Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2018
Mudhen's

"Prototype T.D. .010 c.1960"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

Enya .06 TV - A little more Cox like

Go down

Enya .06 TV - A little more Cox like

Post  rsv1cox on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:14 pm

I found this rather rare engine on ebay with few bidders so I cast my bread ($$$$) upon the waters and came up rewarded.

I don't think it's ever been ran, no combustion evident but that doesn't explain the broken prop shaft or mangled prop drive washer.  There is just enough thread left on the shaft however to fully screw on a nut over a Cox propeller and maybe someone in it's past used pliers on the washer trying to remove a stuck propeller somehow breaking the shaft......Dunno.  Sad

It is considered to be a throttle valve engine, the "carburetor" being just a ported barrel within the venturi actuated by a control arm, in this case missing.  Years ago Enya exported these to many countrys  including Australia, Germany, UK and the US.

I was lucky enough to find a replacement prop drive washer, and shot off an email to Enya looking for a replacement crankshaft.  If my bakery holds out I may be able to afford those parts.  

Bob
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enya .06 TV - A little more Cox like

Post  Surfer_kris on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:36 am

The throttle arm is just a flat plate, so that you can easily fabricate yourself.
The crank looks like is has been broken off though, and what's left might not be straight.

There are also mufflers for these, but the total weight is then rather high. I have a few of them but haven't run any yet...

Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:24 am

From what I have read these were introduced sometime in the early seventies. The diesels are still available at Hobby Shack in Singapore for $98 "In Singapore dollars". I don't know what that translates to in USD.

I'm not sure if I will hear back from Enya about a replacement crankshaft. I read in another forum that they were not answering emails.

Thanks for that picture. Looks like two different variations?

Bob
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:16 am

$98 Singapore is around $70 USD currently. Not too bad if they actually have stock. I'm surprised that they list so many older models in stock, including the .049, although it doesn't look like they've updated the website for some time.
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:33 am

Cool Bob glad to see you got it hope you can get it fixed up and maybe run ?? I was looking at that one and decided not to go the route . Eric Leaves
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:35 am

I'm not holding out much hope Rod, although I will contact them. Bob Brooks "shtterman" says they haven't made them in years. He does have parts though.

Bob
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:44 am

getback wrote:Cool Bob glad to see you got it hope you can get it fixed up and maybe run ?? I was looking at that one and decided not to go the route . Eric Leaves

Thanks Eric.  If it's a crazy Enya, chances are that I will be bidding.  But if you Rod or anyone else sees something that you have to have, let me know and I will back off.  I'm already overloaded on the things now.

Just finished this mess.  The parts to get it running will cost me more than the engine. ($15.00)

Interesting engine though. .60 7032 with double rings, ported, and baffled piston.

Bob
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:00 am

rsv1cox wrote:
Thanks for that picture.  Looks like two different variations?

Yes, I should have mentioned that, the picture shows one .049 and one .061 engine. There was also a .08 and a .10 engine, but these were only intended for the national market I think.

Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:17 am

Bob what all does that Enya 60 need other than a carb. getback Leaves
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:34 am

getback wrote:Bob what all does that Enya 60 need other than a carb. getback Leaves

Yeah,  I would be better off just buying a whole new one.  But the control arm is unique.  Notice the rectangular boss on the barrel.  The control arm also has to operate the linkage between it and the baffle.  They didn't make these very long.

They plated some of these early die cast 7032 .60's.  Not a great idea.

Other than carb parts it needs a case gasket which is coming.  I'm going to bench run it when it's complete.

Bob
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:01 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I found this rather rare engine on ebay with few bidders so I cast my bread ($$$$) upon the waters and came up rewarded.

Bob, I saw that engine on E-Bay as well, and as temping as it was to bid, I declined. Glad to see you picked up another jewel of an engine.
Leaves
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down