Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Mccoy 19 What model is it? Cox_ba12

Mccoy 19 What model is it? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 5:36 pm

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 5:36 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 3:38 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 2:42 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 2:22 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Mccoy 19 What model is it? Empty
Live on Patrol

Mccoy 19 What model is it?

Go down

Mccoy 19 What model is it? Empty Mccoy 19 What model is it?

Post  davidll1984 Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:56 am

Hello, I have this question regarding an engine that I have had for a while, while I was cleaning it, I noticed a small detail that had escaped my attention at first glance. I have this mccoy 19 but mising two screw  to secure the front part of the engine casing with the rotary valve and a fuel tank similar to a mccoy .9 my problem is that I don't know what model of engine it is exactly I check on scepter flight engine test but can't find this model Very old must be from the 50s mabe older ?The detail that I talked about at the beginning is the fact that this engine has two ring on the piston The engine has great compression in fact I think it is new which indicates this to me is the fact that the  mounting lugs has No trace of bolt so I believe it was never used Mccoy 19 What model is it? 17119710
Mccoy 19 What model is it? 17119711
Mccoy 19 What model is it? 17119712
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Mccoy 19 What model is it? Empty Re: Mccoy 19 What model is it?

Post  dan vincent Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:29 am

It was called the McCoy .19 Stunt.

They also had an angled rear intake model called the McCoy 19 Sportsman and a Red Head RRV, BB called the Red Head .19.
dan vincent
dan vincent
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:30 pm

It's a Duromatic McCoy .19, made prior to the Red Heads, prior to company sale to Testors. Date, early 1950's I imagine. Heard they were better than the later Testor Red Heads.

I had an NOS .29, gave it last year to a friend who still builds C/L, now toward the dusk of his life, thought it would encourage him. I have enough of a cache of .35's cross scavenge and .20 - .25 Schneurles for C/L, that I could part with this nice engine.

This forum thread makes for an interesting read on Dick McCoy's history:

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/so-what-about-mccoy-engines/msg180128/#msg180128

You may need membership to view the photos, but joining is free.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:04 pm

Thank you for your help both I found the model and I have a photo of what it should look like.  
The duromatic name helped me find But it's this model Mccoy 19 What model is it? Scree198
Mccoy 19 What model is it? Scree197
The box says new mccoy ??? So what would this be a model from the 50s?
I tried to find an exploded view of this engine or description sheet I couldn't find for this model
I have another stunt model with a red head but it is completely different from this super stunt I am sure that this engine is new I think I saw the tank in the bottom of the box
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:48 pm

Duromatic was the name of Dick McCoy's company. For the engine to be labled a McCoy, just think of its as "The Real McCoy". Very Happy

Maybe someone here more intimate with knowledge of Dick's company could chime in. Clean my glasses
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:49 pm

I dug deeper into the treasures box and found other stuf . Find The fuel tank inside look new !
Mccoy 19 What model is it? 17120010
and another .19 that look like new with the same type of cylinder, same piston with two rings
this one is a red head 19 RR Mccoy 19 What model is it? 17120011
You can clearly see the difference in color, one is shiny, the other is Half half using and dull, dark matte finish . ?? Huh... As with this .29 rc without baffle all three engines must be rarer or I'm mistaken
Because I can't find mutch engine test on them !!Mccoy 19 What model is it? 17120012
On the carburator its say DYNAMIC models
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:58 pm

Consider yourself fortunate, Dave, you own some of the rarer niceties of the 1950's. Dick McCoy from what I heard was also into speed engines.

That thimble sized aluminum tank for direct mounting to the back of the .29 would lend itself to free flight, IMO. Late 1940's to early 1950's, free flight was still a viable sport in the western world.

I imagine that .29 would take a free flight competition model up to its highest climb in short order, to give it a lengthy glide. For a sport modeller, the tank would simplify fuel plumbing considerably.

I don't know if @sosam117, @ian1954 or @Ken Cook would know any more on it, perhaps a few others. Huh...
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:55 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Consider yourself fortunate, Dave, you own some of the rarer niceties of the 1950's. Dick McCoy from what I heard was also into speed engines.

That thimble sized aluminum tank for direct mounting to the back of the .29 would lend itself to free flight, IMO. Late 1940's to early 1950's, free flight was still a viable sport in the western world.

I imagine that .29 would take a free flight competition model up to its highest climb in short order, to give it a lengthy glide. For a sport modeller, the tank would simplify fuel plumbing considerably.

I don't know if @sosam117, @ian1954 or @Ken Cook would know any more on it, perhaps a few others. Huh...
Ho wow I knew that I had something different and a little special in addition the two engines are like new one is probably never used the other less certain it seems polished ! ? But both have a very good compression even When I wanted to rotate with my fingers it was impossible to complete a rotation only with something to have more grip at that moment I saw how precise the tolerances of this engine were for an engine with rings I am very surprise that the propeller escaped m'y finger when the piston suddenly came back down after a complete revolution Shocked I already had a McCoy engine but the model looked more like a block This changes the idea I had of these engine models
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down