Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Just so ya know................ Cox_ba12

Just so ya know................ Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Just so ya know................ Empty
Live on Patrol

Just so ya know................

Go down

Just so ya know................ Empty Just so ya know................

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I've been busy. Tight fit in the crock pot!!!

Just so ya know................ Midget38

Still thinking about you guys though.

Just so ya know................ Midget37

Just so ya know................ Midget36

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Just so ya know................ Empty Re: Just so ya know................

Post  Marleysky Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Bob, it's looking like a bucket o' Fun! On the rear end, is that picture of the old and then the new?? Looks like different numbers by the drain plug.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Nice!!! There was a 77 "B" for sale.. just down the street from me recently Bob.

Just so ya know................ 20170510
Just so ya know................ 20170511
Just so ya know................ 20170512
Just so ya know................ 20170513

Oh my GAWD... The pics are whack... but you can see what's there. A 77 B... with new tires.. Laughing IDK what it sold for.

My uncle has a 65 B.. garaged since around 1972-3. He'd had bodywork done.. and had it repainted the stock sky/baby-blue.. only one season previously. It needed front-end work. The front lower control-arms on the "65" incorporate the (MacPherson?)-strut assembly.. which was quite expensive. J.C. Whitney had a cheaper solution/retro-fit assembly that used a conventional shock-absorber.. but it wasn't something that a purist would have bought.

There was a British-Leland/Pontiac dealer in Norwood, MA. 'Tom Connelly"... where I worked in the mid-1980's. One of the mechanics there opened his own MG parts/repair service after the dealer had closed-up shop. He had "daily-drivers".. and loved the MG. I still have ties to the man.. if there are any parts that your having trouble finding... let me know (in a PM) and we'll see if we can find them?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:59 am

rsv1cox wrote:I've been busy.  Tight fit in the crock pot!!!

Still thinking about you guys though.

Bob
Good work, Bob, I admire your determination.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:43 am

Hey Bob, quite a job you've taken on there.  Looks like quite a bit more work than I had to do on this.  Just finished it & got it one the road in the past two weeks.
Just so ya know................ 100_5014
Just so ya know................ 100_5013
Just so ya know................ 100_5015
It had very little rust- I left the body work up to a panel shop, although I stripped and reassembled once repaired & painted.
Originally got it in '99 but took it off the road 6-7 years ago.  It's taken all this time, but glad to see it finally finished.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:22 am

Marleysky wrote:Bob, it's looking like a bucket o' Fun!  On the rear end, is that picture of the old and then the new?? Looks like different numbers by the drain plug.

MOWOG Rene, something like FoMoCo. Stands for Morris/Wolseley/MG. Dates back to the very origins of the British car industry where most everything came under Morris Garages.

Yes, the same rear end. Took lots of sanding, wire wheeling, and scraping to get it that way. Too big to get in the sandblaster it took me an entire morning to finish.

Nice, excellent job Rod. Looks a little Simca-ish but not. Simca a French/Italian collaboration imported into the US years ago Chrysler Corporation.

Great pictures roddie, too good to miss.

Just so ya know................ Roddie10

Just so ya know................ Roddie11
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:54 am

Bob I wish I could do that to my old Dodge truck. I'm currently on 378k on the odometer and still going strong on the original engine. Merle Haggard sings it best " I wish a Ford and Chevy should last 10 years like a Dodge" . I bought it new and I would love to do what your doing to mine if I only had the time. It's a love hate thing. Seeing it's a daily driver, it's hard to do this kind of thing but it's equally hard enough to keep it mechanically sound. I thought of you the other day at my mechanics shop when he had a Jensen Interceptor that was in the same equal condition as your vehicle. He wanted to restore it himself but he's running a business and he said as much as he would like to, he's got 10 others in front of it. He's a huge Mopar enthusiast in which he restored a 71 Challenger that was on Barret Jackson a few years back. While the car fell slightly shy of his 100k expectations, I feel it was a win for him as it did make 88K selling price. However he did say if he was to do it again, he would buy one already complete due to the costs in getting it there.

Yours is coming along real nice and I'm quite certain that in the end the reward for driving it around will certainly make you appreciate the hard efforts and pitfalls getting there. Good luck, Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:07 am

rsv1cox wrote:
Nice, excellent job Rod.  Looks a little Simca-ish but not.  Simca a French/Italian collaboration imported into the US years ago Chrysler Corporation.

Well I wouldn't have picked it as looking like a Simca. 100% Toyota Corolla, Aussie assembled, as indicated by the AMI badge on the lower fender. Australian Motor Industries, who also assembled and sold Rambler and Thiumph cars. Funny you mention Simca. My first car (sort of) was a 1956 Simca Aronde Elysee. Started driving it around the farm at 12-13yo. Rebuilt my first engine (using all second hand parts) at 15. A very comfortable and well appointed car for its time. Also sold here by Chyrsler.
Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:35 am

Oldenginerod wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:
Nice, excellent job Rod.  Looks a little Simca-ish but not.  Simca a French/Italian collaboration imported into the US years ago Chrysler Corporation.

Well I wouldn't have picked it as looking like a Simca.  100% Toyota Corolla, Aussie assembled, as indicated by the AMI badge on the lower fender.  Australian Motor Industries, who also assembled and sold Rambler and Thiumph cars.  Funny you mention Simca.  My first car (sort of) was a 1956 Simca Aronde Elysee.  Started driving it around the farm at 12-13yo.  Rebuilt my first engine (using all second hand parts) at 15.  A very comfortable and well appointed car for its time.  Also sold here by Chyrsler.
Rod.

It's been bugging me Rod as to how I made the Simca connection, then I remembered that my Dad owned one. Found the picture and removed it from the album to discover that my Dad had written "The Bug" on the back.

Just so ya know................ Simca_10

Also the MGB picture that roddie attached. That license plate. Lot's of letters and numbers. New Hampshire sure has populated. Didn't need many back in 1955. R = Rockingham County, V my last name. Sad day, a little old lady ran a stop sign and hit the back fender of my 1950 Plymouth. It still bothers me.

Just so ya know................ Ply_fe10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:54 am

Bob , I think you have it going on with the restore , Looking Good !! I am having to force myself to take some time away from all the work been turning wrenches 7 days a week is kicking my butt. 3 days a week at job customers at home then i think everything i owned (yard equip.) was broken down at one time and still not all working ! DAMMIT! My body is seriously hurting from too much Not Fun in my life . confused
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:06 pm

getback wrote:Bob , I think you have it going on with the restore , Looking Good !! I am having to force myself to take some time away from all the work been turning wrenches 7 days a week is kicking my butt. 3 days a week at job customers at home then i think everything i owned (yard equip.) was broken down at one time and still not all working ! DAMMIT! My body is seriously hurting from too much Not Fun in my life . confused

All work and no play Eric makes for a very bad day. Take a breather and wear a big hat so when all that stuff comes falling down it doesn't hit you. Smile Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm feelin ya Bob.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum