Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Cox_ba12

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by Kim Today at 3:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Post  RknRusty Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:54 pm

NEW222 wrote:Would this be allowed? Not a Cox model, but will be Cox powered.

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Pt-19_10
Mark will have to say for sure, but I don't think he'll bar anybody from having fun on this special huge weekend of the year. Hey, if it's got a Cox engine, it's a Cox plane, right. I think Eric flew a home made plane.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Post  roddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 pm

I like Kim's idea.. an endurance challenge! Add the "Lindberg element" into the contest!

Eric.. you can use your BIG balloon! Do you have a horseshoe back-plate that you can bolt on there? How long can you go-round in circles.. 5 min.? 6.. 7?

Who's gonna' run a 6 x 2 LH prop? That's what mine came with.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:20 am

I got my specs. from Kim I got real close and it flew well till I got stupid with it but its ready soon as I put the control wire back on it . I have horse shoe back plate but I am thinking a BW or GB would be enough time in the air for one run plus it needs a little more power . I don't have a video but there is a pic here back on page 1 un painted then after the crash on page 2 . Eric Babe Bee .049

Last edited by getback on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction on pages)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ARUP Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:33 am

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to find a 'real' one and will build one, too! I figure to put a Sure Start in it with a LARGE tank! Fly for hours! Very Happy
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:58 pm

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Pt-19_10

Yup.  It'll count.  Keith Morgan sent me the plans when he first drew them up and asked if they could be used.  So long as it has a Cox engine in it, it'll be counted.

The Count Mark.  Ah--Ah--Ahhhh!
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:00 pm

roddie wrote:

Who's gonna' run a 6 x 2 LH prop? That's what mine came with.  

I flew my white PT-19 with the 6x2 LH prop. I was disappointed with it. I swapped it out after the first flight.

The Picky Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Empty Now in ownership of a very nice PT-19 from craigslist

Post  PeterJGregory Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:24 pm

On Friday, I went and met a very nice craigslist speculator who sold me a Cox Pt-19 he found at a garage sale.
He had it all cleaned up and I will have to test the engine this week.

Let's get that date on the calendar for 2016!
What I want to do is fly it a bit at my club and try to have other members drag theirs out for the event this year.

Here you go, image attached.The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Sold_p12
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 pm

ARUP wrote:If I can't ever find a 'real' one can I make one myself? If so what are the specs?

Keep an eye out on eBay and Craigslist.
If you belong to a club, I bet somebody has one in the basement they'd be willing to sell.
I only had to look for about a month or 6 weeks before one came up on craigslist. Was priced at the going rate on eBay, but the gent was willing to meet me half way to cut my drive down to an hour. Plus, he's my new dealer - he hits lots of garage sales outside my territory and I told him to keep my number handy in case he scouts anything worthwhile.

Cheers - Peter
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:29 am

PLANS! please it looks great!
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:28 am

Plans by Keith Morgan over on stunt hanger:

Drawing of Cox model:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=37584.0;attach=155560;image

Drawing of coro-plastic model:
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=37584.0;attach=155918;image

I've printed a set, I think it was Mark who built 3 of them here. Can't find his link yet.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks!
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:13 pm

That's the one I built too and can't wait to get it up in the air.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Marleysky wrote:
I've printed a set, I think it was Mark who built 3 of them here. Can't find his link yet.

Here 'tis:
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t7901-my-take-on-keith-morgans-pt-19-trainer?highlight=keith+motgan

The Forward Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:58 pm

How do we go about getting a date on the calendar for an event this year? I'm beginning to talk this up at my clubs.

(photo from member H5606 on RCU)
The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Pt191011
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Empty PT 19 event 7-27 2030...a 20 year reunion?

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:12 am

Finishing up a couple of much larger models and pulled down the Black hawk PT 19 and Wizard to decide if one or both spring builds or wait for summer visit with grand son...

Remembered this event so reread from the start in 2014...

Curious about 2015

ABout a year ago PeterJGregory asked about sched for 2016

I always enjoyed all the specialty CEF events and very glad we have a 2017 tach race upcoming...

How about resurrecting this fun copy of the Ring Master fly-a thon?

I might propose an "any weekend from June to Sept 2017" to fly and brag about PT 19 flights
This would capture almost all of us CEFers world wide, with at least one good weather weekend

The ONLY Rule is...fly any Cox plastic PT 19 or any other variant and brag all about it...extra credit for Video or post crash NTSB photos

Winner* gets an partial** expense payed vacation to Central Texas Phreds place any date of winners choosing

*There can be an unlimited number of winners select by Rusty and Kim the official CDs of this event

** Air or car travel on you... I will house, feed, and entertain you for up to 10 days... then you gotts to leave town

Feel blessed, I only let FAMILY stay 5 days before they annoy me....

OK ...so 2017 Tach race is set in motion....Thanks a big bunch Ron.... BTW I know Ron and this is a big deal to get him to CD and logistic out this annual CEF event that Mark Boesen originated with his Yahoo Cox group... I want to help in any way I can--- from afar...but could be conned into travel to Cribb's abode to help

Please enter and keep the Cox flame burning

Lets get serious this year with the OTHER CEF traditions...Jason does such a grand job keeping this site paid for and we provide the activity...let's step it up a notch or two as we near 2020

Few good web forums last this long---and I can attest this is the best one I know of ,,, for me it seems a bit ironic,,,, that Jason joined his own forum on my birthday in 2010---- and it took me 13 months later to find CEF and join
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:44 pm

Yo, I've heard that after 5 continuous days in a row, staying in Texas, you become a born again Texas native! And don't have to leave!! Beers
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm down for that! Another PT19 Day sounds great.
I have a piece or two that will be a challenge to fix on my PT19, actually my son's plane. He busted it trying to do a loop on the last PT19 Day. But I'm convinced there is nothing busted that I cannot fix. Mine i... was hanging in the shop, slowly dropping parts as the rubber bands rotted, and I noticed a week or so ago that the whole thing is in a heap on the floor now. So something has to be done about that, or I may get drummed out of the Cox Lovers' Corps.
Rotten Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Hey Michigan man

If you can survive 5 days in this sheep and goat herder town/county without going bat crap bezerk ---you can indeed claim secondary Texas citizenship

Beware ... I have been here twenty two years now, and the locals still regard me and our, born here, children as a Yankee interlopers

screw em....

If-n you-all come to visit ---I will assure you the most back woods and mundane NOTHING Happening experience of your life...

Watch an episode of Justified or OUTSIDERS... contrast this.... ONE and ONLY 1 murder in last 23 years... was most likely justified IMO

15 year old male Teenager beat the death out of his adult male molester...convicted because he hid the body and it was found

I leave the keys in the car and brag about it...we have never ever locked any door or window on this house other than to see if the keys and latches worked

All 4 of my dogs will readily show you where the good stuff is

All my arsenal of guns... A LOT of different weapons and ammo... are long time now securely in a safe.. well away from grand kids hands

Dry county (but a few WET Towns) every time I buy cases of beer and boxes of booze on Fort Hood and drive to my micro ranch, I am technically violating some insane transport of alcohol law...

When I moved here in 1979 the first time for assignment to Fort Hood--- driving around with an open bottle of beer between legs was OK--- but a 24 pack in the trunk was against the law

Screwy Baptist derived alcohol laws... still exist to this day...Butt heads

You know why I can't buy a 6 pack of beer on Sunday before the foot ball game?.. Southern Baptist's made is so I had to wait until THEY got out of church...Like I was likely to buy ALL of it before they had a go at the beer aisle...sheesh!

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:04 pm

Fred, Freddy, the Frederman (Frasier Crane) why don't you tell us what you really think. Smile Smile

Your part of Texas sounds pretty good to some of us West Virginians. But you know that. Two twenty year old somethings dumped a girls body in the pond behind my house before we bought the place then returned days later to pull her out and bury her some place else. Someone ratted them out and and one is paying the price while the other is still running around in his pickup truck. I think WV is #1 in the nation for meth labs and perscription drug abuse. I lock my doors and I'm extremely well armed.

That said, I have great neighbors and I have never had a lick of trouble.

But, I do have a flyable Cox PT and at the appointed time on the appointed date I will give it a try.

Robert
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 am

I see a lot of "too much drinky poo PHRED" yakking in this thread -----but it is mid Aug 2017 and we seem to have lost our CEF way a bit

Not sure how to encourage more participation in these:

Cox Engine of the month!!   more about this*
Annual Cox Tach race
Annual Profile Reed Speed contest
Annual Fly It If You got I PT-19

The traveling Prop was a huge success from my point of view
As is the traveling engine...

OK the logistics are a little wonky but mostly every member with the prop or engine has intrigued all of us with local lore and fun...

I personally suspect I have been to many more different places on this earth that any other member....BUT the Traveling Prop, and I hope the engine, have shown me other interesting places and histories I had not experienced
Beat the drum on the CEF Monthly Cox engine contest guys

*Mostly because it is for OUR fun... but we also need to respect the hard work and $$$ of Jason, Matt, and Bernie
We need to find some way to encourage better participation and broader scope of voting
Offering a prize came with the expectation of name recognition and hopefully some sales to offset the cost of the offered prize.... I suspect both Matt and Bernie have a net loss so far and I know they CAN NOT sustain that indefinably
I say again "We need to find some way to encourage better participation and broader scope of voting"

I am especially Sad that Bernie called for papers in May for the quarterly news letter and did not get any support

CEF is Jason's baby, and I sincerely thank him for this forum...my personal fav

BUT CEF is really ALL of US...

OK frustrated and starting to rant

I miss Super Dave but suspect age and life got him
I miss Duke but suspect teen age kids drifted away and he lost the flame -for now-
there are quite a few others with a lot of opinion or ideas I am sure we all miss
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:31 pm

You have the memory of an elephant Fred, I thought I had killed off this thread long ago. roddie only thinks he's the official CEF thread killer. Smile

Well said Fred, and I have thought many times re the engine of the month and the expense to EX Model Engines to provide that Black Lynx engine. Everybody involved in sponsoring/supporting this site deserves our respect and support.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:16 pm

fredvon4 wrote:You know why I can't buy a 6 pack of beer on Sunday before the foot ball game?.. Southern Baptist's made is so I had to wait until THEY got out of church...Like I was likely to buy ALL of it before they had a go at the beer aisle...sheesh!

Fred,

Why do you always invite two Baptists when you go fishing? If you only take one, he'll drink all your Beer.

The Baptist Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:20 pm

You said it all Fred, and thanks for saying it. +
I only wish I could be as eloquent after a few(alright several).
Also, I was just thinking about "The "Super One" yesterday.
Glad we're all here, and hope Dave's ok.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am

I don't know why I always type Jacob as Jason....

Sincere apologies Jacob... This Site Rocks!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 3 Empty Deja Vu All Over Again, I'm Baaack, Etc...

Post  PeterJGregory Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 am

So here goes, same question as Last Year, 2016:
"How do we go about getting a date on the calendar for an event this year? I'm beginning to talk this up at my clubs."

Ok, I will go so far as to propose the approximate same weekend as a few years ago -

How about Fri-Sat-Sun 22, 23, 24 of Sept 2017?

What does everybody think?

FYI - The Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon is Sat, Oct 7 and Sun, Oct 8.

Cheers, Poughkeepsie Pete
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next