Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by roddie Today at 4:33 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by latole Today at 4:28 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Tigercat RC pylon racer build project

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:13 pm

András, glad to see you had a blast flying your new creation until the crack of dusk. Sounds like you have a really nice sport flyer there, not as fast as the latest speedster of yours, but still fun. Perhaps with its excellent handling characteristics, may become your windy weather flyer of choice? Or for relaxed flying on a calm day?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project - Page 3 Empty Re: Tigercat RC pylon racer build project

Post  MauricioB Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:11 am

Very good András, I am glad to know that everything is going very well.
I hope video of flights to enjoy friend!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:42 am

George, Mauricio,  thank you!

Yes, at around 46 years  this is a kind of young antique plane, and my expectations were not to have a superfast flyer...even I feel better if I am in control of the flight without being in stress...honestly I was a bit worried before the maiden flight, because of some unknowns like how thi thin FRP body will propagate vibrations and kill my servos like I experienced with a modern pylon racer the VooDoo that I have converted from electric  to glow fuel..or how the nose will plow the "runway" upon landing...but all these fears disappeared as plane and its pilot are getting acquainted ..

Now I will decorate it a bit and select a new TeeDee from my stable, run it in and off we go for a video soon..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:24 am

Why are you changing the engine out / something Hotter !? What were the RPMs on the test run or did you ck. it ? RC Plane Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:05 am

Eric,

The TeeDee currently in the Tigercat is a fairly used one, with a bit of compression loss when hot. It swings the 5x4 black COX prop at about 20.5k on the ground, and unloads near 22k I guess. It's crankcase is a bit worn because of electric starter use by the previous owner. I added the shims but the axial play is too much, the prop almost touches the cowl front. (The motor mount holes on the Tatone mount were pre-drilled, if it was for me, I would have placed the engine a few millimeters further ahead

So in short, the Tigercat may deserve a hotter TeeDee.. RC Plane
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:20 am

Poor weather forcing my planes to stay on ground, I added some deco to the Tigercat. Designed then printed on self adhesive foil.

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project - Page 3 20221015
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:12 am

That's sweet , i had to look up the self adhesive foil. Is this the stuff ? don't say nothing about printing on it ? >> https://www.amazon.com/12x78Chrome-Mirror-Silver-Sticker-Self-adhesive/dp/B00LY81CAY/ref=asc_df_B00LY81CAY/?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dragnse7en Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:23 am

That's a wicked sleek looking racer that you refurbished.

Also you taught me something new about storing planes. The rack is simple and genius! I've got two closets in my bedroom and only use one, and thanks to you I now know where I can put them.
dragnse7en
dragnse7en
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:27 am

getback wrote:That's sweet , i had to look up the self adhesive foil. Is this the stuff ? don't say nothing about printing on it ? >> https://www.amazon.com/12x78Chrome-Mirror-Silver-Sticker-Self-adhesive/dp/B00LY81CAY/ref=asc_df_B00LY81CAY/?

Eric,

the foil (plastic) I use is an Avery product called Crystal Clear label, that I guess is available in the US too, at least here is an ebay seller in the US:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113860445407?hash=item1a829c84df:g:ne0AAOSwWYBdXF1L&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4I3w2L7Ozhjrx%2BjgOFLHOZyC1WWLtoCUvu9FDrkYS8OQMFiJmcqwwP2gxXcCvTsxsnWTdarcLKWQQrntJBU6BQOvfsBwV0MgyEEnixskKE%2BXjbEif3dQQFZptCbgWpGgZLITNU8vOReRweJuoWFTETxABVUHpS%2B9LSoCzaswO8DqpcFiqoV9O8QVKtu%2B1v1Mt3kGmWummjSRs0rYeasjj8bqSgbFyz8RDzs2FgsFoRPNewASPvJlB%2F6YIagp1F%2FjqdFpFEFBDxZtU3EW8ykLTot3a%2BM%2BmMlafnH3Gxa%2BRkDe%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-7km7SEYQ
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 am

OK got you now I have used this in sheets , first cup Oh Joe sorry Old Bugger
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 am

dragnse7en wrote:That's a wicked sleek looking racer that you refurbished.

Also you taught me something new about storing planes.  The rack is simple and genius!  I've got two closets in my bedroom and only use one, and thanks to you I now know where I can put them.

Thanks, the more I fly this antique racer from 1976, the more I like it.. hence the added decoration I feel it now deserves...the rack is a repurposed, movable cloth hanger rolling on 4 wheels, that stores up to 10  planes (1/4A and 1/2A sizes) in a very footprint-efficient way, and prevents dusting - though I try to keep these planes more active than letting them collect dust. Very Happy

Tigercat RC pylon racer build project - Page 3 20221013

I mate a few - maybe 2...4 -  cable zip ties into a loop around the hanger frame top, zip tie size and number depend on the diameter of the prop on the respective plane, that hooks  into the loop, and the planes hang down suspended by their props...light planes,  the heaviest Cosmic Wind with the TeeDee09 in the nose up to maybe 1.5 pounds ,  so the prop will not be permanently bent under the weight even after a lasting suspension..added on most planes are zip-lock bags pulled over their COX engines with no cowl or muffler, as a hood to protect them from dust - just in case their master is lazy to get the plane to the field for too long.-
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3