Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Fuji 099 SII Cox_ba12

Fuji 099 SII Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Crank case anodizing
by Oldenginerod Today at 2:39 am

» Steampunk................
by KariFS Today at 2:32 am

» Cox Glow Plug Clip Question
by atesus Today at 12:33 am

» Highly distressed and missing one roller bearing, the O&R .29 and it's mount are finished
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Cox 140 Beaver
by BlackWidow Yesterday at 4:38 pm

» Cameron engine?
by Dredd Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» Possible scam ?
by Admin Yesterday at 12:26 pm

» AMA says Uni Knot...exclusively
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:02 am

» Cox fuel can, one I did not have
by Admin Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:19 pm

» Peanut oil
by aspeed Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:06 pm

» Venturi without mesh screen (installation) --- Enya Rear Induction engines too!
by davidll1984 Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:22 pm

» Sparkers - different
by rsv1cox Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 am

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2021
Kim's

"Rusty's RR-1 runs up on the Q-Tee on a beautiful Summer S.M.A.L.L. Day."

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery

Fuji 099 SII Empty

Fuji 099 SII

Go down

Fuji 099 SII Empty Fuji 099 SII

Post  ian1954 Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Fuji 099 SII Fuji_010
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Fuji 099 SII Empty Re: Fuji 099 SII

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Looks like an earlier version, Ian. They are nice engines, even with the 5.5:1 compression ratio. It basically looks internally like a copy of Enya. (.09-III is actually .099 in displacement but with 7.5:1 compression ratio.) One I have is the RC version, they went from the Mehanite piston and steel sleeve to chrome plated brass sleeve with aluminum piston. Iv'e got the same muffler as yours, the one with a priming port and ability to make it a venturi muffler if I drill out the hole in the front (albeit increased noise).

I suppose I should get a touch more high end having a lower mass piston and with the lower compression go to higher nitro fuels (25%).  Laughing
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:48 am

I saw you post "25%" nitro and thought - not a good idea but then RTFMd and saw

Fuji 099 SII Img07010

ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:57 am

Instructions I left on RCGroups some time back:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23295444&postcount=228

state 40% nitro for speed and free flight (competition), but emphasize minimum oil content 20% with at least 5% Castor. I kepted nitro level below 30% to conserve plug life.  Very Happy 
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:02 am

@GallopingGhostler wrote:Instructions I left on RCGroups some time back:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23295444&postcount=228

state 40% nitro for speed and free flight (competition), but emphasize minimum oil content 20% with at least 5% Castor. I kepted nitro level below 30% to conserve plug life.  Very Happy 

That is a nice and informative posting. I occasionally visit that forum but, like so many, it is inhabited by some serious, humourless individuals that seem prone to picking written arguments over nothing.

This, apart from engineering sites, is the only one I post to. It is the most communicative, participative site I have come across.

Here one can show what to do and what not to do. Be part of a learning process and tease (inflict sarcasm and humour) without retribution. Politeness rules! All opinions are accommodated in a friendly manner.

After seeing your original post. I had not come across what I would term as a bog standard hobby shop engine of that era being recommended to run with such high nitro 25%) and then to see the manual promoting 50%.

You live and learn!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:01 pm

@ian1954 wrote:That is a nice and informative posting. I occasionally visit that forum but, like so many, it is inhabited by some serious, humourless individuals that seem prone to picking written arguments over nothing.
Thanks for your kind words and your observation with RCU is also true. It is one of the reasons why I no longer post there as "OkiThumper" (spent two years in Okinawa Japan as a civilian engineer employed by the U.S. Government and "thumper" is a large single cylinder engine motorcycle - mine a Suzuki LS650 Savage). There are some who will argue on the pinhead of a needle over the most trivial issues, very childish indeed. I requested cancellation of my account then.

This, apart from engineering sites, is the only one I post to. It is the most communicative, participative site I have come across.
I graduated in 1981 from the University of Hawaii with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. I used to post prolifically in engineering, science and computer forums, but since retiring, haven't spent much time there.

Here one can show what to do and what not to do. Be part of a learning process and tease (inflict sarcasm and humour) without retribution. Politeness rules! All opinions are accommodated in a friendly manner.
True, the audience here is well mannered, the administrative moderation is excellent, and all act like adults in meaningful discussion. Other sites I like are the Hip Pocket Aeronautics and Brotherhood of the Ring forums. Stuka Stunt, Stunt Hangar, and RC Universe overall have decent moderation I gather, too and I have posted there on occasion.

After seeing your original post. I had not come across what I would term as a bog standard hobby shop engine of that era being recommended to run with such high nitro 25%) and then to see the manual promoting 50%. You live and learn!
Yes, these engines have been a learning process. For example, I didn't know that some engines don't run well on heavier inertia plastic props, but run well on wood props. This includes my Enya .09-III TV and Fuji .099II-S ABC. When I went to wooden props, they became much easier to start and adjust.

I've found that at least for myself, the Enya plain bearing cross scavenge engines are powerful and the smaller run as well as the more modern Schneurles. I was surprised to see that the Enya .09-III TV was a tad more powerful than my 1964 OS Max .10R/C, although the OS is a fine running little engine. Add in the Testors McCoys, Gilberts, Foxes, and even now the earlier Coxes, I consider all of these fun engines.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum