Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Cox_ba12

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Today at 6:17 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Empty
Live on Patrol

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:56 am

Looking good CA.
Filters on cars a very good idea, much more dirt
At ground level.
I used to use a bit of household sponge.
On subject of filters Her Ladyships old stockings
Are great for filtering fuel just don't tell her where
They went....
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  tru168 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 am

Hi,

may I know if it have differential gear ?

tru168
tru168
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 am

Hi, the beetle has direct drive. The f1 car has a differential gear.

@Mr. Goddard: Good Idea! I will try, a ,,Her'' is avaliable Very Happy

I like your british humor! Everytime funny to read your comments, keep it up!

Regards

Last edited by coxaddicted on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgotten to answer a post)
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Empty one way bearing

Post  fredvon4 Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Have you been to these guys for the one way bearing

http://www.rcbearings.com/categories/Bearings/One%252dWay/
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:35 am

Hey Fred,

thanks for the link, very useful. The bearing used in my car looks different. The next time I dissasemble the motor, I will check the diameter, maybe they can help.

At the moment the weather is to bad for an engine test. But I will keep you informed if the KB Backplate runs Popcorn

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:31 am

News-Update-News-Update-News-Update-News-Update-News-Update-News-Update-News-Update-News-Update-News-Update-

I recently bought Kyosho F1 Cox Parts lot Clapping

So the Ferrari will be finished this summer and I have got some spare parts left for the Espo.
The best is, that the engine is complete with the flywheel and clutch, muffler. These parts are extreme hard to get.
The price was also fair.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kyosho-F1-Ferrari-Alt-mit-Cox-in-Teilen-/251218836138?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Khav9tDtN2umCY8su5Ijx0qph3I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Or maybe I will construct a conversion from the parts in my stock. I am still looking for a Kyosho Electric RC Car which uses the same Chassis, It think it would be easy to convert it from electro to a cox nitro with the parts I have:

Here is a you tube link with the different group C Cars I like to use:

Can't wait to see one of those with a nitro dense gas plume Beer Cheers
But they are hard to find too.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:03 pm

hi i m mario also from germany

first:

you bougth this parts Devil Devil Sad Goodbye

ok the next are mine Very Happy

i have build a cox r89c with this chassi 2. car is a mini copper and the third car i build this time is a front wheel drive car with honda civic body
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:13 pm

I Euro Chris?

Well done that Man

Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Oh no,

sadly not 1 EURO, i made an buy it now offer and the seller agreed. Nethertheless it was a good deal. Now I can complete the above mentioned ferrari and the Espo will get an ,,big'' service. The parts lot also includes ball bearings for the front wheels-

Maybe I will construct something with the remaining parts.

@mario: Sorry for that, but now I have enough parts, so you can buy everything else listed Very Happy Nice to hear that there are other people in germany who are interested in these Cars.

BTW: Do you have pictures of the R89 and the civic? Would be very interesting. Please feel free to post a pic here.

The Mini you mentioned is a self construction on this chassis, or do you mean the Kyosho Mini Cooper 0.49? I own the counterpart - vw top chop beetle. The Mini is much more detailled and I am still waiting for the offer of my buddy who wants to sell me this car since a half year Neutral
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

got pics im on work to load them up

i find this forum today now
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:42 pm

primera_p11 wrote:got pics im on work to load them up

i find this forum today now

So Welcome to the forum, you will have a great time!
https://www.coxengineforum.com/f6-introduction
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Nice!

Did you build a throttle via the intake Huh... ?
I see also an aftermarket glow head. Can you tell us more about the details?
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Img_0313

yes i build a new airintake and exhaust system that not oil´s the chassi like the original cox exhaust and the r89c has sidepipes so i must build this 4 pipe exhaust system

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Img_9510

this is the body on a electro chassi

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Img_0314

this little engine has 2 sealed ballbearings insite for a better running crankshaft and oil sealing

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 6 Img_0315
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Beautiful! cheers

Wow-Geil That looks really interesting and clean, seems to be a lot of engineering around the intake.

I hope we will see and hear more about this project. It is of course a great accomplishment for this tread.

What is the duty of the micro e- Shocked motor. Looks like it is throttled over the valve which sits normally in the exhaust.

The flywheel looks different and you have mounted the fan (do you know if this was purchased with the kit, i remember i had no one inside the box when I assembled the car in 1993?)

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 am

the flywheel is made by my self because i don t find a original. this engine is for the coxff civic project but similar to the engine in the r89c

i buy the fan on ebay it was not in the kit

the little e motor is a little (turbo) inside the airintake are a small turbine i build this to get more air to the engine because the intake is very long

problem is it don t work. so it takes a little while when i give top speed on the radio controll the car comes slowly to top speed

when i have time i make a little video from the car

now i build the fwd when the chassi is finished i show you pic s Cool
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 am

primera_p11 wrote:the flywheel is made by my self because i don t find a original. this engine is for the coxff civic project but similar to the engine in the r89c

i buy the fan on ebay it was not in the kit

the little e motor is a little (turbo) inside the airintake are a small turbine i build this to get more air to the engine because the intake is very long

problem is it don t work. so it takes a little while when i give top speed on the radio controll the car comes slowly to top speed

when i have time i make a little video from the car

now i build the fwd when the chassi is finished i show you pic s Cool

I already feared that there is something special Very Happy with the intake, nice work. But if you reach top speed, is it faster than the normal version or similar? Do you know these throttles:
http://coxengines.ca/throttle-conversion-for-cox-049-engine-tanked.html

Regarding the cooling fan, I also have seen one on ebay and I am wondering to which model it should fit. Maybe it was an aftermarket tuning part or only available in the late models (The Beetle and Mini Cooper have no cooling fan I guess).
I will look for one, I think it will cool the engine more reliable than the cooling head (especially while needle adjustment).

I have seen you mounted a head for normal glow plugs, did you have to dress it to size? And does it better start/run with a normal plug (I know the advantage of different heat levels) but was allways happy with the original glowhead.

I had although the problem with the oiling exhaust (As you can see in the last pictures Very Happy ).
After some seal work on the engine it is much better now, I was only too lazy to clean the whole chassis after every run ( I ran over a litre this summer, thereofre it is not too filthy lol! ). But the Engine still spits fuel while driving/starting (sometimes) on the chassis, which is quite normal for a cox I think.

BTW: What fuel do you use, or do you pre-mix your fuel by yourself?

Yesterday I found a promotion video of Kyosho on you tube. You find both Kyosho's 0.49 Ferarri and Espo Larousee at Minute 2:02. Don't pull the speakers on, the music is hardcore end-eighties (but the sound of the 0.49 is great)

Enjoy:

Just want to add, that the chassis was also available as an Penzoil Indy Car, I still own the Box, but gave the car away some years ago Sad Goodbye
Here is a link to the mentioned body:
http://www.kyoshoforum.com/showthread.php?t=928

Last edited by coxaddicted on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Like to add another body version)
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:35 am

ja ich kenn den trottel Laughing

yes i know this trothel the problem is you can not install this because there is the holder from the body thatswhy this long intake

topspeed i don t know it s fast enough for me

cooling fan Huh... it looks god . it spread more the oil to the chassi then cooling the engine down Very Happy

the glow head is good i buy it on ebay from xenalook so i can use normal plugs and glower that i have from my other nitro cars

fuel normal nitro fuel drive more than 10 tanks and the engine is in good condition no probs

Last edited by primera_p11 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:15 am

Which cylinder do you use? Looks different from the original slitted one ?
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 am

i use this one i think it s better to run then the normal Small Cox Logo

ok link don t work

its a cox 049 black widow golden bee
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 am

primera_p11 wrote:i use this one i think it s better to run then the normal Small Cox Logo

ok link don t work

its a cox 049 black widow golden bee

Ah ok, I also thought about to use a cylinder with more performance, but I have got the problem with the muffler.
In my configuration it would only work, if i will turn the barrel to a smaller diameter which is not so easy due to the thin material.

I am thinking of removing the splitted discharge unit of the original cylinder, but due to bad availabillity of this ,,special ground'' cylinder I didn't do that yet.

BTW: The parts lot will be delivered tomorrow Very Happy
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Regarding the fuel you use: I was told to use castor basic fuel only or add castor oil because syntetic based fuels would not lube enough. How is the nitro content of the fuel you use?
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 am

hi no normal 16% fuel is absolutli ok when the engine is damaged i buy a new one. it cost 12 dollar (cylinder) and
at this time i it is the first cylinder and it runs great no problems
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 am

Ok if it Works it is fine. I am using 25% and add some castor in order to prevent wear out. I don't think it matters much because most time it is not full throttle and high revs ( cox in a plane is allways at rev limit).
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 am

Just a line about fuel and cheap cylinders, in my opinion the old type tend to be better than the new ones
and if you have the old type they are worth keeping.
Also, it's the ball and socket on the bottom of the piston you're wearing out by using synthetic, so after a very few runs when the socket starts to wear, the compression drops, the timing is wrong and you have an
engine that doesn't run as well as it should.
If you want some proper fuel PM me and I'll send you a little.
Very Happy

John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next