Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

another toy from the 60s Cox_ba12

another toy from the 60s Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by aspeed Today at 8:06 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

another toy from the 60s Empty
Live on Patrol

another toy from the 60s

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

another toy from the 60s Empty another toy from the 60s

Post  crankbndr Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:45 am

Dad got me one of these when I was 8 or 9 years old, it blew away my cocking spring rifle. It was powerful (400fps) ,semi auto and very accurate.
I found this one NIB, also found one to use as a shooter, if anyone has one I would be interested in it for parts.

another toy from the 60s Dsc01410

another toy from the 60s Dsc01411
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

another toy from the 60s Empty Re: another toy from the 60s

Post  bamboozler Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:43 am

Nice looking pistol. I'm a handgun fan too. Smile
bamboozler
bamboozler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:15 am

Nice looking B-B gun. Be careful where you use it these days. Neighbor calls police, they think it's real, etc.

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:19 am

Beautiful Pistol!!!!

Always loved the target pistol versions. Never cared for the ones that imitated revolvers and such.

I've got a Crosman 2240 'Bolt Action' single shot that is dead-on and a cheap way to get in some practice without alarming the subdivision across the valley...

another toy from the 60s Crosma10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 am

NICE reminds me of the 22 Stevens i have lost /misplaced ? Sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:08 am

Yes, you really need to be careful around here, probably not so bad up Kims way. Is is amazing how accurate they are for a smooth bore spitting a round bb.
The new bb guns I see you can't tell from the real deal, some claim over 1000fps, my daily carry is only 900 +- in 45acp. ( in the 9mm vs 45 argument I'm firmly in the 45 camp)
But a police officer would have to assume you were armed if you had a bb gun.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:46 am

lol, i still have the good o'l Daisy i got for my 8th birthday...lol, i shoot it like a long barrel pistol, up to 20-25' i'm pretty deadly with it! I remember i saw the scope and thought that was cool, but i quickly realised it wasn't what i thought/hoped it was.
Found a photo, only mine was black metal..another toy from the 60s 6cf39e10
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:13 pm

My Crosman BB gun is my squirrel chaser off the bird feeder, just one or two pumps and hit 'em in the butt. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:15 pm

I always wanted to purchase one of the "semi-automatic" BB guns that were advertised in the back of comic books. They claim to shoot 3000 rounds a minute. They also took one full can of Freon to shoot 2000 rounds.  I figured I couldn't afford to waste that many BB's or buy that many cans of freon!  Woulda been fun for a Minute or two....

another toy from the 60s Img_0011
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  bamboozler Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Here are some of my Ruger revolvers. A .357 and two .44 Magnums.

another toy from the 60s Uplink short end unknown

Last edited by bamboozler on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
bamboozler
bamboozler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:02 pm

A pistoleros!! Gotta love those 44s, I have Redhawk that is about 30 years old still shoot regularly and can hit well too.
After a few go rounds with the 44 the 45acp is a pussycat
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:27 pm

rsv1cox wrote:My Crosman BB gun is my squirrel chaser off the bird feeder, just one or two pumps and hit 'em in the butt.  Smile

Bob

i've got a old Crossman 760(?) but it doesnt work :^ (...

another toy from the 60s Acf65f10
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:28 pm

I have these.. Elegant weapons of a more civilized time.. but nothing beats a good blaster by your side.

another toy from the 60s Sling-10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wha-tah-hey Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:24 pm

I have a Crosman like Mark's in working order and super accurate - 10 shots in minute-of-squirrel-head at 33'.
Also, a bit more primitive but a great technological advance in it's day:another toy from the 60s Atlatl10
another toy from the 60s Atlatl11

I have modern stuff too. Smile

wha-tah-hey
wha-tah-hey
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 pm

crankbndr wrote:A pistoleros!! Gotta love those 44s, I have Redhawk that is about 30 years old still shoot regularly and can hit well too.

I like how you think. I like to start out with my Red hawk and then go to a 1911. After the .44 the .45 is a little less satisfying.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:41 am

I prefer a more moderate toy weapon ... This Site Rocks!

another toy from the 60s Cavema10

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:39 am

gcb wrote:Nice looking B-B gun. Be careful where you use it these days. Neighbor calls police, they think it's real, etc.

George

Not only would Australian authorities "think" it's real, they consider it real to the point of you being charged for being in possession of a firearm. Anything that looks like a firearm and functions in some way like a firearm is considered a firearm and must be registered and the user licensed as such.
I always dreamed of the Daisy BB gun because they were advertised on the backs of all our U.S. sourced comic books. At 15 I had saved enough money to buy myself a "slug gun", as they were called. .177 cal. which used lead slugs, shaped a little like a shuttlecock. Balogh will appreciate that it was a very nicely crafted "Jelly" from Hungary. Actually, I couldn't buy it but my dad had to. Eventually, following the infamous "Port Arthur Massacre" in Tasmania, I had to get a shooter's license and register it as a firearm to be able to keep it.
I know many of you Americans will not like it, but we haven't had a single massacre in decades following the government's hard line laws brought in after the killings. Taking automatic weapons out of the hands of everyone has had an enormous positive effect on gun crime.
We hear many reports of shootings from over there on the news, but out here, the laws have worked well. It was a small price to pay for many saved lives.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:50 am

crankbndr wrote:A pistoleros!! Gotta love those 44s, I have Redhawk that is about 30 years old still shoot regularly and can hit well too.

I have a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. After six rounds of 400 grain bullets, shooting a .45 Colt is like shooting a weak .38spl. One cylinder of .454 is all my wrist can stand in one session.

The Wimpy Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:35 am

batjac wrote:

I have a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. After six rounds of 400 grain bullets, shooting a .45 Colt is like shooting a weak .38spl.  One cylinder of .454 is all my wrist can stand in one session.

The Wimpy Mark

Hickok 45 is quite a shooter and he finds the 454 stout, BEAR REPELLANT LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll--DXOWPyA
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:37 am

1/2A Nut wrote:I prefer a more moderate toy weapon ...  This Site Rocks!

another toy from the 60s Cavema10

In Texas you can open carry your rocks
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:49 am

Oldenginerod wrote:
gcb wrote:Nice looking B-B gun. Be careful where you use it these days. Neighbor calls police, they think it's real, etc.

George

Not only would Australian authorities "think" it's real, they consider it real to the point of you being charged for being in possession of a firearm.  Anything that looks like a firearm and functions in some way like a firearm is considered a firearm and must be registered and the user licensed as such.
I always dreamed of the Daisy BB gun because they were advertised on the backs of all our U.S. sourced comic books.  At 15 I had saved enough money to buy myself a "slug gun", as they were called.  .177 cal. which used lead slugs, shaped a little like a shuttlecock.  Balogh will appreciate that it was a very nicely crafted "Jelly" from Hungary.  Actually, I couldn't buy it but my dad had to.  Eventually, following the infamous "Port Arthur Massacre" in Tasmania, I had to get a shooter's license and register it as a firearm to be able to keep it.
I know many of you Americans will not like it, but we haven't had a single massacre in decades following the government's hard line laws brought in after the killings.  Taking automatic weapons out of the hands of everyone has had an enormous positive effect on gun crime.
We hear many reports of shootings from over there on the news, but out here, the laws have worked well.  It was a small price to pay for many saved lives.

The events in Australia and England before it were tragic no doubt, but for the most part they were isolated occurrences perpetrated by unbalanced individuals.  I doubt that similar shootings had ever been recorded previously in the two countries so the fact that repeat events have not occurred since is not outside of reason.  

Thankfully "The right to keep and bear arms" is written into our constitution.  Our goal is to prevent arms from falling into the hands of those not mentally stable enough to handle them without stepping on the rights of the individual.  A tall order.  Also it's well known that if firearms are banned in the USA only criminals will have them.  

My home state of New Hampshire's motto is "Live free or die", it's on every license plate.  I ascribe to that notion.  

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 am

I have a Benjamin (Crossman) air rifle. It is a few years old now, the new "Nitro Piston" in .22 I also have an RWS 34 in .117 that is much older.

Both are accurate and deadly to small rodents, and even 'coons. The .22 has much more stopping power, probably due to the larger hole.

Typically I paper punch, or shoot cans on a stick, at 50 to 100 ft. Groups of less than an inch are easy with either.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  wha-tah-hey Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:45 am

We call those "pellet guns", Rod, and many BB guns will shoot either style of projectile.
I've owned something over 300 different rifles, handguns and shotguns in my life, everything from .22 to .58 caliber, .410s to 12 gauge, seven different .44 Magnums and a .454 Cassull, antiques such as a S&W #2 .44 American, S&W #3 .44 Russian and .44-40, 2 original Remington .44 percussion revolvers and I've built several muzzleloading firearms while I currently own a dozen or so rifles, handguns and shotguns.
I'm happy to say that none of my firearms heave ever decided to killed someone while in my possession (and be assured they would have been dealt with most severely had they chosen to do so), though countless rabbits, squirrels, dove, and a number of deer have fed me and my family, thanks to them.
It's sad but true, "Guns don't kill people - people do". And for all the press coverage given to shootings here, more people die in bathtub falls or swimming pools each year than are victims of gun deaths.
No doubt a clever and deranged fellow could kill someone with a Golden Bee or Tee Dee if he chose to.
wha-tah-hey
wha-tah-hey
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:44 pm

I tried to keep my mouth shut as I like, and respect OldEngienRod....but I strongly dispute this assertion and belief of his:

"We hear many reports of shootings from over there on the news, but out here, the laws have worked well. It was a small price to pay for many saved lives."

Rod
I believe your media...as is ours, has an agenda
I KNOW for a FACT there are NOW more bad GUYs with Guns then before the ban

In my mind there are some easy to figure logistical problems with a total gun(firearm) ban...and collection

There is absolutely zero way for a total ban on firearms to work in ANY scenario EXCEPT--- a full 100% house (and barn) to HOUSE search of every inch of a country...and even then, I can safely say that 100% collection is UNOBTAINABLE today.

I also fully expect that TOMORROW ( day or week after a collection) a new cache of firearms will be distributed (at now greatly inflated prices) to anyone who wants one

This is pure logic and common sense

Independent statistics of all the (weapons ban) countries and American states, with such bans, are almost universal in the reporting of MORE gun violence...easy to research for reliable sources...not media BS

Of course there are the outliers to this criminal activity set of statistics.... But just because some few areas ACTUALLY had a reduction or elimination (in a relatively SHORT) reporting period...is simply not empirical proof that elimination really worked... but is seems to be so ...for NOW

My own current county of residence has reported only one GUN murder in the last 35 years....don't be fooled... 23 murders have occurred in that same time span... Bats, Knives, bare hands, pick axe, car, poisson, pencil, electricity, garratt, and in one case a champaign bottle were the weapons

I leave the reader to ponder these notions and do their OWN independent research and make their own ADULT Decisions

Sorry Rod...not meaning to disrespect you in any way....

Just a vexsome topic with me
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  wha-tah-hey Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:59 pm

I'll also note the curious fact that following England's essentially total ban on private firearms ownership, after many, many decades of finding a nightstick sufficient the police now carry firearms.
Solely on account of terrorism?
As an American citizen that fight is also MY personal Constitutional responsibility should the occasion/need arise.
And I'm a happy camper - picked up my CC permit today. Thumbs Up

Last edited by wha-tah-hey on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
wha-tah-hey
wha-tah-hey
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next