

mitchg95 wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:General Mitchell also has a long history as a civilian pilot as well leading up to WWII involvement. Pretty interesting guy. Check him out on Wiki.

i will check him out on wiki later, but for now me and my mom are going to hobby lobby in a few minutes, thanks for the suggestions and information

Well, that's cool too..... Very Happy
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:20 pm

bounce

https://www.youtube.com/v/RU1oB8sGyYM

I'd like to run this through again for those who might a have missed it. Be sure to turn on your speakers!

It should bring tears to you eyes as it did mine.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:56 pm

I've been trying to buy the CD that this track is from, "Song Pilot" by Dwayne O'Brien, his webside says it's sold out, and the only CD shop on the Web which sells it is closed due to illness. That is REALLY frustrating! If anyone has any idea where I could get this CD, please let me know.

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Wilf:

PM sent re:CD. I scored.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:55 pm

SuperDave wrote:Wilf:

PM sent re:CD. I scored.

Thanks Dave, PM sent
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Gotta love those P51's.
Cracking Vid Wilf

Flying
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 pm

John Goddard wrote:Gotta love those P51's.
Cracking Vid Wilf

Flying

Not mine, John, Dave posted it, I'm very glad he found it!

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Yes, I noticed that omission but I was gentleman enough not to complain but Wilf has corrected himself so all is right and harmony prevails in "Camelot".

Hug! Hug! Laughing
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Doolittle's Raiders did much of their training here in Columbia, South Carolina, my home town. We have honored them many times. They had a huge anniversary ceremony a few years ago and are usually here for annual parades. Many of us here in Columbia have had a chance to meet and thank the surviving members of the Raiders.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkGzqpGx1KU

Lest not forget the boys on the ground. Good luck holding back.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 am

PV:

I don't disregard the support element at all. War is 90% logistics dull as it may appear.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 am

PV:

Where did I put my box of Kleenex?

A VERY proud AMERICAN who stands by his country,
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:09 am

GOTCHA!!,,lol. Your not human if that one doesent affect you. Truly heartwarming.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 am

I was pleased that the very first aircraft seen was a Spitfire in British D-Day Invasion markings, it also appears fleetingly later in the video, and the combat clip of wing cannon firing is a Hawker Hurricane, can't mistake 20mm Hispano cannon!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next