Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Cox_ba12

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by rsv1cox Today at 7:41 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 6:10 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Empty Re: what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Post  NEW222 Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Beautiful Banshee. I have a kit started, but has a warp in the wing. Will still like to finish it one day. I have a Fox 35 that I cleaned and rebuilt for it too. Thanks for the inspiration.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Empty Re: what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:12 pm

SuperDave wrote:Sheeez!

So please tell what is wrong with "asking $200?

From my understand a seller may ask any price that he wishes. The actual selling price is very often up for negotiation.

Would anyone here have it otherwise? If not, how would you have it?

Oh Dave the problem is not asking but trying to beleive it is worth that!
Tried to say it was new and unopened but if so how did MD convert t wihou opening the box?
Said they were no longer availing when infact MF will convert any .010 for $25 and claimed that they only had a website up to distract from his eBay listing I know that non of that is true because I have been in contact with Roger the owner.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Didn't the Romans have a saying about that?

If your still building the fuselage be sure to either set back the wing or the engine. The Banshee is a great plane but if built according to plans it will be very nose heavy. The warp can easily be removed by steam and also heating the plastic covering. Do some surfin' there's a great article done 10-15 years ago by a well known PAMPA guy on modifications to really make the Banshee fly well. Please feel free to PM with any questions on C/L stunt.

Mark
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Here's one that kinda neat, it's one of my first designs I built it when I was probably 12, quickly made a biplane out of it, but I think it may of flew better as a mono. The photo is a scan of a slide...my Dad was big into slides back then. I think the wheels came off my PT-19 The pilot was a small happy face button....this was the seventies!

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Origin10
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Nice Mark and those do look like pt 9 wheels.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  hlsat Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:43 am

nitroairplane wrote:what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Img_0310
now dead
Skip to the end of the video for the crash.
lots lots more.

Good model but not a good finish.
The ironing monokot not good.
hlsat
hlsat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 am

I know for tiny models it is really hard to get good results with iron on I have since found better films.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 am

nitroairplane wrote:what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Img_0310
now dead
Skip to the end of the video for the crash.
lots lots more.

Oh you covered your fuz Indra.
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 am

Jaspur_x wrote:I have seen his posts too, he doesn`t post a lot from what I have seen.

His prices aren`t dirt cheap, but you DO get what you pay for when buying from him; when he says it is n.i.b., it IS like off the shelf back in the day it was produced.

Sadly another US only seller.
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:21 am

OK, let's have some control liners here, enough of this R/C stuff!

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Phanto10

Phantom Mite that I built from the original Keil Kraft kit plan, when I first got back in to modelling, in this picture it had a Black Widow fitted but I decided discretion was the better part of valour and never flew it on that, retro-fitted a SureStart and flew it till it fell to bits!

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 am

Nice plane there Wilf I always did love the KK designs.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:46 am

What a fantastic looking model Ma Man
Much more of that Wilf and I will have take PT out of the Basement one Sunday.

Very Happy

John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:56 am

What about your diesel CL plane?
Go on pull that out Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 am

I glanced at the Spit at the weekend.
The engine is V Odd I'll pull it out of the garage to Very Happy night an
take a few shot of it.
I just fired up a Golden Bee that I got siezed on Sunday for a tenner.
What a loverly engine kinda reminds me of the Texaco.

John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 am

John Goddard wrote:I glanced at the Spit at the weekend.
The engine is V Odd I'll pull it out of the garage to Very Happy night an
take a few shot of it.
I just fired up a Golden Bee that I got siezed on Sunday for a tenner.
What a loverly engine kinda reminds me of the Texaco.

Where do you get Golden Bees for a tenner? They got any more???? lol!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:27 am

I went to pick a few oddments up Wilf and the Guy said "you can have that for a tenner".
I took it home gave it the Panel wipe then Plusgas treatment and taadaah.
It ain't the prettiest you'll have seen and he thought it was only good for bits.....

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 2 Pictur28

Last edited by John Goddard on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:38 am

Cool,
Run well?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 am

Well bearing in mind I still don't really know what is and ain't I'd say yes it chuggs away very nicely.

I think I'm getting the hang of them at last although the 010's are a different kettle of beans.....
I had one running backwards for a few seconds last night,
I thought "that's not supossed to happen"!

Last edited by John Goddard on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:47 am

Cool.
Yeah .010s are very different you need more nitro for them to run right.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:55 am

nitroairplane wrote:Cool.
Yeah .010s are very different you need more nitro for them to run right.

I've ditched the home brew and I've only got the MT GX25 from the boys in
Camden
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 am

The guys in camden really are good people and have a lot of good stock even real kits still in stock.
Did they remind you that you gotta shake it from time to time?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 am

nitroairplane wrote:The guys in camden really are good people and have a lot of good stock even real kits still in stock.

I don't suppose these "Guys in Camden" send fuel by post?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 am

John Goddard wrote:I went to pick a few oddments up Wilf and the Guy said "you can have that for tenner".
I took it home gave it the Panel wipe then Plusgas treatment and taadaah.
It ain't the prettiest you'll have seen and he thought it was only good for bits.....

Pretty doesn't count, as long as it runs it's a good tenner's worth of anyone's money!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:05 am

If you're stuggling with fuel Wilf I'll send you some.
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:The guys in camden really are good people and have a lot of good stock even real kits still in stock.

I don't suppose these "Guys in Camden" send fuel by post?

I doubt it but next time I go there I shal check.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next