Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  Cox_ba12

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  Empty
Live on Patrol

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey

Go down

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  Empty Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey

Post  rsv1cox Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:30 pm

Cox Models
Discussion about Cox model airplanes, boats, cars, helicopters...chainsaws......
Cox Beaver Chainsaw

A little modification music please Jacob.  Smile Smile

Thank you Levent, you make my life so much easier!

Protective cardboards secured with an engineers preciseness.  Those are rubber bands perfectly positioned.

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  P1016237

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  P1016239

A perfect fit.

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  P1016238

I will have to remove the starter mechanism and heat from the inside and peel-off the old emblem and quickly apply the new one.  

Thanks again Levent, these will make these old classic Cox chainsaws.

Brought one down to the local chain saw/small engine repair shop and showed it off. (I was looking for points and a condenser)  He called to a fellow in the back who is a vintage chainsaw collector but he had never held one.  Didn't want to let it go.  Was impressed with the build quality for the time and the lightness.  Remember no do-dads like a chain brake etc.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  Empty Re: Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey

Post  Admin Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:17 pm

Those look great!

No luck finding a usable points and condenser?

I beat you to it:

In the Slot Cars, Trains, and other Cox Products forum

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  Forum_12

I see there's another Chainsaw listed: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186082517324  Cox Beaver Chainsaw

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  Empty Re: Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey

Post  getback Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:49 am

Those decals look great Levent , Bob you done a good job with the clean up rebuild of the Beaver 140 Points / condenser hummm
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:50 am

getback wrote:Those decals look great Levent , Bob you done a good job with the clean up rebuild of the Beaver 140 Points / condenser hummm  

Thanks Eric, labor of love. Smile

Missed that Jacob. Probably been there for years and I never noticed it, or noticed it and forgot it probably more likely.

I might bid on it, has the fuel tank on the opposite side otherwise I would not think of it. I don't want to be dragged in to "collecting" chainsaws. For me they are just a tool. (Unless they are 50+ years old:))

Mark keeps me well supplied. He bought these two at a flea market. $5,00 each. You can't turn that down.

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  P1016241

The yellow one was advertized as not working. We gassed it up, pulled the starter and cut up a downed tree. Smile The red one is missing points and condenser.

Stopped by the Stihl dealer yesterday and picked up a new 20" to cut up some of the really big trees. My well used 16" struggles with those. It won't look new for long so I took a picture. Dealer gassed and oiled it and we started it in the parking lot.

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  P1016242
Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  P1016243

While at the dealer I bought some yellow/orange? paint, going to tear it down and rebuild it. Vintage but top of the line with options not found on most. No safety features either. Smile

Beaver, model 140 emblems arrive from Turkey  P1016244

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:44 am

Nice fetches by your son, Bob, good match on paint color, too. Craftsman is a Sears stencil brand, wonder who really made it (Stihl?). Example, my 25-YO Craftsman 3.5 HP w/25 gal. tank air compressor was made by DeVilbiss. (Kenmore, same deal on appliances.)

I thought I missed out when several years later, they advertised same tank air compressor at 6.5 HP, then found some deceptive labeling. It was the same HP electric motor with new cover plastic.

They were listing the compressor HP based on its electric motor stall speed instead of its maximum effective working HP (Same air supply characteristics.)

It's more salesman lies (today called marketing). Doh! lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:13 pm

It was made by Roper George. Mark did the research.

We owned a Roper riding lawn-mower once. Nothing good to report about it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:31 pm

Roper, interesting Bob. Never had their power tools, but we had their clothes dryer 30 years ago, was OK for an economy model. Roper, Admiral, once separate companies, now all Whirlpool brands along with Maytag.

(We bought their Neptune 1st model high efficiency washer. It was so problem ridden that it bankrupted Maytag. Dumped the $1,000 bucket of bolts after its 3rd major breakdown in 7 years, bought an Admiral standard washer at Home Depot in 2008 for $275, worked flawlessly for over a decade, now in second life at Salvation Army. Their 20 YO washer that I repaired 6 years ago finally quit.)

Nevertheless, congrats on the collection of now lesser known small historical chainsaws. Thumbs Up
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:22 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Roper, interesting Bob. Never had their power tools, but we had their clothes dryer 30 years ago, was OK for an economy model. Roper, Admiral, once separate companies, now all Whirlpool brands along with Maytag.

(We bought their Neptune 1st model high efficiency washer. It was so problem ridden that it bankrupted Maytag. Dumped the $1,000 bucket of bolts after its 3rd major breakdown in 7 years, bought an Admiral standard washer at Home Depot in 2008 for $275, worked flawlessly for over a decade, now in second life at Salvation Army. Their 20 YO washer that I repaired 6 years ago finally quit.)

Nevertheless, congrats on the collection of now lesser known small historical chainsaws. Thumbs Up

The last "good" washing machine that we owned was a center agitiator model.  I have forgotten who made it, but it was a named model.  (Remembered - Kelvinator) You couldn't kill it and it never failed.  Bought the new styled no agitator Whirlpool and if you over-loaded it even by a single tee-shirt it would bump off and quit.  Switched to a similar LG model that proved to be worse.

Listed as a "High efficiency" eco model it fails in every regard.  Spinning, it will get up to speed then pause, doing it all over again and losing all that gained momentom and wasting energy.  Then, if it bumps off it will fill and empty over and over again until the cows come home.

I have to watch over it like a hawk or it could drain my well. When it does, which is often I curse the engineer that designed it hoping that my rage makes it all the way over to Korea or where-ever. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:50 pm

Bob, we went Korean and after donating the Admiral upright nonefficient agitator washer bought a Samsung. Thus far after 4 years, still works fine.

Admiral, well, I did replace the temperature control valve after 8 years, but we have extra hard water (from water company's wells). I replaced it for under $40 on-line parts order. Since, still working well. When I first bought it, did some calculations and found that although it used more water, overall given the cost of water, it was still cheaper in the long run than the investment I'd make in a water saving washer to replace the defunct Maytag.

(In 2008, I took the Magtag Neptune to the city's recycling center and paid the $7 dump fee. No sooner I had pushed it off into drop-off, an owner of a children's home came in his pickup loaded with 4 of the same exact model to drop off. Check with own eyes Then I didn't feel so bad.)  Cool

Simplicity (no fancy computers, even has gentle cycle) equates to reliability. Clean my glasses Old Bugger This Site Rocks!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down