Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Irvine Mills .75 replica
by ffkiwi Today at 4:43 am

» COX .020 RC PROJECT
by 1/2A Nut Today at 4:32 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (October 2024)
by Admin Today at 1:33 am

» Happy Birthday Robert ( Rsv1cox )
by balogh Today at 1:06 am

» Carburetor Sprinkler Rod Peak Tee Dee .049 / .051
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» OS MAX-D
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» The Cabin.........A carpenters nightmare.
by getback Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cox .020 PeeWee/TeeDee prop-screw
by getback Yesterday at 7:55 am

» Wanted peewee 20 fuel tank
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:40 pm

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -October 2024-
by Admin Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

» Off topic - Tonka dump truck restoration. 10:27
by rsv1cox Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2024
F4D Phantom II's

"Surestart .049 geared opposed twin"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Empty Re: cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL!

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Boy that car brings back some memories.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Empty Re: cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL!

Post  coxaddicted Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:43 am

Wow, nice Photos.

I like those Tires and Rims. I just wonder how the driver should open the swing doors with the fuel filler cap Very Happy

Keep on!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  bullit132 Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:31 am

looks hot,how fast will it go?? Flying
bullit132
bullit132
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:19 am

bullit132 wrote:looks hot,how fast will it go?? Flying

Thanks guy's... they don't go fast because it's a worm gear drive they go slow.
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Very Happy test run watch in HD

reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  josh.ppa Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:04 am

I know this is old but I am wanting to do the exact same thing. Are there any instructions on what parts were modified for the engine? The photos no longer work
josh.ppa
josh.ppa
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  --Oz-- Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:27 am

"Best", I would start with something like this
cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Crc_ca11
or this
cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Rc12r610

https://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/teamassociated/cars_and_trucks/RC12R6/Factory_Team/
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=91160

Back to top Go down

Post  josh.ppa Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm

I don’t think a cox engine will work with those chassis without major modifications
josh.ppa
josh.ppa
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  --Oz-- Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Not enough room? Very Happy

Almost looks to easy with a bracket or two.

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! - Page 2 Rc12r611
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  josh.ppa Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:43 pm

No I mean the motor would need a lot of modifying I think. Though that would be super cool if it could be done
josh.ppa
josh.ppa
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  --Oz-- Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:08 pm

josh.ppa wrote:No I mean the motor would need a lot of modifying I think. Though that would be super cool if it could be done

Why? Pinion/clutch could just screw on, throttle ring control,,
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  josh.ppa Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:06 am

Have you done this before? Which engine would you use and what’s a good site to get other parts like the clutch?
josh.ppa
josh.ppa
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:43 am

Cox GTP Nissan/Stocker/Indy engine would be one source. The hard to find part is the flywheel and ratchet starter drive assembly. Clutch drum/pinion and clutch shoes are easier to find.

Still lots of mods to make it work.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  josh.ppa Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:39 am

Jason_WI wrote:Cox GTP Nissan/Stocker/Indy engine would be one source. The hard to find part is the flywheel and ratchet starter drive assembly. Clutch drum/pinion and clutch shoes are easier to find.

That's what I was thinking you might even need a lathe source your own parts.
It sounds really cool and I would love to try and pull it off but I have several challenges. One being I have never built my own RC car and two my only experience with Cox is Control line planes LOL. So I am stepping WAY up here.
Though im sure poking around this forum someone here has the ability and ingenuity to sort out how to mod a cox engine and chassis so it fits and can run.
I think a 0.49 will run just fine in a small 1/16 model and would be really cool!
josh.ppa
josh.ppa
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  --Oz-- Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:31 pm

josh.ppa wrote:
Jason_WI wrote:Cox GTP Nissan/Stocker/Indy engine would be one source. The hard to find part is the flywheel and ratchet starter drive assembly. Clutch drum/pinion and clutch shoes are easier to find.

That's what I was thinking you might even need a lathe source your own parts.
It sounds really cool and I would love to try and pull it off but I have several challenges. One being I have never built my own RC car and two my only experience with Cox is Control line planes LOL. So I am stepping WAY up here.
Though im sure poking around this forum someone here has the ability and ingenuity to sort out how to mod a cox engine and chassis so it fits and can run.
I think a 0.49 will run just fine in a small 1/16 model and would be really cool!

I raced rc-onroad for 2+ decades, in 1996 I got 12th in the 12th scale world championships while unsponsored (that's unheard of). I then got sponsored for a decade (yokomo/integy/tekin/kimbro), so I have lots of experience (with electric). I would go with 12th scale, so much more parts over the uncommon 1/16th scale, but that's just me. Since your going fuel, I would look at all the fuel cars for parts, I am pretty sure there is parts with low modification for a 049 motor, I think its more about the research than ultra modifying some part that is not close to the job, buts thats just my opinion, good luck.
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2