Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Cox_ba12

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by 1/2A Nut Today at 10:23 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Empty
Live on Patrol

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  MeerschaumSteve Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm

You doing great on your cox car collection! I have been watching your thread the whole time.

The only cox RC car I ever saw live, was the GTP Nissan. Never saw any of those Kyosho ones.

I was going to buy a GTP, but got stressed about parts supply, since I actually want to run it. So, hope nobody curses me for this, I got an HPI RS4 3 Evo car. Its 1/10 like the cox, but its modern, 2 speed trans, and has a .18 engine. I won't post pics or more about it here since its off topic, but just wanted to congratulate you on finding those rare cox cars.
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  Jason_WI Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 pm

MeerschaumSteve wrote:You doing great on your cox car collection! I have been watching your thread the whole time.

The only cox RC car I ever saw live, was the GTP Nissan. Never saw any of those Kyosho ones.

I was going to buy a GTP, but got stressed about parts supply, since I actually want to run it. So, hope nobody curses me for this, I got an HPI RS4 3 Evo car. Its 1/10 like the cox, but its modern, 2 speed trans, and has a .18 engine. I won't post pics or more about it here since its off topic, but just wanted to congratulate you on finding those rare cox cars.

The GTP Nissan is 1/12 scale. This scale has seems to have faded in the last decade while 1/18, 1/10, 1/8 and 1/5 scale have survived.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 am

@John:

Thanks for the link. The dipstick or Wizzbit looks nice. I won't buy a Zaunkönig, I think it is nothing for beginners like me.
At the moment I have not enough time to build a balsa model. But I won't loose it out of sight. The 3 BW's are unlucky in their box in the cellar, they say common guy get us outa here. I allways wanted a plane powered by cox. This was also the motivation to buy a P40 warhawk cl, but as i noticed how valuable they are and of course not easy to fly, I did not try it out.

Therefore I stayed on the ground and I bethink of my cox f1 car which is showed here. Hopefully I will become a cox pilot next year. RC Plane

@Steve:

Thank you, it is great that this topic is interesting for you. Feel free to post a picture (and of course anybody can do).
I have also a more modern Kyosho with a small gsx11 engine, but for me it is not the same as the cox.

As Jason sayd the cox gtp is 1/12 Scale, but my Kyosho's (beetle 1/10) has a chassis which is as small as the gtp.
So it would be possible to fix any 1/12 scale body on this too (depends on wheelbase of course).

With the Cox Stocker I will be very carefully. I don't want to crash or crack something. Here in Germany no parts are available and in us they are rare and expensive too. So it will be my sunday car and of course i will doublecheck everything before running.

@Jason:

Yes the 1/12 models are sadly fade out in the last years. I think one reason is that they've got only 1/8 and 1/10 in the international championchips. This is a pitty because the 1/12 scale models are looking and driving really nice.

Here in Germany the trend goes to 1/5 and 1/6 scale with normal 2 cycle (not nitro) engines or brushless cars.

Thank you all enjoying this topic Hand Shake
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:26 am

Take a look at this Coxa ,-

This guy builds them in under 15 minutes.
Even a 10 thumbed idiot like me can build, cover and fuel proof in 2 evenings.

John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 am

Thats an argument Smile Maybe I will try it too!

I was wondering, why the ,,new'' beetle doesn't start. I know now why DAMMIT!

I disassembled the beetle engine and ta-da:

It was the evil black backplate again!!! It is now the 4th black backplate which I found in a cox rc car which was completely crumbled DAMMIT!

Slowly my theory has come true, that the black-horseshoe backplate is only for the waste bin. The one with circlip is even more sh.. than the one with reed retainer.

Here is a picture:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4216

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4218

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4219

For today I have seen enough. I think it is the reason what everbody says about the Kyosho Cox cars: aah the cox 0.49 Kyosho car that never runs. Maybe it is because of this backplates.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  tru168 Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:44 am

yes, I saw that too,
brand new engine with throttle muffler, , clutch , heat sink, brake belt, gears, etc... all new.
that's a super rare item . should get it for restore your car for display.

tru168
tru168
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 am

Wow fine!

The 0.49 Beetle was a normal auction some days ago. I watched it too, maybe the seller received a buy it now offer, because the original auction was from 1 $.

I have the same one and will try to run it in the next 2 weeks. I will receive the engine spare parts soon.

My one was also never used but the price was better Very Happy
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Empty also watching and learning

Post  fredvon4 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 am

I am also following this thread and like it very much

currently only playing with aircraft but may try my hand at adapting slot cars to Cox IC engines. I never intend to try and find the older cars simply for econimic reasons. In my youth I had most all the new offering from Sears, Woolworths, Western Auto, Army Post Exchange, or wherever my folks found them for my birthdays or Christmas....very fond memories. I had a RC version later with electric power 1/10 scale. I think around 1988 I got my son a Team Associated RC 10 kit that tooks us weeks to figure out and assemble. serious sophistication in the modern suspensions and proportional RC gear.

Any way, I just wanted coxaddicted to know many of us are just lurking to learn and enjoy your finds, and addaptions
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 pm

fredvon4 wrote:....Any way, I just wanted coxaddicted to know many of us are just lurking to learn and enjoy your finds, and addaptions
Yep, I'm still watching from the shadows too.
3,244 views and 110 posts in this thread. That's a lot of interested lurkers.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:01 am

Thank you both guys,

it is nice to hear that this tread is interesting for you. I know most of the users here are ,,pilots'' but as it is a cox engine forum it may interest to think out of the box Very Happy

Due to the bad weather I have no lust in driving the cars. Therefore I bought a brushless slash Affraid or WOW!

Yesterday I received a bundle of cox parts from cox.eu.
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Neues_10

Now I can start to repair and refurbish all cars. The Espo is still running, but as mentioned with a low perfomance backplate. I think i have enough parts for the next season now.

I can't wait to hear the beetle engine run again and I am excited if it delivers the same power/speed like the Espo. The Cox 0.49 beetle is more a rtr car, all plastic parts (except the body and tires) looking cheap.

I will make a short video as soon as it is running well.

See ya!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NaVerb Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Coxaddicted,

I think I'm a little bit in the same situation as you . I'm a neighbor from Belgium and also have a Kyosho F1 F189 with a 049 COX engine in it. I bought it when I was 15 years old, now 20 years later; I restarted my old hobby and tried to run the car again. Thanks to the web I was able to find all necessary parts (coxinternational and ebay). The most difficult was indeed the fuel but I bought a 25% nitro fuel and added castor oil based on the calculator available in the COX fuel guide.

The engine is running fine; my only problem is the clutch. I do not understand (anymore?) the working of the clutch. I know that, when the engine is on high rpm, the clutch will open and create fraction on the clutch bell to run the wheels, while on low rpm, the clutch is slipping so the wheels can be blocked. What I do not understand is how the clutch will have grip to start the engine via turning the wheels by hand. I’m not able to start because my clutch is not having grip on that moment. Maybe something important is missing but I checked the manual and I only see the clutch and clutch bell, nothing more to install.

Any idea what can be wrong? I would be happy if I could drive this car again. I saw your video’s and I remember how great it was.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

PS: I’m able to start and adjust the engine if I fix the clutch in the clutch bell, but as you can imagine, then I cannot stop the wheels when motor is idle.
NaVerb
NaVerb
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:25 am

Hey that's great to heart that there are other people who own a cox f1 car. Beer Cheers

Regarding the starting mechanism, I would like to explain how it works:

There is a small bearing in the clutchbell. It is a special bearing which only works in one direction.
If you twist the wheels for starting, the pilot shaft will be blocked by the bearing and turns round the engine.
After starting, the engine runs free in this ,,bearing'' with the flywheel and clutch (the clutch bell and drivetrain don't run).
With higher rpm, the clutch will open and run the drivetrain as you described.

The wheels are running at low speed all the time at my model (but not on the ground only if I have it in my hand).

Here are some pics from my manual:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4310

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4311

I think you have to check this bearing again. Maybe there is to much lube on it. I had to clean it before it works (before cleaning it works in both directions), you can check this if you twist the clutch bell, it should only be possible in one direction (with the engine outside the car) . But it is very important to add some grease on the pilot shaft again in order to prevent wear out of the bearing.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NaVerb Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:50 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I checked my clutch bell an there is no "one way bearing" in it, only a plastic bus. I cannot remember where the correct bearing is, maybe it was broken and that could be the reason why I stopped playing with the car 20 years ago (as a child).
Do you have a partnumber, sizing, photo of this bearing so I can start searching it. Is it common available in a model shop you think?

Kind regards,
Nathan

NaVerb
NaVerb
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NaVerb Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:09 am

Hi again,

Are the clutch bell and the one way bearing one same part you think?
The clutch bell should have partnmber FG-10 but I cannot find it for sale on theweb.
I have 3 clutch bells but no bearing. What did I do wrong as a child Sad Goodbye

regards,
Nathan

NaVerb
NaVerb
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NaVerb Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi CA,

Does the bearing look like this:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1460_782/products_id/31323/n/Kyosho-Clutch-Bearing

Thank for any feedback.

Kind regards,
Nathan
NaVerb
NaVerb
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:33 am

Hi Nathan,

I also did not find a clutchbell yet (still looking for one in order to complete my other f1 car).
The bearing you showed off is wrong.

If I find the time to disassemble the car I will post a picture or number. As you know it is not possible to get the engine outside the car in 5 minutes.

But I have got another picture on my desktop which may clearify:
There are two bearings, one is sitting in the engine mount, the other one is the ,,lock'' bearing mentioned before:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf3310

In this view you can see the dissasembled clutch, the one way bearing or should I say ,,bushing'' has an atched arrow with the Lock written on the surface:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf3311

I will try to find out more and get back soon

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NaVerb Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi CA,

Thanks for the pictures you have posted. This gives me a idea what I'm looking for. Smile
This afternoon I did 2 model shops but none of them have one way bearings with those meassurements Sad .

I also contacted Kyosho Europe (UK) but also they cannot provide me the correct part.
If I found one I let you know. Again thanks a lot for your explanation and photo's.

Kind regards,
Nathan
NaVerb
NaVerb
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Hey Nathan,

if I will find something out I will inform you. It is very hard to find parts for this cars Sad

Today I repaired the engine of the cox beetle. It has the same clutch bell like the Ferarri and Espo but without bearing (only with a plastic bushing because of the spring starter, maybe you have got one of those).

Here is a pic from the beetle engine:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4312
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NaVerb Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi,

I think you are right, the clutch I have is foreseen with a plastic bushing and is probably wrong delivered.
At the moment I'm searching the whole web looking for a one-way-bearing with correct measurement.

Yesterday my new parts has arrived from coxinternational (Canada) and I installed all new parts. Now, I'm just waiting for the bearing to be able to drive my car again.

I also bought begin of this week a new ready to run Kyosho Inferno Neo with a KE25 engine. This is a very fast car and nice to drive. Neverthelss my real passion is the COX engine and the car must be able ride again.

I don't give up Mad

NaVerb
NaVerb
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MeerschaumSteve Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 am

The new backplate looks great on there coxaddicted!

I think if I was going through the trouble to rebuild a rare cox car, I might use allen head bolts to hold things together, just for a bit more style. Cool
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:02 am

MeerschaumSteve wrote:The new backplate looks great on there coxaddicted!

I think if I was going through the trouble to rebuild a rare cox car, I might use allen head bolts to hold things together, just for a bit more style. Cool

Why not Very Happy But bolts are not visible if the engine is built in. In the Kyosho cars are so many different screws/bolts that it would be quite expensive to change them all.

I changed the fuel line from clear to pink, that should be fancy enough lol!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:04 am

Yesterday was marriage between chassis and engine. Clapping

The beetle is a pré assembled car with many plastic parts. The quality is ok but some parts look cheap, no bearings in the drivetrain (only plástic).

I hope it will last anyway but if you look at the espo f1 car you can see that they are able to produce better products

Maybe i will start the engine this evening.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:48 am

Hello Guys,

time for some pictures, first the beetle engine is placed now.

Clutch system. The Clutch and Bell is the same as in the Espo F1 car but without bearing Huh...

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4313

Rear view:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4314

In order to allow an easier starting, the Kyosho engineers built in a ,,onboard'' glow starter.
You clamp a battery outside the model.
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4315

I found also time to place the killer bee backplate in the Espo F1 Car.
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4316

Here it is installed:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4317

Here you can see the large venturi.
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 5 Dscf4318

The car needs some TLC lol!
I am thinking to install something like an Air Filter, because the KB Backplate is ,,screenless''.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. I am waiting for better weather in order to start both engines sunny
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next