Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Cox_ba12

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Today at 8:58 pm

» Tired of it all…
by Admin Today at 8:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Empty
Live on Patrol

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video

Go down

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Empty The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video

Post  Kim Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:52 am

The Breezy Hill Flyers held their "Frozen Finger Fun-Fly" on a cold and foggy Saturday near Chester, Illinois.

We got a really good turn-out, especially considering the weather, and had a big time running out to fly planes, then running back to our tarped-off pavilion to warm up.

Added to that was a hot dinner of chili and soup, along with some special cider, made up by Billy Lang.  The snow (that was supposed to already be gone) gradually melted through the morning, and we kept flying and thawing 'till mid-afternoon.

Another great time and another batch of great memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwDv_B__Qck

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Dsc_0185

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Dsc_0181
The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Dsc_0182

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Dsc_0184
The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Dsc_0183

I didn't want to monopolize the video with my flying stuff, so will have another video and set of photos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Empty Re: The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video

Post  Kim Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:37 pm

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video Empty Re: The Breezy Hill "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly" 2nd Video

Post  rdw777 Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:53 am

Reminds me of our old club when we had one…. Chili on cold day sounds nice, I made a big pot last night!!….Big Blue has some big rollers for rough terrain or snow!!!…..Very scale like flier including the engine’s sound …. Thumbs Up
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:59 am

I love the "castor slinging" Big Blue (about 1:58 in) and the Komet which I thought would be twitcy but proves to be quite stable. The Piet is a thing of beauty.

Thanks for sharing.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:48 am

Thank You Guys!!!  

I try really hard to appreciate the rarity of events like our "Frozen Fingers Fun-Fly", as these moments are disappearing.  Mauricio's note about Aeromodeling drives this home, as time passes and our "Old School" gradually goes away.

I count myself as being super-lucky to have joined up with these great guys.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:07 am

It looked cold with that snow on the ground Snowman But with the clearing later was a blessing and the girls bringing hot food for lunch Yum ! Its is very inspiring to see you guys out there in the freezing cold fling models , I see there was alot of elect but a least out fling none the less .. The Ronson was on board for you Kim did you have any problems getting the .60 started ? Thanks for the entertainment ! RC Plane This Site Rocks! Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:19 am

getback wrote:It looked cold with that snow on the ground Snowman  But with the clearing later was a blessing and the girls bringing hot food for lunch Yum !  Its is very inspiring to see you guys out there in the freezing cold fling models , I see there was alot of elect but a least out fling none the less .. The Ronson was on board for you Kim did you have any problems getting the .60 started ? Thanks for the entertainment ! RC Plane This Site Rocks! Popcorn

Hey Eric,
Yeah, it was pretty sharp when I got there, but the saving grace was the low wind.  I had run a cord to the pavilion and, with a space heater in the van, was able to set up stuff in relative comfort.  What breeze we had was coming from the west, so most of our takeoffs were from the astroturf, with landings across the runway.

The O.S. on Big Blue IS pretty cranky when it's been cold-soaked overnight, and my power panel has a habit of blowing out glow plugs if cranked too high, so the lighter fluid gets used, and actually passed around to the other castor slinger pilots.  I think I discovered its use here or maybe over on RC Groups a few years ago.

Once started the .60 runs great in the cold air, and I've now gotten its idle and throws set up properly.  I intend (when I get REALLY frisky) to rotate it 90 degrees, so its exhaust is pointing down, below the fuselage, like Mud Dabber's.  That will take a warm shop an a lot of hot chocolate!

Thanks for your note!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:59 am

Kim wrote:The O.S. on Big Blue IS pretty cranky when it's been cold-soaked overnight, and my power panel has a habit of blowing out glow plugs if cranked too high, so the lighter fluid gets used, and actually passed around to the other castor slinger pilots.  I think I discovered its use here or maybe over on RC Groups a few years ago.
Kim, do you mean that a cigarette lighter is used to prewarm the engine heads, or, a small quantity of lighter fluid is added to the fuel to improve its combustibility in cold temperatures?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:59 am

Looks like y’all had fun , thank for the Video Kim RC Plane
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:20 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:
Kim wrote:The O.S. on Big Blue IS pretty cranky when it's been cold-soaked overnight, and my power panel has a habit of blowing out glow plugs if cranked too high, so the lighter fluid gets used, and actually passed around to the other castor slinger pilots.  I think I discovered its use here or maybe over on RC Groups a few years ago.
Kim, do you mean that a cigarette lighter is used to prewarm the engine heads, or, a small quantity of lighter fluid is added to the fuel to improve its combustibility in cold temperatures?

I shoot a small squirt of Ronsonol down the carb intake.  Seems to work.  Haven't tried it on 1.2A's.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down