Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

cox rc car wanted Cox_ba12

cox rc car wanted Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by aspeed Today at 8:06 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

cox rc car wanted Empty
Live on Patrol

cox rc car wanted

Go down

cox rc car wanted Empty cox rc car wanted

Post  mitchg95 Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:32 am

hi, i have been looking to get a cox powered model car for a while now and i thought i would post a wanted topic here.
i would like any cox model car, tether line or rc (rc preferred). i am in a bind for $$$ right now, as i owe $150 to my dad and uncle. So i can not pay cash, i am willing to trade some of my larger model engines for one of these model cars powered by cox motors. I have some larger ones like a os15, os46la, irvine 46 with all papers and origonal box, and i even have a super tigre s2000 that i would be willing to trade... Thats right i am willing to trade my much beloved 25cc engine for a .049 powered model car
thanks guys
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

cox rc car wanted Empty Trades

Post  dankar04 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:04 am

You might want to join RC groups and sell your bigger engines. Some here may have interest not sure. RC Cox car will not be cheap and two stokes are not getting good $$. Many RC 'ers going to electric. Another way is possible part time job. I worked any and every time someone needed yard work/ painting/ etc. Just an idea. Yes I went to school also. Just trying to give a little advice and don't get upset its no big thing. You want a TD .010 also, they are not cheap and few want to part with them. Ebay has attension world wide.
Good luck, and do well.
Dan
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

cox rc car wanted Empty Re: cox rc car wanted

Post  Cox International Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:33 am

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

cox rc car wanted Empty Car

Post  dankar04 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:41 am

Thats a Mite Car from 50's. They had Cameron .09. Some had McCoy.19's R/H . These were teather cars and seen one run once. Pretty cool and quick.
Dan
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:23 pm

dankar04 wrote:You might want to join RC groups and sell your bigger engines. Some here may have interest not sure. RC Cox car will not be cheap and two stokes are not getting good $$. Many RC 'ers going to electric. Another way is possible part time job. I worked any and every time someone needed yard work/ painting/ etc. Just an idea. Yes I went to school also. Just trying to give a little advice and don't get upset its no big thing. You want a TD .010 also, they are not cheap and few want to part with them. Ebay has attension world wide.
Good luck, and do well.
Dan

yeah, luckly i have a job in the summer mowing my grandmothers 1/3 acre yard for $50 per mowing. i did not ask for that much, thats what she wanted to give me
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:51 pm

I mow yards as a "job". I usually get $10 an hour. Most of it goes into my savings account. It's great excercise, too.

Just something to think about.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:57 pm

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw that price!!! I knew I should have kept mine. LOL I got the GTP version from Tower Hobbies back in 1989. built it and painted it in the Miller Lite color scheme. It was a cool looking car. Unfortunately they were on the heavy side, a pain in the @** to get running with that zip starter setup. And when it did start, the throttle wasn't very responsive and they were slow. At least the one I had was slow.

Shawn

Last edited by sdjjadk on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

cox rc car wanted Empty RC car

Post  dankar04 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am

Whats going on with ebay is just crazy. There are buyers who just will pay and don't care. Cox RC car stuff was nothing that good. As long as a few put down large amounts for what they want we all will pay if we want item that bad. lol!
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 am

Hey Mitch, Bastiaan (Mr_Cox) has several of the Nissans still boxed, some with OEM radio and some without. Maybe shoot him a PM and see where he stands with those.

Also to anyone else who might want one,,
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am

PV Pilot wrote:Hey Mitch, Bastiaan (Mr_Cox) has several of the Nissans still boxed, some with OEM radio and some without. Maybe shoot him a PM and see where he stands with those.

Also to anyone else who might want one,,

cool will do, thanks
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_cox Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 am

sdjjadk wrote:

I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw that price!!! I knew I should have kept mine. LOL I got the GTP version from Tower Hobbies back in 1989. built it and painted it in the Miller Lite color scheme. It was a cool looking car. Unfortunately they were on the heavy side, a pain in the @** to get running with that zip starter setup. And when it did start, the throttle wasn't very responsive and they were slow. At least the one I had was slow.

Shawn

This one is on for months now.

I listed one a couple of months ago which went for about 400$. It was a NIB but without the controllers. The sealed package i got with Sidewinder remote will be worth about 550$.

mr_cox
mr_cox
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://coxengines.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 am

mitchg95 wrote:hi, i have been looking to get a cox powered model car for a while now and i thought i would post a wanted topic here.
i would like any cox model car, tether line or rc (rc preferred). i am in a bind for $$$ right now, as i owe $150 to my dad and uncle. So i can not pay cash, i am willing to trade some of my larger model engines for one of these model cars powered by cox motors. I have some larger ones like a os15, os46la, irvine 46 with all papers and origonal box, and i even have a super tigre s2000 that i would be willing to trade... Thats right i am willing to trade my much beloved 25cc engine for a .049 powered model car
thanks guys

I found some COX tether car gears that I thought were thrown away a while back, so I now have a spare running COX chassis for sale. I sent you a PM.
Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 am

sdjjadk wrote:
mitchg95 wrote:hi, i have been looking to get a cox powered model car for a while now and i thought i would post a wanted topic here.
thanks guys

I found some COX tether car gears that I thought were thrown away a while back, so I now have a spare running COX chassis for sale. I sent you a PM.
Shawn

cool, i sent one back
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 am

Mitch:

Have you ever been around powered tether cars in operation?

IMO, they are rather dull compared to RC or CL airplanes. All they can do is go "roundy- round". Suggest getting you finances tended to before you venture into tether cars.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

SuperDave wrote:Mitch:

Have you ever been around powered tether cars in operation?

IMO, they are rather dull compared to RC or CL airplanes. All they can do is go "roundy- round". Suggest getting you finances tended to before you venture into tether cars.

i have never been around a tethered car except the ones in the cases at antique stores
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Mitch:

There are things in life that are more fun wanting than having especially if they are beyond your financial means.

I'd like a new Volvo AWD wagon but I refuse to spend that much money on a vehicle. Same with a Honda Odessey van.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:02 pm

SuperDave wrote:Mitch:

There are things in life that are more fun wanting than having especially if they are beyond your financial means.

I'd like a new Volvo AWD wagon but I refuse to spend that much money on a vehicle. Same with a Honda Odessey van.

i get what you mean Dave, im going to get my debts payed off then ill continue my search for a cox car
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

cox rc car wanted Empty cox rc car?

Post  happydad Wed May 30, 2012 11:58 pm

mitch: are you dead set on a gas powered cox RC car or just interested in RC cars? Starter Electric cars are much, much cheaper if you just want to "race" an RC car. Also high end Electrics are usually faster. I'm sure I'll take criticism here. For instance compare fast real gas cars and the electric Tesla car. It can go 160 MPH. not for long, but it can really go fast. Electric 1/10 scale model cars can cost $1000.00 for the latest, fastest setup, (you need a big heatsinked ESC), but they can go really, really fast. you can also get a decent electric car setup for under $50.00 that will go fast enough to chase cars in the street, (a really, really stupid idea). big cars run over little cars.
my point is what do you really want? an RC cox gas car or a cheap RC car to race around for a while, then put on the shelf. Been there, done that. hope this helps. happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Thu May 31, 2012 5:31 pm

happydad wrote:mitch: are you dead set on a gas powered cox RC car or just interested in RC cars? Starter Electric cars are much, much cheaper if you just want to "race" an RC car. Also high end Electrics are usually faster. I'm sure I'll take criticism here. For instance compare fast real gas cars and the electric Tesla car. It can go 160 MPH. not for long, but it can really go fast. Electric 1/10 scale model cars can cost $1000.00 for the latest, fastest setup, (you need a big heatsinked ESC), but they can go really, really fast. you can also get a decent electric car setup for under $50.00 that will go fast enough to chase cars in the street, (a really, really stupid idea). big cars run over little cars.
my point is what do you really want? an RC cox gas car or a cheap RC car to race around for a while, then put on the shelf. Been there, done that. hope this helps. happydad

Futaba Radio

thanks for the reply, i have been into rc cars and what not for about 5 years and have 1 gas powered car (hpi baja 5b clone) and 2 electric cars that need work
im looking for a rc cox gas car that i can drive around and sit on the shelf for display when im not using it
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

cox rc car wanted Empty re: 2-3 channel radio wanted by jsesere

Post  happydad Thu May 31, 2012 6:53 pm

mitchg95 wrote:
happydad wrote:mitch: are you dead set on a gas powered cox RC car or just interested in RC cars? Starter Electric cars are much, much cheaper if you just want to "race" an RC car. Also high end Electrics are usually faster. I'm sure I'll take criticism here. For instance compare fast real gas cars and the electric Tesla car. It can go 160 MPH. not for long, but it can really go fast. Electric 1/10 scale model cars can cost $1000.00 for the latest, fastest setup, (you need a big heatsinked ESC), but they can go really, really fast. you can also get a decent electric car setup for under $50.00 that will go fast enough to chase cars in the street, (a really, really stupid idea). big cars run over little cars.

Futaba Radio

thanks for the reply, i have been into rc cars and what not for about 5 years and have 1 gas powered car (hpi baja 5b clone) and 2 electric cars that need work
im looking for a rc cox gas car that i can drive around and sit on the shelf for display when im not using it

i guess i really intended the information for jsesere who was looking for a 2-3 channel radio. sorry for the confusion. happydad.

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down