Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by aspeed Today at 8:06 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper - Page 2 Empty Re: Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper

Post  brianskate Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:40 am

bnitram wrote:Oh great. You have luck. How far are you ? When will you finish the car ?

bnitram

I already assemble engine few days ago and try to fire it up couple times,but it did not work. Neutral

only one time almost start but stop like one second,my pull start some times very lose and will not spring back do you know what is cause this problem,i checked all cox web engine and problem guide,but still no idea what should i do next or just try start more.
brianskate
brianskate
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper - Page 2 Empty Re: Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper

Post  roddie Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 pm

brianskate wrote:
bnitram wrote:Oh great. You have luck. How far are you ? When will you finish the car ?

bnitram

I already assemble engine few days ago and try to fire it up couple times,but it did not work. Neutral

only one time almost start but stop like one second,my pull start some times very lose and will not spring back do you know what is cause this problem,i checked all cox web engine and problem guide,but still no idea what should i do next or just try start more.

Hi Brian, Make sure you have good fuel.. and the CORRECT fuel. I would highly recommend "Sig Champion" fuel for 1/2A (.049) engines, if you can source it. Do NOT use "Cox Super Fuel".. because "Hobbico" (it's distributor) has been made aware that it is actually harmful to Cox engines.. and they are in the process of reformulating the blend to have the correct amount and ratio of castor oil and synthetic oil in the mix.

Also.. do not connect any higher than 1.5V DC to the glow-plug. Doing so will immediately burn-out the element/coil in the glow-head.

Your pull-starter may have a worn "band-spring". Search on ebay for "Cox pull-starter" parts.. and try to get some spares. It might be worth taking the pull-starter assembly apart to inspect/re-wind it. Check for broken pieces of the band-spring. I don't know too much about the pull-starter.. but if the band-spring is broken at an end; you may be able to cut it shorter.. and file new notches into the band, where it connects to the housing. If the pull-cord is worn.. you may be able to replace it with some 30# test fishing line; like "Spiderwire EZ braid". When you reassemble the pull-starter, spray the internal components with a dry-type silicone lube, so it winds/unwinds smoothly.

Lastly.. open the needle-valve a little more than the specified "running-setting".. to start the engine. It may not be getting enough fuel. If it starts and continues to run with a low "burbly" sound.. that's ok. Gradually close the needle-valve until the engine begins to speed up. It's a good practice to adjust back and forth between the low (burbly) setting, where the engine is getting plenty of fuel and lubrication.. and shortly "peaking it out" to higher rpm's.. to get used to the needle-valve setting. When you run the car on the track/pavement, you'll need to find the optimal setting as well. This can change with atmospheric conditions and different fuel-blends too.  

Hope this helps.. Good luck!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brianskate Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:50 am

Thanks Roddie!!!

So detailed advise,i will get a new spring for the engine see if still got the lose problem.

For the fuel,it's really hard to find the nitro with castor in my area,I'm use the Tornado 25% nitro fuel,the fuel include 10.5% ricinus and synthetic oils.Also two D battery for glow head.
brianskate
brianskate
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  brianskate Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 am

Very strange situation in my engine right now .

I'm unable to start with muffler and throttle parts,but if I take off these two parts I can start the engine for no problem,but once put back it became no start only few time look like a little fire up.buy never run.

Anyone got some idea can share to me.

Thanks
brianskate
brianskate
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  bnitram Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi,
do you set the throttle right?
You have to start the engine at full throttle. otherwise the engine won't start. The throttle setting is not easy but if you open the muffler by removing the screw you can see the throttle valve. So you can correct the servo arm to full open.

I hope i can help you

bnitram
bnitram
bnitram
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Yes full throttle is required on the beetle and the mini from kyosho. I don`t know why yet, couse the f1 car starts mostly on a little bit more than idle speed (I guess because of the flywheel or clutchbell). On the F1 car they are ball beared.

Make sure the arm for the throttle valve is mounted correctly, it has to be tight outherwise the servo will move it from its center. The cylinder slits have to be beside of the right and left side if you look through the exhaust.

Be sure the cylinder is thigten too and of course the glow plug head works. The Kyosho Cox Car engines are machined very well, they do start with the correct fuel and heater and correct full speed needle very fast, 3 turns from the bottom is recommended. You can also try 2 1/2 turn from the bottom on full throttle if it don't start and add some fuel on the screen.

These engines need some experience on cars, they are little diva's. But once thy start you don`t get it to know that such a little old fashionable engine is able to make those nice screaming sound. Nothing is to match with a cox engine... Small Cox Logo

My english is poor I know, i am sorry...
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:19 pm

coxaddicted wrote:...Nothing is to match with a cox engine... Small Cox Logo

My english is poor I know, i am sorry...
It's okay, Coxaddicted, you are able to get your point across. Welcome back to CEF.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Coxaddicted, your english is fine.
I have no problem understanding you.
Be comfortable pal.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Yes, your English is fine - you have a better handle on the language than most people my age. Rolling Eyes
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  brianskate Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:27 am

Wow,i maybe got some mistake in cylinder slits direction,right now my setting is face to exhaust port(throttle valve) 6 o'clock direction,another in 12 o'clock direction,will try to make it to 9 and 3 o'clock direction later.

I'm totally understand what you guys explanation,no problem.
brianskate
brianskate
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  brianskate Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:19 am

It look like my start problem is not the cylinder slits direction,because my cylinder locked direction will be different once i installed the throttle valve part,right now i just put the washer(part 95) upside down the cylinder can be tighten like without throttle valve part,then my engine is started but unstable. Huh...

Maybe need some hard works Smoking
brianskate
brianskate
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:34 am

Was looking and this you may bee interested in ....   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cox-Dune-Buggy-Baja-Buggy-049-Gas-Parts-/111495715638?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f5a99b36 Hope not to mess with others bidding Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  brianskate Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Ok,i can start my engine Small Cox Logo in my hand for no big problem right now,but once install to chassis the zip starter become a nightmare,really hard to start the engine again. Shocked

thanks everyone who gave me some idea for start the engine. Clapping
brianskate
brianskate
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  bnitram Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:45 am

Hello brianskate,
that is a good news. Do you have the muffler also installed when you start it in your hand? What is in the chassis difference ? Is the starter sluggish? Does the starter spring works ?

bnitram

PS:
in a few days I get my new boby because the VW Beetle is in too bad conditions. It will be a "Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint GTA". I will post some pictures when I get it.
bnitram
bnitram
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper - Page 2 Empty quick hijack- sorry

Post  fredvon4 Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:56 am

Brianskate, welcome to the forum. I lived on the Island Taiwan/Formosa from 1961 to 1964 when my father was an adviser to General Chiang Kai-shek. We lived in Taichung and I have great memories of that time. Where are you? Tell us a little about your self
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  bnitram Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:39 am

fredvon4 wrote:Brianskate, welcome to the forum. I lived on the Island Taiwan/Formosa from 1961 to 1964 when my father was an adviser to General Chiang Kai-shek. We lived in Taichung and I have great memories of that time.  Where are you? Tell us a little about your self

@fredvon4
I don't think that this thread, a CAR thread, is the right place for life discussion.
Not without reason there is a introduction thread.
https://www.coxengineforum.com/f6-introduction

bnitram
bnitram
bnitram
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Kyosho .049 Cox VW Beetle / Mini Cooper - Page 2 Empty Es tut mir leid , bitte vergib mir

Post  fredvon4 Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:57 am

Entschuldigung

I am well aware of the Intro part of this forum

If you saw my title of the post I said I was sorry in advance for the brief HiJack

I remember being first to welcome you in the intro thread you started Dec 1012

And I still feel the same way about you and your country

V/R
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  brianskate Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi guys,no problem,I'm just a normal rc cox Small Cox Logo fans from far far away Taiwan.

Glad to know some body had been stay in my country.

Yesterday I finally start the engine on chassis cheers
Also play a while the throttle valve and needle valve with finger,right now I'm going to assemble all chassis then try it again,the zip starter look like really not good for start the cox engine,I already order some new spring part,will going to replace once I received,maybe can turn the zip starter more strong and easy start.

I will post some picture or video once I start the engine. Very Happy
brianskate
brianskate
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Es tut mir Leid bnitram, aber...

fredvon4 wrote:Brianskate, welcome to the forum. I lived on the Island Taiwan/Formosa from 1961 to 1964 when my father was an adviser to General Chiang Kai-shek. We lived in Taichung and I have great memories of that time.  

For real?! Holy... Now that's quite a story right there! Feel free to tell more, maybe on some other thread so as not to hijack this one.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 pm

ive always liked the GTP kyoshyo version but could never afford one ( they always get bidded out off my reach on evilbays)

Yes im back on CEF...(i think ive delt with all the lil demons in my head...after our son's demise)
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2