Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Need a very loud shop stereo system fed by my PC - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Need a very loud shop stereo system fed by my PC - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Simple Gliders
by getback Today at 7:13 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by getback Today at 6:24 am

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by getback Today at 6:23 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Need a very loud shop stereo system fed by my PC - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Need a very loud shop stereo system fed by my PC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wanted Re: Need a very loud shop stereo system fed by my PC

Post  fredvon4 Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:51 pm

Well POO! my Amazon sourced Sony Str DH 190 stereo amp arrived as did the E-bay 50 buck Rockville 4ohm speakers.

Got a new set of 50 buck 6 Ohms speakers on the way as the Sony will not be happy driving the 4 ohm speakers (the Sony needs 6 to 16 ohm load)

Currently researching in line high watt 3~5 ohm resistors to place in line with the 4 ohm speakers so may end up with 4 speakers instead of 2 if I can impedance match all 4

Sometimes it is a challenge to be frugal.....grin

Funny side story you all may enjoy:

When we soldiers are deployed around the world some times we enjoy significantly reduced prices on things imported to the USA and some times we are Ganked with a pure rip off (mostly unknown until we get home and open the box.

one year I went TDY (tremp duty) to Korea with a team of trainers. While there we went into Seoul and one of my guys bought a Giant assed stereo Quadraphonic receiver / amp for $150 ( same face panel as the Sansui Model 90-90 DB that usually sold state side PX for $480ish

Back at Fort Hood my guys asked me to come help. At his off base apartment I helped him un box the monster and start setting it up. Once we had all his speakers connected we turned it on and the sound was horrid. Fused around a lot and eventually opened up the Amp.... surprise surprise! the interior was a very cheap stereo works out of a typical Sony Walkman sized radio and two large hunks of concrete..... power handling of all around 3 watts......But hey the enclosure and face plate were real cool with a lot of knobs, buttons and VU meters. We got a grand laugh and at least the Army paid to ship the 45ish pound crap to the USA
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Wanted Stereos on the cheap

Post  706jim Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:51 pm

The way things are going in my city, you would be able to buy a complete home theatre system for next to nothing. One guy had one with 5 speakers amp and sub for $125 and he will be lucky to even get that. Everything now is "soundbars".

I have a Marantz system with a zillion functions and I've hated it since it was purchased.

Maybe that's why?
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:31 pm

Impatient Fred set up the Sony amp and mis matched 4 ohm speakers and logged onto you tube and hit first offering, a top gun tune....yes I did crank it up and the gal singing Take My Breath Away came through nice and loud and sonically clear......Mindful to NOT max out the amp into the mismatched load I am fairly happy with this low cost solution...I suspect when the 6 ohm speakers arrive I can drive All 4 in A+B mode for a bigger sound stage

So to recap My search for More Power (Cue Tim Taylor grunt) is for now semi successful

Sony Stereo Amp RH190 $150
Off brand 4ohm Rockville bookshelf 6.5" bass and 1 inch tweeter for $38
so far my Throttling has NOT over temped the amp and very noticeably louder than the relatively more expensive Klipsch 2.1 THX computer speaker system

On the way a el cheapo set of 6Ohm 6.5" bass speakers for $50ish that might just jack into the L/R out puts and run in A+B mode for 4 speaker total....I suspect I can really fill the shop with clear crisp LOUD Danger Zone music and (hopefully) not over indulge and let any smoke out of the amp...We will see
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2