Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Cox_ba12

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 5:27 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by getback Today at 3:25 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Empty
Live on Patrol

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  primera_p11 Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:26 am

ok that sounds plausible

got the new cylinder from xenalock with piston and have no problems with fuel

when you not run the engine on the limit and give a little more fuel as it takes i think thats ok
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:24 am

You mean a rich needle? Yes, a little bit but it does not solve the problem completely.

I like to say the same than Mr. Goddard, but didn't find the right words.

The problem is, that synthetic fuel burns completly. The section between bal and socket (piston/con rod) has no bearings.
Normally castor based oil is recomended for cox engines. This has a sense: castor oil does not burn completely, therefore the bal socket and piston is allways lubed, which is with synthetic oils not the case and than happens what Mr. Goddard wrote.

If you would like to do something good for your engine, add a little bit castor oil from the parmacy, there is a mixing excel advisory somewhere here or visit the website of Cox Engines International (there are some tipps for fuel). Castor Oil compounds very good with normal available fuel and the piston will last longer.

BTW: It also smells good lol!

The postman rings Huh...
voila, next one, engine has good compression and it is more complete than I thought. Also the very rare chassis holder and a aluminium skid plate (ver russian method made tongue ) are included. Nethertheless, I am very impressed about the overall condition alls looks to be fine and it seems that this car run not very long ( can't find any castor stain)
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Dscf4416

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 am

Looking very good Chris.
Not many people call me Mister.
They usually use Sir spelt

Cur

Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 am

Yes sir yes Smile
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:10 am

This morning i partly disassembled the engine. Looking good overall, head glows fine.

I was surprised, that my enemy the black delrin backplate is not broken this time lol!
The pre-owner made a mistake by assembling the clutch (has forgotten to add 2 screws Huh... )

No more work to do. I think I can re assemble everything now.

Regards
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 am

also eigentlich könnten wir auch auf deutsch schreiben lol!

ok when you use 2 screws you can change the rpm´s where the clutch gets grip in the clutchbell
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:10 am

Yes that could be, but the manual says 4 screws in total. Huh...

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 am

coxaddicted wrote:Yes that could be, but the manual says 4 screws in total. Huh...

you read the manual What? tongue

Last edited by primera_p11 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:26 am

Of course, there are some helpful tips (like: grease the pilot shaft every 5 runs in order to prevent wear out of the clutch bell bearing)
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  primera_p11 Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:32 am

yeah jok. problem is i don t have a manual from the cox f1 only from the mini copper and at the time i build the f1 there was no manual available so i improvise
primera_p11
primera_p11
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:03 am

I will try to load up here the english manual soon. I have also the manual for th cox.gtp cars
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 am

5000 clicks Shocked
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 pm

I have recently purchased some engines like Tee Dee's a Pee Wee and a Black Widow.

I am thinking of converting a Tee Dee 0.49 for my Kyosho Cox (The one I bought in parts).

Today I made a drybuild, it is just an idea but maybe it works Huh...

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Dscf4511

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ado1974 Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 am

bernie has new carburettor assemblies to suit the TD

http://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-.050-.051-tee-dee-carburetor-assembly.html

a.
ado1974
ado1974
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks Ado, I have already seen this nice carbs.

But I would like to use the Original Kyosho-Cox muffler. It is running on the bee- type engines without any complain (except oil pollution Very Happy ) It is just an idea and I do not know yet if it will work.

I also ordered some parts for the Small Cox Logo stocker (my push-rod was broken). Now I have enough spare parts and I hope I can run it when the weather gets better (I will try to make a video, did not seen a cox gtp running yet).
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MeerschaumSteve Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:05 am

That TD looks great as a car engine!

I hope you can get it working, would love to see it running.
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 am

MeerschaumSteve wrote:That TD looks great as a car engine!

I hope you can get it working, would love to see it running.

Me too! As I am becoming a r/c pilot at the moment, the cars have to wait a little bit Sad Goodbye

But I had a nice letter in my postbox today!

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Dscf4614

Bernie is the Best!!! Beer Cheers
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bnitram Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 am

Oh, some nice parts Smile
Hope that the weather here in germany is going better now to test your car.

bnitram
bnitram
bnitram
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 am

bnitram wrote:Oh, some nice parts Smile
Hope that the weather here in germany is going better now to test your car.

bnitram

Uh ya, after a short sun period it is snowing again Cold

@bnitram thanks for making me the flywheel, it is looking great. Can't wait for your experience with the new designed throttle control. You're doing great work in engeneering Beer Cheers

Regarding the other projects: I found a spare body for the cox stocker which should almost fit on the chassis.
It is a Porsche 962c (I think from academy models, 80'ies), the wheelbase is fine, also the gauge.
We will see if it will fit after some modifications, I already posted the pics in another topic, but I think topics are more lively with pictures, therefore again:

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Dscf4714
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Dscf4715
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Dscf4716

I also started to do some TLC on the Espo Larousse, it is getting a new receiver/transmitter (Kyosho KT 200 2.4GHZ) today because I needed the old one for the traxxas slash (same type of radio).
Yesterday I mounted new front tyres and rims. It also got full ball bearing on the front wheels in order to get a little bit more performance. I will mount also newly rear wheels but I have to glue the tyres on the rims first. The old rims had some dents.
I also recover the driver figure, so it is even looking more realistic Wink .

After a very hard season last year (I blowed more than 1 litre=1quart trough this car which means over 60 full fuel tanks in 4 months) the body need also some work. I have to fix the lexan body on some positions.

Regarding the engine: I ran about 3-4 litres trough the engine in total now. It has still good compression and is running fine.
I wonder how long a cox piston/cylinder will last Huh...

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bnitram Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:57 am

coxaddicted wrote:
@bnitram thanks for making me the flywheel, it is looking great. Can't wait for your experience with the new designed throttle control. You're doing great work in engeneering Beer Cheers

Thanks Smile
I gave my best.
Hope that the snow go away very quickly. Would test my throttle and see your car running.

bnitram
bnitram
bnitram
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 am

bnitram wrote:
coxaddicted wrote:

Thanks Smile
I gave my best.
Hope that the snow go away very quickly. Would test my throttle and see your car running.

bnitram

Yes weather is xshit. Today I installed the new KT 200 RC which I won on Ebay for 11,50 Europas (NIB, unbelivable Very Happy )
The fail safe is set, waiting for better weather now.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 am

Here is a pic of the new installed transmitter for the Espo. You can see also the red KB backplate and important: It is no more a ghostdriver Very Happy

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Dscf4718
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MeerschaumSteve Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:22 am

Lookin good man! Hope you make a video of it running with the new setup.

I'm also very curious about how well the KB backplate works with the throttle and the car. That's an upgrade I'm considering for my GTP.
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:32 am

MeerschaumSteve wrote:Lookin good man! Hope you make a video of it running with the new setup.

I'm also very curious about how well the KB backplate works with the throttle and the car. That's an upgrade I'm considering for my GTP.

Yes, I think the cylinder could ,,digest'' more fuel. I will have to fit a nylonstocking as an air filter because the kb backplate is screenless. I am also thinking about to remove the base of the slitted exhaust ports for more exhaust timing (no time yet due to other projects).

I hope the crank is happy with some more revs. But in overall the engine is still the one I purchased in 1993 with the car and is very reliable.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 7 Empty engine does not start

Post  coxaddicted Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:16 am

Hey guys,

Yesterday, i tried to start the updated engine.
Sadly, it does not start properly. It smells like burned fuel and the engine runned a couple of rounds but died quickly.

The starting procedure was:

3 pumps with the engine primer
Half throttle
Needle 4 turns out

Any ideas ? No air in the fuel line, Glow plug is good battery too.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next