Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Cox_ba12

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:07 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Empty
Live on Patrol

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II

Go down

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Empty Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II

Post  larrys4227 Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:52 am

Its been a long time since someone took a video of me .....  My wife and grandson visited me again down the field.

Not the best video, but its just a phone camera and my wife also had to watch the 2 year old so he didn't try to run out to me.

The Golden Bee II has an MAS 5x3 prop, and a Merlin plug.  Fuel is Sig with a touch of castor added.

Heres my stooge .... works well!

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Large

------------------------------------------------

And heres the video .....

larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Empty Re: Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II

Post  getback Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:42 am

Damn it Man !! was that the maiden ? you just went right into some out right maneuvers right out the gate Good Fun , Nothing wrong with that video ! Thanks for sharing , getback Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Empty Re: Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II

Post  larrys4227 Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Noooo ... that wasn't the maiden flight. Probably have 20-30 flights on it now. Took awhile to get the fuel pickup just right .... line length ... and th merlin plug really seemed to help. About the only inconsistency now is finding the right needle setting flight after flight. Glad you enjoyed it ... Very Happy
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Aw, aw, awesome! That was a real treat to see. Just love them screaming little engines. I need to get something up in the air soon, but I still enjoy watching others fly. Thanks for the video(s)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sig Skyray Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Plane looks great and nice flying Larry! Thanks for sharing.

Greg
Sig Skyray
Sig Skyray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Great video. That thing really moves.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 pm

I love it! This thread and the one on SH have inspired me to start rebuilding a very poorly covered Lil' Satan that was given to me.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricTony Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Very Cool Cool
It always amazes me the things a good C/L pilot can do. All I ever did was go in circles & get dizzier than I already was.
That's why I switched to R/C RC Plane

Great job!

Regards,
Tony
ElectricTony
ElectricTony
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:05 pm

So you just yank it out of the scatter rug stooge at full up and off it goes? I think most of mine would take a nose dive but I'm, going to try it.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 pm

rsv1cox wrote:So you just yank it out of the scatter rug stooge at full up and off it goes?  I think most of mine would take a nose dive but I'm, going to try it.

Bob

Well, I wouldn't say "yank it" ... you kind of want to take a smooth step back.

If you notice ... the rug is holding the plane rather snugly by use of one of my tool boxes. It needs to be held that way while you walk to the handle. Then gently take up the slack .... and then smoothly step back. I suppose I hold alittle up .... but not full up.

That brings me to one other thing .... the Satan has a built up wing and that helps with getting a successful takeoff. Now that I've done it enough .... the Satan is very predictable and I can get a nice launch 10 out of 10 times.

Now, my Lil Bats are a different story. These have nothing more than a balsa sheet wing ... and takeoffs are very entertaining. I never know where its going to go .... sometimes it stuffs itself right into the ground .... other times it will loop as soon as its free. This is where stepping back .... a good step back and KEEP stepping back .... is helpful so you don't smash the plane into the table.

Be careful too .... I've had my Lil Bat come right at me out of the stooge. I start running like I stepped on a hornets nest.

lol! lol! lol!

Like I said ... VERY entertaining to launch a balsa sheet plane. I know I'm having a good time when I'm laughing and running .... and theres nobody else around but me and the plane.

Smoking Smoking Smoking
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sig Skyray Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:32 pm

rsv1cox wrote:So you just yank it out of the scatter rug stooge at full up and off it goes?  I think most of mine would take a nose dive but I'm, going to try it.

Bob

We just tested our stooge for the first time yesterday.  Launching the plank wing Deweybird with a blackwidow with a 6x3 it went great!  The first time.  On successive attempts I couldn't get it to go... just wanted to drop and not come up.  I was giving it just a touch of elevator not to slow the plane down much.  It's needs all the forward motion it can muster.  I imagine my lighter Skyray will launch better from this stooge but as you can see this one is only about 2 1/2 feet high.  I used cardboard and it held and slid nicely.

We've been hand-launching the Skyray as it has no gear and I've noticed too much elevator slows the plane down significantly.

A stooge a couple feet higher is in order.
Greg
Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Stooge10
Sig Skyray
Sig Skyray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Ingenuity at its finest!! Nice setup! Yes ... flat balsa sheet planes are a challenge to get going ..... make sure to step back. Smile

I really need to start flying my Satan with a streamer .... that way, people across the field at the RC stations will know I'm actually flying and not twisting in circles like some nut case .... Hahaha!!
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sig Skyray Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Ahhh, you noticed the streamer. Good catch! That little weight and drag may have made the difference!

BTW, we drove thru Mulberry and Lakeland past my old houses a couple weeks back on the way back from Tampa.
Sig Skyray
Sig Skyray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Any time your going to be in the area ... let me know. We should get together sometime. We don't live that far apart... i even go to Lake Mary for work.

Did you come across rte 60 when you came through Mulberry? The field is right next to the big Badcock building, and my circle is closest to the road. You would think with that much exposure i would have control liners lining up. Nope ... i fly all by myself every weekend.

It's a decent spot ... can get a little wet with these rains, but it never floods!
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sig Skyray Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:14 pm

All the way thru Brandon to north on 37. I see you're on the north side of 60 a bit further east. Nice field!
Maybe I'll be seeing you in Titusville in September or for the Ringmaster fly-a-thon in October. But yes I'll call or email if I know I'm going to Lakeland.
Sig Skyray
Sig Skyray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:56 am

Greg , you may want to try a 5x3 prop on that plane to get you some more RRRRRRs and thrust out of the stooge , Looking good guys , at least your flying . getback Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:37 am

Larry, I see a bladder fed Tee Dee in that Satan's future, with 8 minutes of fuel. It wouldn't be as pretty as with the GBee, but it would sure turn it up a few notches. And the needle setting will always be about the same unless you change fuel. Nice V8s you threw in for entertainment too. Thanks for the flight report.

And Eric is right, Greg. A 5x3 will get it in the air. The BW is working hard to lug a 6x3.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:53 pm

RknRusty wrote: Nice V8s you threw in for entertainment too. Thanks for the flight report.

Rusty

I've actually been practicing those with the lil satan. It's one of my feared maneuvers, as I've lost a couple planes trying to master it. I'm really trying to get over it ... LOL

I've got some other comments about my stunts ... I'll post them in the other "Been a month" thread ...
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:05 pm

larrys4227 wrote:
RknRusty wrote: Nice V8s you threw in for entertainment too. Thanks for the flight report.

Rusty

I've actually been practicing those with the lil satan.  It's one of my feared maneuvers, as I've lost a couple planes trying to master it.  I'm really trying to get over it ... LOL

I've got some other comments about my stunts ... I'll post them in the other "Been a month" thread ...
I clobbered the ground a couple of times when I was learning the V8. Once even on the first loop. How in the world doe that happen! In a contest Rolling Eyes It was just gear benders though. My later crashes were much more spectacular Lol. Cribbs saw one in real life, my beautiful new Osprey. Not sure what I was doing when it hit.

Now here's one that died at the bottom of the second lower loop of the V8. It was dead air, 7pm and I didn't walk backward. Flew into my own wake and there was nothing there for the wing to grab. This was a truly beloved plane, an old ugly beater Skyray & 35fp that I flew to win Beginner with. Ray Copeland gave it to me after my first contest. I lovingly named it DirtyBird and it died a horrible death. My first real stunter and learned the full pattern with it. I 'bout whipped a tear. This was at the post contest fun fly at Watt's after Shug Emery beat me in my first crack at Intermediate. It was backup to the Osprey that weekend.

Before:
Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II 7_dirt10

After:
Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II TheUgly_zps6f1646bb

No don't go worryin' about those V8s Larry. lol!
Reckin Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:06 am

RknRusty wrote:
After:
Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II TheUgly_zps6f1646bb

No don't go worryin' about those V8s Larry. lol!
Reckin Rusty

Ohhhhh .... now that makes me wanna go out and practice V8's .....

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:15 am

Haha, poor thing. It's wheels are in the trunk. I had to lean back to unsplock the engine from the sod. The wing with the numbers on it hangs on my wall of shame.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:45 am

I hope I didn't come across that I was laughing at your ill fortune ... I 'twas not. Crying or Very sad Truthfully, I'm dreadfully scared of that maneuver and want to overcome it. I need confidence .... which your pic doesn't give me. Wink LOL!

Nothing worse than coming home with busted airplanes. It happens in an instant ... it's not like we can fly 3 mistakes high, right? Wink Actually, I was looking for the engine in that picture .... I figured either it was buried or bounced off into the taller grass.

Here in Florida .... the ground is as hard as any asphalt. If I put one into it .... things break badly. Affraid or WOW!
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Sorry, I shouldn't post such an unnerving picture.  

To safely fly the V8, you need to buy some extra air up top. In order to have enough room to fly out of the top loop and complete the bottom loop, you must fly up past 90 degrees, arch your back and complete the loop at the edge of your peripheral vision. Until it comes back around, and then you can begin the bottom loop with more air than before. 90 degrees is way up, and lots of beginners mistake 80 for 90. I fly it 110 or more behind me. Always remove your hat before entering the V8 or it will block your view of the plane while you're imitating a (

I hope that helps.
Rusty

There's the engine.
Flight Video - Lil' Satan w/Golden Bee II Captur14

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sig Skyray Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:04 pm

That's flyin' guys. Gonna have some crack ups else yer not learnin' . Not looking forward to them tho.

Greg
Sig Skyray
Sig Skyray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down