Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 11:52 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Today at 11:01 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 10:12 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by rdw777 Today at 8:06 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  coxaddicted Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 am

Here is a little video (not mine but it is exactly the same model):

You might not believe, but the performance of this little engine in a rc car is really great.

I still have problems with the backplate, as I written originaly a one-piece plastic backplate was installed (which was not reliable and broke after the second run).
Now I have mounted another one (also black plastic, but seperated piece for the reed), which is also broken due to the high vibrations.

The car in the video has fitted a modified grey one from the sure start models. I will receive a white backplate purchased from ebay soon (I bought a complete engine 5$, not knowing which model for parts). Does anybody has an idea, which backplate is more reliable?
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 am

Today I tried the first run with r/c .

Well, I can tell you that it is running faster as I can run Very Happy Something must be wrong with the receiver, so it was out of control and was running in circles like a cox tether car lol! Fortunately nobody was injured.

Moreover it begans to run leaner as I tried to catch it Laughing

From now on I will double check the range of my r/c control
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 am

little update:

-the engine is still running Very Happy

Furthermore I bought a new 2.4GHZ Futaba Radio (no cost or effort is too great Sad for my cox)
No, it wasn't too expensive. I can tell you that it takes allways a long time before running because I have to adjust many things (gas/brake, idle speed, needle as you know).

But I did not regret any cent I spend on this little model, it makes so much fun bounce .

Sadly, no other cylinder fits on the engine due to the cylinder diametre. I have to find a solution in case of cylinder worn-out.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:56 am

I hope it is ok, that i modified the topic title. I would like to make a collection topic of Kyosho models using the cox 0.49 engine. So postings with pictures from users who own a kyosho model with cox engine/or other cox powered rc cars like the cox nissan gtp/indycar or conversions are warm welcome.

I still have the hope that somebody is interested in this little 0.49 cox powered rc cars. A few posts before I mentioned another Kyosho Model, the Mini Cooper which is also cox powered (I still persuade my buddy who owned one to sell it to me Very Happy ).

I found a link on the internet of the mini cooper:
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=83442&sid=24756

I know that most of you using the cox engine in a plane. But maybe somebody is interested.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:59 am

cheers
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am

Xlnt
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 am

I just found out that another Kyosho Model powered by cox was available, the vw beetle (it was available in 1/12 scale using the same chassis as the mini cooper which is 1/10 scale).

Here is a short list (to be continued... hopefully Paranoid )

Kyosho rc-cars using cox engine:

Formula 1 chassis
Kyosho Espo Larousse F1 1990
Kyosho Ferarri F1 1989
-another couple of electric powered cars (porsche C-class, penzoil indycar) using the same chassis were available, maybe they can be converted to gas engine-

modified Kyosho Alta Chassis:
Kyosho Mini Cooper
Kyosho Beetle

Cox rc cars (in-house production)
nissan gtp
indycar
stocker

Do not be confused, I think in the 70'ies cox has purchased Kyosho models under the cox brand in US, but the rc cars mentioned here are Kyosho models powered by cox of the early 90'ies.

If someboy has pictures of these cars (especially cox) feel free to post them.

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:24 am

Nobody interested Sad ?

Good News! I just called up my buddy regarding the cox mini cooper. He says that it should be in the attic of his parents.
He will look for it and if he will find it, I can buy it for small money he said. Please keep your fingers crossed Very Happy

Another question: my cox is after every run very raunchy. But I have a idea, I would like to seal it with Dirko HT, do you think that it is a good idea? This gasket material is working on my vespa very well.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Today, i had a fine afterwork ride with the kyosho. It brings allot of fun with. I learned how to drift and powerslide Smile

In the meantime the collection is growing. I will receive a cox stocker in a few weeks. I hope, that i will get it to run, looks like a ,,challenge,, with all the hoses. But it weeks to be complete and comes with some accessoires.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:57 pm

News from today Very Happy :

Regarding the staining of castor oil, i have tried to seal the engine with dirko ht.

Here are some pics of my cox-kyosho before cleaning and dissassembling:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3611
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3612
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3613
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3614
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3615

As you can see it is very manky, and the car is getting dirt like a hoover. After 3 runs of fuel the tires are so glued with castor that you can't drive a bend without drifting. Funny, because I was so proud to learn drifting Huh...

I have also built in a ,,new'' white coloured backplate without cracks, which seems be a more resistant than the original black blackplate. It was a ,,fight'' to get the engine running smooth again, but now everything is working fine.

Due to this modifications the engine sounds ,,muted''. You can't distinguish it from an electric car when it is coming onwards Sad (but from rear and on full speed it sounds very buzzy Very Happy )

I hope you enjoy this topic and like to ask if there are any other cox drivers out there???

In the next weeks I will try to get the Small Cox Logo stocker running and I need your help, please
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:54 pm

GTP Nissan motherload on eBay.

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:59 am

Jason_WI wrote:GTP Nissan motherload on eBay.

Wow that is cool. But my budget is bailed out at the moment.

I just bought this one Cox stocker

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:03 pm

It is on its way to europe cheers
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  lousyflyer Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Very nice
lousyflyer
lousyflyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:45 am

Today I received a NOS 1 FIN Cylinderhead Very Happy for spare.

Sadly, I have to go to the customs office regarding the cox stocker, the seller has forgotten to put an invoice outside the box.
But I will receive it next monday cheers . I hope the custom fees are not to high.

I will feed this tread with pictures next week.

I am feeling like a small boy and cannot wait until monday Very Happy
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 am

Look forward to the pictures Coxaddicted.

Remember to tune the engine with the wheels touching the ground driving around, not on workbench or in hand, very important.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks for this tip!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:47 am

Just a short update. Today I have collect the car at the customs office, I have to work now and will post pictures later.

I will study the description by the way.

Here is my new ebay glow head:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/200809477951?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cannot wait to open the box lol!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:23 am

Me Three CA
Keep us posted
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 am

Here are some pic's from today.

It is not RTR ! lol!
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3911

Needs a good cleaning Laughing
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3913

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3914

Some nice extra stuff, including a reset tool many cox wrenches and a new tank cheers
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3915
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3916

I will look for some micro batteries now. I hope the receiver and servos still work Huh...

It will take some hours to clean it and to rebuild the engine. At the moment the engine does not turn over, I hope the cylinder is usable. Would be a hard job to find another one (in europe). The f***ing backplate is broken too DAMMIT! (Same [bleep] as in my kyosho, I think the black backplates are trash).

All the hoses are still flexible (except the fuel line).

Nethertheless, it was a good deal I think.

Now you are asked guys. I hope i will get it back on the track with your help Beer Cheers

To be continued...
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 am

Remove and carefully lay flat the brass brake strip, so you can trace a pattern on material,, to be able to make more by hand later.

A dental pick or toothpick to clean each individual gear tooth slot on main spur gear, spider gears and motor pinion gear. A used toothbrush works good for final cleaning. Once the car is clean and reassembled, make sure gear lash between motor and spur gear is correct, or failure will be immediate. It can be adjusted outside of the instructions, and after wear and tear, they need to be.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks for the tip again pv pilot. The engine is clogged, and a little bit rusty. But turns now over. I have dissasembled the cylinder now. It is laying together with the EGR System in fuel, everything was resinous due to old fuel. After removing the glow head there was much gluey castor. BTW: The head is ok-

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf4010

But I have also good news: the sidewinder Futaba Radio is working well! cheers
I have just put in some new batteries, the servos are working fine. I think I can use the complete r/c. That makes me happy Wink

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3917

The chassis is in good condition, no cracks
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf3918

I like to thank the Small Cox Logo engineers at this point. The instructions manual is very clear and usefuel. Also the whole car seems to be well thougt out. It is a little masterpiece. Now I can understand your esteem for this company.

Hope you enjoy this topic Beer Cheers
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 am

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:47 am

hopla, didn't see it went to 167,-. So I didn't said anything Smile
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 am

Hello Guys,

some news. The R/C Sidewinder is working properly. Here are some pics what I have done so far:

Here you can see the fly wheel with clutch, still looking good, so I only cleaned it a little bit:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf4011

The backplate is broken, it is interesting that it is the same one used in my kyosho.
I think it is a car specific one. I will try another old one from my kyosho. But I think I have to find a spare one. It has a screen and also the foam air filter (doubled Very Happy )I will leave it as original.
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf4012

The cylinder lays last night in WD 40. It has some little ,,fly'' rust inline. Hope it will work and I can resuact it.
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf4013

Here you can see how much castor oil was on all parts. Very dirty everything.
I put everything in fuel to clean themselves overnight. Very Happy
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 2 Dscf4014

Please feel free to comment lol!

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next