Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Cox_ba12

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 11:51 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Empty
Live on Patrol

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Empty FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE

Post  SuperDave Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Asking price?

I'm looking for a Class A nitro engine. A Veco would be great. I've had a Veco .35 for many years.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Empty Re: FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE

Post  tabled Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello Dave...you have a pm

Regards,

Ed
tabled
tabled
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Empty Re: FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE

Post  mitchg95 Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:57 pm

tabled wrote:I have got a Brand new, originally boxed Veco .19 engine for sale. If interested, please leave a message.

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Dsc_0011

just felt like i should point this out, the cylinder head is on sideways
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 pm

And it's a older veco i believe,the later 19's had a centerbolt exhaust port with hd webbing.

If anyone has or spots a veco 19 centerbolt muffler,,lemme know. Looking for one.
(Thread jack)
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Hijacked Bang!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tabled Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi All,

At first, thanks for all your replies. I did not really know better this engine was new. After a couple of emails with Superdave178 I think I have to explain some things:

- I am new to this type of engines: did not know even better this engine was new
- Did not know the term NIB I used in my header. Although I thought it was new, i did not know this term applies to New In Box including manuals etc.
- I have read te comments about the cilinder head which was on sideways. Did not know this, conclusion: engine is NOT new

I had a look at the cilinder head but here's the point: the cilinder head can only be installed as is. there's no possibility to twist this head a turn or two. Maybe someone over here can explain how this is possible.

Concluding: the information I posted here about the Veco was not correct, I am sorry for this. What's remaining are some questionmarks about this engine... is it new, is it revised.... may someone over here can help me out.

Maybe I need to build an airplain myself and put this engine in.... Smile

Thanks guys, looking forward to your replies,

special thanks to Dave !!

Regards,

Ed

tabled
tabled
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:29 pm

ED:

The only way that the cylinder head could NOT be re-aligned is if the piston were installed incorrectly. (Two-stroke engines do NOT have a flat-topped piston as in a four-stroke)

This only futher compounds the problems that you and I have discussed. You may have acquired this engine as NIB but clearly it's not. Someone, sometime has re-assembled it incorrecty. I assure you that it won't even run or turn over as is.

Back to you.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 pm

If that head cannot be turned, then maybe someone accidentally swapped heads with a different motor. Maybe both piston, cylinder and head.

As a general rule, those air flow cooling fins MUST face forward and back, not sideways like shown.

No worries for the most part Ed, I am sure there are some bits and pieces thst someone needs.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:53 pm

PV Pilot wrote:If that head cannot be turned, then maybe someone accidentally swapped heads with a different motor. Maybe both piston, cylinder and head.

As a general rule, those air flow cooling fins MUST face forward and back, not sideways like shown.

No worries for the most part Ed, I am sure there are some bits and pieces thst someone needs.

Just a point from my past experience, SOME engines DID have the cooling fins aligned like this ("Sideways") I owned at least one that was like this, can't remember the make I'm afraid, though I think it was American, it was about 40 years ago, however, I KNOW that engine was correct, because it had a baffled piston, and the clearance formed in the head matched the baffle. The was no way you could alter the head position without the baffle hitting the head, ergo, it was correct.
Best way to be sure is, remove the head, look for a piston baffle, (Or look through the exhaust port, you may be able to see it) if it's there, and the engine turns, it's right.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Completely agree Ivanhoe

Sure, they are out there and were made that way, but as a general rule,,,
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:33 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Completely agree Ivanhoe

Sure, they are out there and were made that way, but as a general rule,,,

Quite, and I must admit I don't ever remember the Veco 19 being like that, just playing Devil's advocate!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:46 pm

For what, if anything, it's worth I have long experience with Veco's dating back to the very early 60's. I assure you that Veco;s produced then and now have cooling fins aligned with the crankshaft.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:57 pm

SuperDave wrote:For what, if anything, it's worth I have long experience with Veco's dating back to the very early 60's. I assure you that Veco;s produced then and now have cooling fins aligned with the crankshaft.

Very good,, always need that info Dave.

Only makes sense,, airflow needs to rip down the length of those fins to pull that heat off correctly. Put the head on sideways (or align those fins sideways) and the air tumbles across,, not doing much good.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 pm

PV!

Your validation has MADE MY DAY!

Here I thinking myself so misunderstood and unappreciated.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:03 pm

PV Pilot wrote:
SuperDave wrote:For what, if anything, it's worth I have long experience with Veco's dating back to the very early 60's. I assure you that Veco;s produced then and now have cooling fins aligned with the crankshaft.

Very good,, always need that info Dave.

Only makes sense,, airflow needs to rip down the length of those fins to pull that heat off correctly. Put the head on sideways (or align those fins sideways) and the air tumbles across,, not doing much good.

Fact however remains, there WERE engines made like that!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:33 pm

It was quite common to turn the head (so the air can flow thru fins) on a two stroke engine set up for early 'sidewinder' R/C cars.

Hmmm, what was one of the most popular .19 R/C engines used for R/C cars made in the seventies about the same period as the engine in question....oh, yes....K&B .19's

My guess is the engine looks new, but someone rotated the head possibly in anticipation of installing it sideways in a car. I don't remember if they had baffed piston tops or not, also it looks like the head is not fitting right?

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE 11_8_010FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE 096-810
FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Dsc_0010
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:01 pm

SuperDave wrote:PV!

Your validation has MADE MY DAY!

Here I thinking myself so misunderstood and unappreciated.

Good, and let that be a lesson to you mister,,don't ever think that your posts are unappreciated

As quoted by Superdave on the Cox Engine Forums, and modified as such by Pv Pilot because,,i can.
"DONT GET YOUR BLOOMERS IN A BUNCH'

Happt holidays,, and i mean that, from the bottom of my fuel jug.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:23 am

Mark Boesen wrote:It was quite common to turn the head (so the air can flow thru fins) on a two stroke engine set up for early 'sidewinder' R/C cars.

Hmmm, what was one of the most popular .19 R/C engines used for R/C cars made in the seventies about the same period as the engine in question....oh, yes....K&B .19's

My guess is the engine looks new, but someone rotated the head possibly in anticipation of installing it sideways in a car. I don't remember if they had baffed piston tops or not, also it looks like the head is not fitting right?

FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE 11_8_010FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE 096-810
FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Dsc_0010

Any idea what the vehicle name or? is in the 2nd pic down.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Mark:

Can you name a "two stroker" that DOESN'T have baffled piston top?

All:

As I've mentioned before the referenced VECO .19 has been disassembled then re-assembled incorrectly the with pistion installed 90 degrees out of proper alignment. The head as shown is also out of alignment because with the piston that way that's the only the head may be installed.

As shown in the picture the engine will not run much less turn 360 degrees at the crank. The engine needs to be disassembled again the reassembled properly.

The lingering question becomes why was the engine disassembled in the first place and what other problems may exist? There are just too many "unknowns" for me to be interested in the Veco anymore.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:54 pm

SuperDave wrote:Mark:

I can, a great many of them, all Cox engines for a start!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
SuperDave wrote:Mark:

I can, a great many of them, all Cox engines for a start!

Yikes!
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Yikes! I "fell on my own sword". Sorry. Too much egg nog last night I guess. Embarassed

"Too err is human, to forgive is divine" - Alexander Pope
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  tabled Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi All,

A reaction from me seems to be in its place. Last night, after an email conversation with Dave, i removed the cilinder head and find out everything was in it's place as it should be... As discussed above, some Veco .19 engines does have a cilinder head turned sideways. Maybe the ones only used for cars or something?

Just to make you all guys over here I am not fu...ng around with an re-assembled engine or so..... As I said earlier.... this engine is new !!

To approve: here is picture of the inside engine:
FOR SALE: BRAND NEW, ORIGINALLY BOXED VECO .19 ENGINE Imag0013

Please leave your comments about this...

Regards,

Ed

tabled
tabled
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:08 pm

Good on you Ed!
YOu stepped up and proved your point!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tabled Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:19 pm

00Hi,

Thanks for your comments nitroairplane.... I almost thought everyone thought this engine was a fake..... It's definitally not.. It's new and never used. I hope I proved my right by sending this picture..

Just to let all you at this forum..... I knew this engine was new....for shore..

Regards,

Ed
tabled
tabled
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next