Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th Cox_ba12

Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:59 pm

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 8:19 pm

» need info on this
by lla Today at 6:19 pm

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 3:49 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 1:17 pm

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 12:15 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 10:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 9:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 9:30 am

» "SOLD OUT" Cox .020 silencers -- currently
by GallopingGhostler Today at 6:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 3:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 9:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th Empty
Live on Patrol

Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th

Go down

Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th Empty Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th

Post  Kim Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 am

Hey Everyone !

After gathering the input of several participants, I've decided to hold off the 2012 Tach Race until next Saturday, January 14th, in order to give all the engines a chance to arrive. At least one is still on the way, mailed more than two weeks ago, and the unanimous consensus among the Players is that a Full Field of Engines is worth the wait.

I've got nothing scheduled for next weekend (and would probably cancel it if I did), so there's no problem for me doing this.

I'll use the extra time to get the return shipping all in order so that you will get your engine back as absolutely soon as possible after the Race.

I'll also double-check to make sure that there aren't any other engines in transit. I had several notes from guys who thought they might send engines, but I don't know for sure that they actually sent them out.

I hope that this is OK with anyone I haven't contacted. I'm still making this up as I go, and really want everyone to feel like it's worth holding this event!

Later !!! Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th Empty Re: Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th

Post  nitroairplane Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 am

Everyone involve I cannot thank you enough and am so sorry.
Indra
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th Empty Re: Tach Race 2012 Postponed Until Saturday January 14th

Post  microflitedude Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:58 am

nitroairplane wrote:Everyone involve I cannot thank you enough and am so sorry.
Indra

Don't be!

Like he said, it is well worth the wait. Smile
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:17 pm

microflitedude wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:Everyone involve I cannot thank you enough and am so sorry.
Indra

Don't be!

Like he said, it is well worth the wait. Smile

DITTO !!!

It's not for you to be sorry, Indra...it's just the situation...and we're gonna deal with the situation !

Don't know if you guys are members of the .049 Collector's Group, but here are two notes in response to my posting over there:
------------------------
"HI Kim,

Thanks for the note. Holding off until 'whenever' is no problem by me. We are gentlemen holding a sporting event. It would be a shame not to give somebody a bit of leeway as long as it's OK with you.

Cheers, Paul"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Kim,
I think you/we should wait MORE than a week for the delivery of that last engine. As you said, it was posted well within what would be a normal delivery time, so the problem was not created by the engine owner. And we aren't in so much of a rush that the actual date can't be changed. At least I'm not.

Maybe others agree and maybe some don't. Just sayin' as they say...
It sure looks like a fine bunch of engines with a variety of approaches. The results really will be quite interesting.

Again, thanks for doing all this.
Nick Vanmatre "

------------------------------------
Considering the caliber and character of members of both groups...this is not surprising at all . We'll wait, and it will be a Great Time. The only thing that'd make it better is if all you guys could zip though this computer and be here for it !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Modellers really are a great group of people!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm

"Paitence of a saint" comes to mind when speaking of the modelling community.

Without that, you are just one of the other crowd.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:26 pm

That is one big draw to the hobby.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 am

PV Pilot wrote:"Paitence of a saint" comes to mind when speaking of the modelling community.

Yes! And woe be unto those who tread here without it! Even the RTF's will destroy someone who refuses to temper themselves and invest in a little learning !!!

How many of you have had experience with someone who came charging into the hobby, full of flame and passion, throwing tons of money around and demanding that their first airplane be a 1/4 Scale (or larger) P-51 Mustang with retractable gear, flaps, bomb release, remote sliding canopy lighting system, and operational micro machine guns ? They want this to happen RIGHT NOW, all the while, not really having a good clue as to which end of an Exacto Knife would hurt them?

In teaching folks to fly, I've had this type of company (on different levels) several times, and it's a heartbreaking show !

It's a wonderful hobby, but it has a cruel filter to sift out the ones who won't develop some discipline !

Last edited by Kim on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:03 am

Good one Kim.

Or you have those folks that come charging into the hobby's exclaming, "I have to initially spend this type of money for this small model just so I can do this?"

I look at them and explain "it's the price of admission" (into the club).

PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 am

PV Pilot wrote:Good one Kim.

Or you have those folks that come charging into the hobby's exclaming, "I have to initially spend this type of money for this small model just so I can do this?"

I look at them and explain "it's the price of admission" (into the club).

YES !!! And I've tried in vain for three some-odd decades to preach the wonderfulness of a friendly high-winger...how, with just a bit of imagination they can become a camera plane, a test-bed for new gadgets or engines, and a back-up for practice when the "Super Plane" has gone gopher killing!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Kim wrote:
PV Pilot wrote:"Paitence of a saint" comes to mind when speaking of the modelling community.

Yes! And woe be unto those who tread here without it! Even the RTF's will destroy someone who refuses to temper themselves and invest in a little learning !!!

How many of you have had experience with someone who came charging into the hobby, full of flame and passion, throwing tons of money around and demanding that their first airplane be a 1/4 Scale (or larger) P-51 Mustang with retractable gear, flaps, bomb release, remote sliding canopy lighting system, and operational micro machine guns ? They want this to happen RIGHT NOW, all the while, not really having a good clue as to which end of an Exacto Knife would hurt them?

In teaching folks to fly, I've had this type of company (on different levels) several times, and it's a heartbreaking show !

It's a wonderful hobby, but it has a cruel filter to sift out the ones who won't develop some discipline !

Kim I hear that loud and clear!

Friend phones me up "Hry Indra reckon you can teach me to fly rc don't worry about me crashing your trainer I just bough an eflite ultimate!"

Dad "hey Indra I want to learn to fly can we build a WW2 fighter"

I will be teaching him on a little sailplane we are going to build.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Lol!,,Eflight ultimate.

"Take it back and return it for this":
http://www.realflight.com/
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 pm

I trimmed it took it for a little spin Wink
Then well,,,, he crashed it.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:15 pm

nitroairplane wrote:I trimmed it took it for a little spin Wink
Then well,,,, he crashed it.

Yep..."The Heart-Break Show" !!!!

I've become a lot meaner in my old age, and have developed an "it's my way or the highway" attitude toward flight instruction !

I point out at the beginning: "This is America, and you have a right torture yourself anyway you want. However, those rights DO NOT extend to torturing your flight instructor!"

My great Nemesis now is the Flight Simulator. Attempting to brush aside my instruction with such comments as, "Oh, don't worry, I've got lots of Sim Time, will get you an instant expulsion from the Skunk Works Flight Training School !"

I think sims are great for helping with coordination and such, but in most cases, you can't simulate the pucker-factor of watching you steely craft snap toward the ground, or dissolve to a distant speck on the horizon!

There's no "reset" with the real dog !

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeah Kim.
Sim is fun but I do not use it for training.
I am like you if you want to learn you listen to me that is how I am no matter who it is as a person with a big fast plane and no skill is a dangerous thing.
I remember your story about that junior pilots programme.
Indra
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 pm

I've seen it happen, too many times...
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Yeah man and then because of the fact that they lost a plane and cannot fly well use it as an excuse to leave a hobby and Thai is usual just because their ego is damaged beyon repair.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Yeah, I just don't fight it anymore. It wastes my time and often, several good flying days. It's just as bad with lazy people.

I've seen planes with servos drastically shifting in their mounts under an artificial air-load, pushrod shouds unsecured at the rear (and sometimes front) of their run, with the whole thing flexing all over the place under load, and STILL hit resistance when I tell the future Red Baron that he has to fix it before the plane flys.

Had one guy who wanted to get rid of the rubber bands on his wing to be "Like the Big Guys", and built up a block and dowel-peg assembly to engage the front bulkhead, with screws in trailing edge. He glued the block to the wing's MONOKOTE!

He'd already soloed and had become pretty safe, and I didn't know about or check his mods before he launched. The "Monokote wing mount" actually hung in there pretty good for a couple of circuits, then decided to give it up on a high pass over the ramp. Pavement and balsa missile...you know the rest. At least he didn't hurt anyone! He cursed the whole deal and quit the hobby.

Like I say..."A Cruel Filter" !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Yep as my granny used to say.
"those who don't hear will feel"
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down