Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by roddie Today at 4:33 am

» Cox PT-19 Wing
by latole Today at 4:28 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 2:54 am

» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner

Post  Dave P. Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Berryman's!  Forgot all about that stuff.  Back when cars had points and carburetors, that stuff was magic.  It could unstick a stuck brake cylinder, clean up a set of plugs and points and strip a carb body clean in the time it took to pack the wheel bearings.  Didn't ever even think of using it for cleaning two stroke model engines.  Gotta get a can.  Thanks for the reminder!  That stuff is awesome.  

The only caution is that if you use it with a a brush, be sure to use safety glasses.  If you don't, you'll wish you had.
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner

Post  Scotty68 Wed May 08, 2019 9:38 pm

That's sound advice. I've never used the brush with it, I simply submerge whatever I'm attempting to clean in the basket that comes in the can. Lift the basket out when it's done, rinse it off and there you go.
Scotty68

Last edited by Scotty68 on Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scotty68
Scotty68
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty68 Wed May 08, 2019 9:40 pm

Deleted because of duplication.
Scotty68
Scotty68
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu May 09, 2019 12:46 am

Marleysky wrote: I don’t think Rod could find this in his country...under this brand name anyway!  

Never came across it I gotta admit.  Can't seem to find a local supplier either.  I know there was a product called Carbasol or something.  This was for cleaning car engine parts, not specifically carburettors.  Very expensive I recall. I think it may have been banned. Just place everything in the basket, soak for a few hours, rinse and it's clean.  Great for rocker covers, heads etc. Sounds like Berryman's is the same sort of stuff.
For the cost (and availability) I don't mind an overnight simmer in anti-freeze, although I will admit, some engines don't come up so well with this method, where others come up as good a Scotty's example.
Here's a couple of anti-freeze examples I posted a while back.  They were really gunky- Rene can attest to that as he sold 'em to me.  Just an overnight simmer and rinse. Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 100_4510
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 100_4511
I'll keep keep looking.
Come to think of it, I think I may have seen "Gunk" carb parts cleaner before.  Looks like it might be similar stuff.
Rod
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty68 Thu May 09, 2019 1:40 am

Oldenginerod wrote:
Marleysky wrote: I don’t think Rod could find this in his country...under this brand name anyway!  

Never came across it I gotta admit.  Can't seem to find a local supplier either.  I know there was a product called Carbasol or something.  This was for cleaning car engine parts, not specifically carburettors.  Very expensive I recall. I think it may have been banned. Just place everything in the basket, soak for a few hours, rinse and it's clean.  Great for rocker covers, heads etc. Sounds like Berryman's is the same sort of stuff.
For the cost (and availability) I don't mind an overnight simmer in anti-freeze, although I will admit, some engines don't come up so well with this method, where others come up as good a Scotty's example.
Here's a couple of anti-freeze examples I posted a while back.  They were really gunky- Rene can attest to that as he sold 'em to me.  Just an overnight simmer and rinse. Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 100_4510
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 100_4511
I'll keep keep looking.
Come to think of it, I think I may have seen "Gunk" carb parts cleaner before.  Looks like it might be similar stuff.
Rod

Rod, I just happened to be lifting this engine out of the Berryman's when I got the notification that you had posted this message. So I rinsed it quick and shot a couple of pictures. It turned out really good, but I have to be honest, when I dropped it into the can I got side tracked working on something else and it was actually in the solution for about 2 hours. No biggie, but she sure is purdy! Lol. It's a .60 sized RCV inline four stroke.
Scotty68
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 20190518
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 20190520
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 20190519
Scotty68
Scotty68
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 am

Scotty68 wrote:
Rod,  I just happened to be lifting this engine out of the Berryman's when I got the notification that you had posted this message. So I rinsed it quick and shot a couple of pictures. It turned out really good, but I have to be honest, when I dropped it into the can I got side tracked working on something else and it was actually in the solution for about 2 hours. No biggie, but she sure is purdy! Lol.  It's a .60 sized RCV inline four stroke.
Scotty68
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 20190518
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 20190520
Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 20190519
They're a nicely built engine Scotty and it sure came up well with a clean. I'd be interested to know how efficient and reliable they are. Interesting concept, but I'd be concerned about the sleeve sealing the intake and exhaust ports well, as well as possible wear in the bevel gear. For a scale model they would fit inside a cowl nicely.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Thu May 09, 2019 4:13 am

Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 <a href=Wanted..recommendation on ultra sonic cleaner - Page 2 Dscf1115" />
Used this for years on most of my model engines. Works great.
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2