Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Empty Re: Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother!

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:27 am

Thanks guys. You guys are my bright spot in the day. All started out well, but when I was about to start working on planes.... My Mom called with bad news, my best friends Mom was in the hospital. Her and her husband were traveling up here to see family and she went to the E.R. with what started out as pneumonia and after that cleared up they could see all the cancer, it's bad real bad. She and my friend asked if I would come, of course he would be there for me. It was good to see her smiling face when I walked in. I can't sleep, so I'll sit at the table and quietly cut balsa or something while the family sleeps. Life is short friends, love your friends and family every chance you get. Sorry to bring things down, just had to get off my chest.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Empty Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! And all the little brothers!

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 am

Well it didn't take long to get tired last night. But I did have time to cut this out before I went to bed.  It's a Beginner Ringmaster for the beginner, it's cut out of coroplast and I need to decide if it will get a Cox or the other darkside electric.  Please don't throw stones, I just thought the electric would be nice for the beginners.

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Dsc_0023
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Empty Re: Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother!

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Real sorry to hear about your troubles Duke. Will be praying for your friends.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Real sorry to hear about your troubles Duke. Will be praying for your friends.

Ron
Thanks so much Ron. That is what they need. I don't know if his Mom is a believer, but the whole family could use the prayer. Today is a better day, just hard to take at first.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:53 pm

duke.johnson wrote:...I can't sleep, so I'll sit at the table and quietly cut balsa or something while the family sleeps. Life is short friends, love your friends and family every chance you get.  Sorry to bring things down, just had to get off my chest.
Yeah...... Tell 'em you love 'em, because you never know when you'll see them the last time. Sorry.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:54 pm

No problem, the builds are coming along very nicely. I'd be interested in seeing what the finished weight is on that S1-A.

My original 50's Sterling S1 is a fat 34oz!

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 pm

I put the first coat of white dope on the .35 size RM, so I won't bring it in the house around my wife (pictures later).  The white really shows the problems with my building.  Finished the little coroplast BRM and test flew it.  Three one minute flights about prefect of the drawing board.  It needs a larger motor to stunt I think, but should work well for training at the Ringmaster Flyathon.  I'll bring it to the fun fly in Portland tomorrow.

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Dsc_0024

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Dsc_0025

Sorry for the electric guys, it just makes a great trainer.  Then we hit with the gasers!

nice electric!
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Empty The Ringmaster Family! With the Big Brother.

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Here's the Ringmasters I've been working on for the last month or so.  They all should be ready for the Ringmaster Flyathon next weekend.  I now have the Beginner, Baby, Jr., Brodak S-1, oh and the coroplast electric.  With any luck I'll get the Micro do too.
Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Ringma10
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:58 pm

What a handsome group!

Make sure you build the RM 1000. It's an animal!!!!

How well did the Jr. Balance out?

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:What a handsome group!

Make sure you build the RM 1000. It's an animal!!!!

How well did the Jr. Balance out?

Ron
The Jr. flies really well. It has an OS .15 FP for an engine. I've been joking around about entering beginner stunt with it, it will do the whole pattern if I could. I don't think there's anything it can't do. Now me, that's a different story. Next year I'd like to build the Bipe series.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm

I have only seen a couple Jr's fly one of them had a .15 FP like yours. It pulled like a freight train, yet it was super nose heavy. I wonder how one would do with a TD .09 up front.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:28 am

I haven't thought about it for awhile, but I remember it being right on the CG. It is a Pat King model though, maybe that makes a difference. It was a great build, I-beam contsruction and everything fit very nice. The little plane really grooves around the circle, like it's on rails. My son flew it this summer and he hasn't stop demanding I give it to him.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 am

duke.johnson wrote:I put the first coat of white dope on the .35 size RM, so I won't bring it in the house around my wife (pictures later).  The white really shows the problems with my building.  Finished the little coroplast BRM and test flew it.  Three one minute flights about prefect of the drawing board.  It needs a larger motor to stunt I think, but should work well for training at the Ringmaster Flyathon.  I'll bring it to the fun fly in Portland tomorrow.

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Dsc_0024

Another new Ringmaster. The Big Brother! - Page 2 Dsc_0025

Sorry for the electric guys, it just makes a great trainer.  Then we hit with the gasers!
Nice electric.  You running a timer or rc throttle? I'd like to see more pictures, when you get a chance.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:45 am

I'm running a timmer, you can see it next to the bellcrank. Some guys run a RC throttle for the trainers, it gives them the chance to cut the engine if there's trouble or slow it down if it's to fast for the beginner. What would you like pictures of, I'll have the son take them. I have plans for an Electric Jr Ringmaster someday. I'd also like to build an Electric Akromaster.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am

Does the timer provide protection in-case of a crash and not overload the circuit?
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 am

I'm not sure, I'm not the best guy to ask about electric set ups. If crashed and the motor is stopped early, you hear a short buzzing noise then the power shuts off. So I would guess the answer is yes. It's an E-Flite timer and you can adjust the RPM's and run time (one min., two min.,three minutes.) It''s cheap and you don't have to have a programmer and you can get it just about everywhere. You can change the RPM's while the motor is running too.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:21 am

WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

Don't mind me... but that motor seems HUGE for what you need. What size is it?
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 am

I'd also run a prop saver on there, especially for a trainer.

Here's what I'd have in mind:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__2069__hextronik_24gram_brushless_outrunner_1300kv.html
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:00 pm

This set up was on another trainer this summer. It's 1500Kv and it will not stunt, it just goes round and round. But that's all I wanted it to do as a trainer. The other plane was the ET-1 trainer off the Stunt hanger forum. It was a better trainer, but I wanted a coroplast trainer for the Ringmaster flyathon. So I cut a Beginner RM out of coroplast.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Looks like a Turnigy motor, any idea the model number?
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 pm

I believe it was a E-max FC28-22 1500Kv.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:57 pm

WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

No. Sorry, I gave you the wrong number. It's a FC 28-12. The FC 28-22 is the one I wanted, but they were not in stock in the USA.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next