Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Cox_ba12

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by dan vincent Today at 6:15 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty Re: who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:47 am

Opps! Lol, I didn't notice it was labeled as a P-47, I surfed: Radio control/control line, Cox Skyraider and must of just noticed photo...

If you're doing a lot of eBay buying, you need to sign up for eSnipe, or similar program.

http://www.esnipe.com/
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty Re: who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:29 am

I did not know that that existed.

I generally bid just once, what the item(s) are worth to me and that's it.  I probably have been "sniped" many times.  

Those four .049's, two "postage stamps" and two traditional engines.  Probably $7.50 engines, but with glow heads going for what they are and the seller offering free shipping I couldn't resist.  With the twin kits that I have been buying I can always use more engines.  I'm also taking to heart "Cribbs Law" with one engine to spare. Wink
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:04 am

Mark Boesen wrote:I'd surf ebay, the Cox version is nicer and probably cheaper, they were made in Navy blue and gray and reintroduced in the 80's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COX-GAS-ENGINE-TETHER-PLANE-WWII-P-47-1964-NEVER-FLOWN-/381081811307?pt=US_Radio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item58ba3ef96b

Well, thanks Mark. I "won" this A1 aka AD (series) Cox Skyraider. The seller wanted to be sure that I knew it wasn't a P-47. Smile

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 AD-6_zps83ea045e

I have a couple of R/C foam Airfield Skyraiders, but it's not the same.

Thanks again for the direction.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Wow, congrats! Nice score, good price too. If you're planing on detailing it out, i have some NOS (new old stock) insignias for a Cox Helldiver that might be the same, shoot me a pm.

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 00410
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:52 am

I wonder how this decal of a black panther would scale to my Cox A1 Skyraider? It's in the packages of the aquamite boat parts that I won on ebay.

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Blackpanther_zpsd49bf1bb

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 AD-6_zps83ea045e

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 A-1skyraiderpicture_zps006c6e5a

This of course is the later A-6 Intruder of VA-35.

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 VA-35panthers_zps1a840c6f
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:10 pm

I'd trade you the helldiver decal for the wen-mac panther decal?
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:I'd trade you the helldiver decal for the wen-mac panther decal?

Ha... You would have to pry those panther decals out of my cold deceased hands..... Shocked

Check the vertical stablizer on that bottom picture above.

Let me see if they would even fit on the A1 first.  

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:05 pm

That's the only logo Wen-Mac ever made, they're kinda rare! You might consider making a decal off of a scan for the Skyraider if you don't want to swap.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:44 am

Thanks Mark, Those aquamite boat parts went on the cheap, eleven bucks and change. I really only need the mooring fixture on the bow. I may need the windshield frame too, but it's white and the accessories on mine are red. Of all the aquamites that I have seen, none show that decal. Not something that fits on a boat anyway.

The transfers are possible I have the decal transfer sheets.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty Cox engines collection

Post  jmcalata Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello guys Laughing  there are some pics of my Small Cox Logo engines collection.

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Pd_4_f10

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Pd_2_f10

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Pd_5_f10

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Pd_6_f10
jmcalata
jmcalata
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://aeroguada.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Wow, Looks like quantity and quality!  I like your plastic stands, custom made by yourself?  

The what I judge to be pictures only of both sides of the engines is striking.  But there are engines there that do not appear on your display stands.  Do you have them also?

Tell us more......
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:11 pm

My Cox collection is in a pair of drawers, best left closed in the presence of cameras. All have been flown. One drawer for .049 reedies, Bees of all sorts. And the other drawer for rotary valve .049s and an .09, all Tee Dees and a Mudhen RR1. Several of both kinds are pre-owned Fit90 engines. I also have a pre-owned Mark Boesen engine, and a pre-owned Jason_WI engine, both .25s fly on a regular basis, but neither is a Cox. I saw a Pee Wee in real life once, but I didn't touch it.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:34 pm

If Jason sees this thread ya'll are gonna have your eyes opened Shocked
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:45 am

Well, you all have seen this mess before. I may be able to get most of the Cox engines running but only about a quarter of the Wen's, Ok's, and Testors. Since I took this picture I have probably added about 20 more - Gilberts, O&R's, Cox, and Wen's. I'm just trying to catch up to the rest of you.

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Loft-ebayNikon003_zps49b28dee
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:07 am

jmcalata wrote:Hello guys Laughing  there are some pics of my Small Cox Logo engines collection.

I like those stands too and I'm curious where you got them?

Nice engines, I didn't know there was a 5cc stunt tank (Babe Bee Acro), not very common I guess?

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  jmcalata Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Hello, the plastic stands are used to expose minerals and fossils

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Stand10

There are three sizes.

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Peanas10

http://www.zonaminera.es/Accesorios.php

I have many and I drilling and threading at times to complete my entire collection.

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 P1010713

I think the Babe Bee Acro stunt tank it´s a Frankestein engine. Huh...

Engines exposed at wood spars are cool. Christmas Tree
jmcalata
jmcalata
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:19 pm

That is a very neat way of displaying your engines.

The one at the front is a DC Bee, I have quite a few of those. It was a British competitor to the Cox Babe Bee following the very poor DC Bantam.

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t3350-dc-bee-cox-bee-competitor
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:42 am

jmcalata wrote:Hello, the plastic stands are used to expose minerals and fossils

Now that is pure genius Clapping

Not that expensive either, at 0.80€ a piece. Is the material easy to work with?
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:11 am

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty find

Post  jmcalata Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:18 am

Great Very Happy you have found, the plastic is very fragile Sad , you must make the holes and threads carefully.

Really Babe Bee .049 engines are fossils. lol!
jmcalata
jmcalata
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:If Jason sees this thread ya'll are gonna have your eyes opened Shocked

I need a bigger table to take a pic of my collection. I have about 30 more engines to restore for winter.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:41 pm

A bigger table and then a week of free time to stage them all...
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty Drilling and threading plastic

Post  706jim Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:18 am

I have had the best luck working with plexiglass (other plastics should be similar) using plain water as a lubricant for drills and taps.

Something you could try while making more of these cool engine mounts.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 Empty here is my collection of cox indy cars

Post  McLaren M16 Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:21 pm

who has the biggest collection of cox engines and plastic factory cars and planes - Page 2 20141112
McLaren M16
McLaren M16

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Nice collection
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next