Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Cox_ba12

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by rsv1cox Today at 5:07 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by getback Today at 3:25 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by getback Today at 3:23 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Empty spot the difference

Post  John Goddard Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 am

One is designed to be hauled around by an 010 the other by an 049 with 4.5 in pitch prop.
Mind you it does weigh twice as much....
Cool

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Pictur30
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Empty Re: what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 am

nitroairplane wrote:Yes especially if they were new Smile

AND, of course, if you could get them!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Empty Re: what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes

Post  Godsey3.0 Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:05 am

Mark I was actually refering to the small all yellow one. It looks like it says Phantom Mite.
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:38 am

Godsey3.0 wrote:Mark I was actually refering to the small all yellow one. It looks like it says Phantom Mite.

That's mine, Godsey, it's the old Keil Kraft Phantom Mite trainer, 16" span for up to .049 engines. If you want to build one I can send you the plan if you give me your EMail address

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:14 am

Godsey3.0 wrote:What is that yellow plane called Mark? I am considering building one. It looks very nice. Also what is the wingspan?

I'm sorry, I thought you were asking me.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 am

Mark Boesen wrote:
Godsey3.0 wrote:What is that yellow plane called Mark? I am considering building one. It looks very nice. Also what is the wingspan?

I'm sorry, I thought you were asking me.

Yes Mark, I didn't understand that either!!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 am

Here's the latest, I really must stop building until I can do some flying! Trouble is, I keep finding models I want to build.

Baby Ringmaster, Babe Bee with larger tank, but I think this may get replaced with a Black Widow before I fly it. this one is covered in Solarfilm, couldn't be bothered covering and doping at the moment!

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Ringma10
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 am

As long as you have engines just keep building!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 am

Does that 8cc tank have the same venturi bore as the Black Widow? I think Bernie said his new 8cc tanks were all the same specs as the BW. So put a new slit SPI set on it and you have a Silver Widow.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah or decent number 4 set.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 am

RknRusty wrote:Does that 8cc tank have the same venturi bore as the Black Widow? I think Bernie said his new 8cc tanks were all the same specs as the BW. So put a new slit SPI set on it and you have a Silver Widow.

I really don't know, the tank was on one of a number of semi-scrap Babe Bees that I've accumulated with other stuff, the engine on it there is a new SureStart setup that I've just screwed together, unfortunately so far it doesn't run very well.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  stuntflyr Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm

I built this old 1948 Scientific Staggerwing from a wreck in a box off of eBay. it has a McCoy 36 Sportsman from 1948, too. It was the first engine designed by Dick McCoy as a glow engine. I restored it with the same markings as my parents family cruiser airplane we had when I was in school. I presented it to my Dad for Christmas.
Chris...

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Scient12

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Stagge11

Last edited by stuntflyr on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to post pictures...)
stuntflyr
stuntflyr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:45 pm

stuntflyr wrote:I built this old 1948 Scientific Staggerwing from a wreck in a box off of eBay. it has a McCoy 36 Sportsman from 1948, too. It was the first engine designed by Dick McCoy as a glow engine. I restored it with the same markings as my parents family cruiser airplane we had when I was in school. I presented it to my Dad for Christmas.
Chris...

That is a lovely story Chris,
I am sure he was very pleased with it!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Wow, you did a beautiful job.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:59 pm

stuntflyr wrote:I built this old 1948 Scientific Staggerwing from a wreck in a box off of eBay. it has a McCoy 36 Sportsman from 1948, too. It was the first engine designed by Dick McCoy as a glow engine. I restored it with the same markings as my parents family cruiser airplane we had when I was in school. I presented it to my Dad for Christmas.
Chris...

Lovely job of restoration, Chris
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Chris...

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Scient12

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Stagge11

Just saw the pics and that is a massive difference
great.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  stuntflyr Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks!
Here is my eldest son's 1991 Scale Junior National Championship Consolidated 18 inch wingspan Typhoon with a Babe Bee inverted with a Tee Dee cylinder swinging two Tornado 5x3 half lapped into a four blader. Typhoon's were powered by Napier Sabre's which turned left handed, so they're pusher props and reedies will run either direction.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Jeremi10
stuntflyr
stuntflyr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

hey buddy, welcome to the forum!!!!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 pm

I actually thought that was yours Mark. My bad. I pmed you Wilf.
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:55 pm

stuntflyr wrote:Thanks!
Here is my eldest son's 1991 Scale Junior National Championship Consolidated 18 inch wingspan Typhoon with a Babe Bee inverted with a Tee Dee cylinder swinging two Tornado 5x3 half lapped into a four blader. Typhoon's were powered by Napier Sabre's which turned left handed, so they're pusher props and reedies will run either direction.

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Jeremi10
That is too cool!. Very nice plane.
Have you bored the inlet and venturi tube on that Bee, so it can make use of the TD cylinder?

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Wilf,

It looks like one of mine! Lol! I love that pre WWII trainer colors of blue and yellow (must be a Cox pt-19 thing) I think 90% of all my planes I've ever built are blue/yellow or yellow/black or yellow/red, and if it didn't have a red/white striped tail it has checkers on the wings!

Very nice Wilf!
what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Pictur14what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Scan0010
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  stuntflyr Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

I can almost see that it's a Mach 1, but I cannot believe it!
The Tipo is doing pretty well.
Chris...

what airplanes have you built? post your pics of the models and feel free to talk about your airplanes - Page 4 Tipora10
stuntflyr
stuntflyr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 am

Mark Boesen wrote:Hi Wilf,

It looks like one of mine! Lol! I love that pre WWII trainer colors of blue and yellow (must be a Cox pt-19 thing) I think 90% of all my planes I've ever built are blue/yellow or yellow/black or yellow/red, and if it didn't have a red/white striped tail it has checkers on the wings!

Very nice Wilf!

Thanks Mark, as I said, when I was covering it I decided I couldn't be bothered with dope etc. so I looked in my materials drawer and the only colours of Solarfilm I had were red and yellow, and since most of my models end up a variation of red and something I used the yellow for a change. Then after I sprayed the rest of it with my only tin of spray (Blue) and finished it off I thought it looked vaguely PT-19ish, so I added the fin colouring. I wish now that I'd gone the PT-19 way with the rest and put the stars on the wings etc. but my next build is going to be a Little Devil, which might end up as a "Devilish PT-19"! Very Happy

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 pm

i got a new plane today Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , its around 40-50 years old, i have no idea what it is, ill post some pics of it tomorrow, i would appreciate it if anyone can help me identify the model, fyi it only has 1 channel "rudder'' and had a cox golden bee with a number 2 cylinder
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:51 pm

[quote="stuntflyr"]I can almost see that it's a Mach 1, but I cannot believe it!
The Tipo is doing pretty well.
Chris...

Hi Chris,
Yep, looking back, making the Mach 1 into a tail dragger was not the best idea I ever had! The Tippo is looking good! I bet your getting pretty good with it!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next