Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 Cox_ba12

it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:43 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» Post your Older books
by lla Yesterday at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 Empty Re: it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:03 pm

I grew up having:

Yamaha 125 Tri-Moto 3-wheeler
Yamaha 80 Big Wheel
Honda XR 100
Kawasaki KX125

Then didn't have anything for ~18 years till I bought that 2007 Vstar 1300
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 Empty Re: it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles

Post  mx862 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 pm

ado1974 wrote:i always wear all my gear

200+kmh at the phillip island grand prix track, first weekend of october 2012

good equipment is worth every cent....
.... that was a $1400 helmet... only needed to use it once

a.

Yikes!

Here's mine after a whiskey throttle incident at the track last year, going over a triple and casing it, went over the bars head first into the ground in 4th gear pinned, 2 days in the hospital with a severe concussion Embarassed

[img]it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 Thor_force_composite_helmet_destroyed[/img]
mx862
mx862
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 pm

here's mine Smile
it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 MgodB
1984 Honda XR250R
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mx862 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Those are great bikes, even after all these years they hold their value very well... a friend had a 1981 xr 500.. what a beast Shocked the comp release cable broke... and it almost broke my leg kicking it over.
mx862
mx862
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 am

Yeah, I've got a drivers license for big bikes too.

It all started with 16 (Vespa 50) which i restored myself.
After that I bought a Vespa 200 (which i still own).

This was too gammy after a short while and I bought my first motorcycle
-Kawasaki Z200, which was not really faster than the Vespa (but in Germany you have to wait 2 years to get some practise before you can go on with a non curbed motorcycle) It is limited to 34 hp.

After that I had a Yamaha XT 600 which was very reliable but boring so I sold it soon in order to buy a Honda XR600R (so I know the comp. problem Laughing ). It was always a match to get the engine started. This Bike was a great Enduro but not good to handle in rough terrain.

I remembered the cool sound of my two stroke Vespa and bought a GAS GAS EC 200 (road version of a motocross bike).
This was great fun, so I want more and bought a GAS GAS EC 250 with more punch, but the 200 Version was better to handle.

After some trouble with the police (In Germany everything is limited Mad ) I decided to sell it.

Than I had a BMW R65 from my father, here we call it ,,Gummikuh''. I gave it to my brother who convert it to a cafe racer lol!

But the Vespa with its pushcart tyres Very Happy was allways my obsession. Therefore I dig it out of the garage, mounted a hydraulic disc brake, better shocks and started to tune the engine. It received a long hub crank, a special designed aluminium cylinder, reinforced clutch, shorter transmission, lightened flywheel, some engine case changements and a custom made exhaust.

It was like a ride on a bullet until the engine case collapsed Sad Goodbye

it seems a few of us ride(or used to)motorcycles - Page 2 Dscf2710

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ado1974 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 am

coxaddicted wrote:
Than I had a BMW R65 from my father, here we call it ,,Gummikuh''. I gave it to my brother who convert it to a cafe racer lol!

i thought the k series bmw was the rubber cow lol!

a
ado1974
ado1974
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 am

ado1974 wrote:
coxaddicted wrote:

i thought the k series bmw was the rubber cow lol!

a

Yes, some people call them also rubber cow, but normally the bmw r series is mentioned with cow or rubber cow.

The K series is called staubsauger (vakuum cleaner because of the sound) or flying brick lol!

My favourite nickname is for the Honda CX 500 - Güllepumpe which means slurry pump Clapping
And ,,Einbauküche'' / kitchenette for Honda Goldwing
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  unclemoon Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 pm

I might be new to getting back in to the great sport of these little cox gas planes and cars but I am not new to motorcycles.

I have raced mini bikes and motorcycles since around 10yrs old. I raced all through high school and turned pro right out of high school.

I traveled all over the U.S.A. racing in the AMA circuit at 18 until too many injuries brung me back home to just continue racing pro at the local events. but have lots of memories on that road.

I raced in many early 1970/80's supercrosses qualifying in every one. I tried the desert racing scene after motocross for a while racing in the BAJA 500 and the Parker 400 and many other desert racing.
Then I returned to motocross as a vet 35yrs old and as I did I found another great two wheel sport in the early 1980's "Mountain Biking".

I actually took up mt.biking just to get back in shape to race the vet class in motocross. but I soon fell in love with it. I rode and raced mountain bikes so much I made the USA Team as a vet in the downhill racing class and raced in the 1993 Mountain Bike World Championship in Vail, Colorado.

I have also tried motorcycle hillclimbing as a kid and later as adult again, I tried flatrack a few years ago and would love to do that again. now I,ll do a occasional vintage motocross race since a good friend of mine with no kids has around 20 bikes will lend me one once in while. I,ll be getting him hook on these cox airplanes and cars soon!

But since I am unemployed at the moment this sport seems to be a affordable for right now and probably for a long time time come.
unclemoon
unclemoon
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:44 am

Image hosted by servimg.com

modified Tomos Streetmate with a 125cc honda, shes not much, but besides my girl, shes the love of my life
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2